The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   A&E's Core Values as a Company are about Profits (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113523)

Pony Boy 12-27-2013 04:33 PM

A&E's Core Values as a Company are about Profits

A&E resuming Duck Dynasty show with Phil Robertson

"Duck Dynasty" supporters have won their standoff with A&E: The network has reversed its suspension of star Phil Robertson for making anti-gay comments, and he will not miss a single episode of the upcoming season.

Shooting will resume in the spring, and will be accompanied by a series of public service announcements "promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in 'Duck Dynasty,'" the network said.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=845064

Show Me the Money ....... to hell with the gays ....LOL

W*GS 12-27-2013 06:16 PM

Capitalism helps perpetuate bigotry because all capitalism cares about is wealth, not morality or virtue. If ignorant stupidity is profitable, we get ignorant stupidity.

peacepipe 12-27-2013 07:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW343K1-upo

great watch about duck dynasty

Pony Boy 12-27-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 4008310)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW343K1-upo

great watch about duck dynasty

The thread is not about Duck Dynasty, I don't watch the show and don't know anyone that does. This thread is about A&E and their core values being compromised by greed and not having the balls to stand behind the decision to remove Phil Robertson from the show.

theAPAOps5 12-27-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 4008331)
The thread is not about Duck Dynasty, I don't watch the show and don't know anyone that does. This thread is about A&E and their core values being compromised by greed and not having the balls to stand behind the decision to remove Phil Robertson from the show.

Isn't Phil Robertson from the show Duck Dynasty?

Pony Boy 12-27-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 4008332)
Isn't Phil Robertson from the show Duck Dynasty?

Not sure what your point is?

The thread title is: A&E's Core Values as a Company are about Profits

but we can talk about what a crappy show Duck Dynasty is and what a prick Phil Robertson is if you fell the need or A&E's decision to bow to all mighty dollar.

nyuk nyuk 12-27-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 4008241)

Why exactly should one loudmouthed activist group have that kind of pull?

The only way to satisfy GLAAD is to outlaw religious speech on television entirely, at least the variety that doesn't twist the Bible to suit homosexuals.

nyuk nyuk 12-27-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Why do you assume caving in to a hostile, aggressive activist group is representative of their core values and actually not cowering in fear to the threats of the gay lobby?

W*GS 12-27-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 4008377)
Why exactly should one loudmouthed activist group have that kind of pull?

The only way to satisfy GLAAD is to outlaw religious speech on television entirely, at least the variety that doesn't twist the Bible to suit homosexuals.

The only folks allowed to twist the Bible to their own ends are pricks like you, eh?

W*GS 12-27-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 4008379)
Why do you assume caving in to a hostile, aggressive activist group is representative of their core values and actually not cowering in fear to the threats of the gay lobby?

What's "hostile" about pointing out that Phil's comments on homosexuality are complete bull****?

Oh yeah - you're nyuk. Never mind.

Bronco Bob 12-27-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 4008241)
A&E resuming Duck Dynasty show with Phil Robertson

"Duck Dynasty" supporters have won their standoff with A&E: The network has reversed its suspension of star Phil Robertson for making anti-gay comments, and he will not miss a single episode of the upcoming season.

Shooting will resume in the spring, and will be accompanied by a series of public service announcements "promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in 'Duck Dynasty,'" the network said.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=845064

I knew that when A&E cancelled "The Glades" leaving us with an unresolved cliff-hanger.

theAPAOps5 12-27-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 4008373)

but we can talk about what a crappy show Duck Dynasty is and what a prick Phil Robertson is if you fell the need or A&E's decision to bow to all mighty dollar.

Oh so Phil Robertson was booted off another show? That is what A&E caved in for? So this isn't about them caving and letting him on Duck Dynasty again? Since you are so adamant this isn't about Duck Dynasty.

barryr 12-28-2013 05:32 AM

So Robertson stated at any time that homosexuals should be jailed or worse? Notice how liberals never like to discuss how the ME thinks and treats homosexuals. It doesn't take any courage to believe people should have equal rights in this country when the vast majority believe that. But they have nothing to say about how women are treated there either, but it's safer to state its importance here while the again, vast majority feel the same. I'd like to see liberals, especially their media, seriously take on how other parts of the world think and mistreat people such as homosexuals and women around the world, not to mention minorities. Like I mentioned, it takes no courage to talk about those things in this country since we already have those things. This may be news to liberals, but America has done far more for all races and gender of people than other parts of the world, particularly the ME, but they are awfully silent about any of that.

peacepipe 12-28-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

oh,but it is.

kappys 12-31-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 4008373)

Given that A and E is a corporation beholden to investors then by law their chief value/goal is profit.

cutthemdown 12-31-2013 08:08 PM

What network besides PBS isn't about profits lol.

cutthemdown 12-31-2013 08:09 PM

What he said wasn't even that bad. The country has gone PC correct overboard anytime it has to do with gays or blacks.

cutthemdown 12-31-2013 08:10 PM

He just said as a kid growing up he didn't see blacks being mistreated. Then he said something about a vagina being more appealing then a mans anus lol. I mean even women agree with that right? BWAAAA!

cutthemdown 12-31-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 4008390)
What's "hostile" about pointing out that Phil's comments on homosexuality are complete bull****?

Oh yeah - you're nyuk. Never mind.

So then you disagree, a mans anus is just as appealling. :rofl:

W*GS 12-31-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4012520)
So then you disagree, a mans anus is just as appealling. :rofl:

You must like the stench coming from Phil's taint 'cuz you're latched on.

houghtam 12-31-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 4012519)
He just said as a kid growing up he didn't see blacks being mistreated. Then he said something about a vagina being more appealing then a mans anus lol. I mean even women agree with that right? BWAAAA!

You apparently missed the part where he conflated homosexuality with bestiality and pedophilia.

But then again, you're cut.

Surprise!

Rigs11 01-02-2014 10:49 AM

yay for 15 year olds that can cook! Ha!

houghtam 01-02-2014 11:17 AM

Inb4 conservatives coming in to defend what he said by saying it was a different time 50 years ago, even though the comment was made in 2009

Johnykbr 01-02-2014 12:00 PM

I was listening to a lawyer on some radio station that said he thinks A&E backed off because they were going to lose any lawsuit prepared by the cast. It makes sense because they knew what he would say when asked (rumor is some of the questions were preapproved) and his handler did leave him alone. Either way, think of all the cash A&E made off of this stunt.

Rigs11 01-02-2014 12:34 PM

show sucks anyways. who wants to bet that the majority of viewers also watch faux news?Hilarious!