The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Off Topics Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ear Electronics -- Guitar Pedals (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113708)

Requiem 01-09-2014 03:14 PM

Ear Electronics -- Guitar Pedals
 
I know we have some musicians on the Mane and quite a few guitarists. My friends recently opened up their own business and they create guitar pedals/effects. They have a lot to choose from and they are all hand made. You can visit the website by clicking this link.

Figured some of you might be interested in some quality gear. If you have any questions on things, just ask. Hopefully this is acceptable to post.

They have YouTube video demos of each pedal as well.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 01-24-2014 06:48 PM

I like the delay pedal - reminds me of an old Ibanez AD-80 analog delay. Nice and warm sounding. It's also cool to see a boutique pedal that offers up to 600ms of delay at this price point.

Dr. Broncenstein 01-28-2014 06:28 PM

I have just about every fulltone pedal ever made, some voodoo lab pedals, the original line 6 green and blue boxes. Most of it just collects dust. These days I like a touch of slap echo and a b-bender into a clubman 35. The only pedal I'm looking for is a really good compressor. Something really squashed out sounding but articulate that cooperates with a wah pedal. I've not had much luck finding what I'm looking for.

nyuk nyuk 01-28-2014 07:11 PM

I'm a guitar illiterate. Haven't played since a teen and then very little. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a Fender or Jackson lately, though...

Requiem 01-29-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN (Post 4039920)
I like the delay pedal - reminds me of an old Ibanez AD-80 analog delay. Nice and warm sounding. It's also cool to see a boutique pedal that offers up to 600ms of delay at this price point.

Well if you are ever interested in something handmade to your specs or what you'd like, just ask. Same goes for you too Doc. Just let me know or get in contact with Ryan from Ear Electronics. Not trying to be too pushy or press these guys too much, but I think they do good work.

BroncoBuff 02-05-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 4043839)
The only pedal I'm looking for is a really good compressor. Something really squashed out sounding but articulate that cooperates with a wah pedal. I've not had much luck finding what I'm looking for.


http://imageshack.com/a/img853/3249/g89a.jpg


There you go.

Never understood why these didn't catch on more. They make a compressor, but all its functions are included in the sustainor.

Requiem 02-05-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein (Post 4043839)
I have just about every fulltone pedal ever made, some voodoo lab pedals, the original line 6 green and blue boxes. Most of it just collects dust. These days I like a touch of slap echo and a b-bender into a clubman 35. The only pedal I'm looking for is a really good compressor. Something really squashed out sounding but articulate that cooperates with a wah pedal. I've not had much luck finding what I'm looking for.

What kind of guitars do you have? Sounds like a hell of a set up.

Are you Billy Corgan!?

Dr. Broncenstein 02-05-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 4055526)
What kind of guitars do you have? Sounds like a hell of a set up.

Are you Billy Corgan!?

Strats, teles, les paul, and les paul jrs. A few months ago I bought a les Paul jr with a b-bender that is my new favorite. I've played in bands from 8th grade through college. Med school put the kibosh on live gigs with others. Have some guys I gig with now on occasion but nothing regular. I just don't have time. Most of the time I rock out through a pod into headphones after everyone goes to bed.

BroncoBuff 02-10-2014 10:54 AM

Have you guys played one of the newer Pauls with coil-tap and out-of phase switching? They were introduced 5 or 6 years ago, and despite the fact it was largely my own design :thanku:, I haven't played one yet.

I like they kept the 2-humbucker, 3-pos-switch, 4-pot configuration ... extra switches would look dorky. They've embraced weight relief, too - two designs now, plus an "automatic" tuning add-on of some kind, and even asymmetrical necks - thicker at lower frets, tapering thinner from high E to low E, more and more as you go up the neck.

I thought traditionalist stick-in-the-muds would never change. But for me, they're like college football uniforms ... once I finally gave up on ever seeing anything new, creativity breaks out and spreads like a norovirus.



http://imageshack.com/a/img835/1645/kbk6.jpg


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.