The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I thought conservatives were against welfare...? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113440)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 12-20-2013 05:05 AM

I thought conservatives were against welfare...?

Funny how you never hear right-wingers object to these abuses of their hard-earned tax dollars...

Walmart’s parasitic business plan is becoming the new normal in America’s economy. For instance, “taxpayers are doling out nearly $900 million a year to supplement the wages of bank tellers, which amounts to a public subsidy for multibillion-dollar banks” (Washington Post, 12/3/13). As reported in Forbes Magazine (10/16/13), American fast-food companies have “outsourced a significant chunk of their labor costs to the taxpayer, with more than half of the industry’s 3.65 million low-wage workers on public assistance at a cost of $7 billion each year.”

Walmart, Waltons epitomize class war in America

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/...tml?mode=story

I guess being a "conservative" nowadays means always being ready to kneel and bob on demand for the rich and shameless - even when it means compromising your own principles.

cutthemdown 12-20-2013 07:59 AM

I was a bank teller when i was in my 20's. Thankless job where you can't make one mistake and still get a raise. We didn't get paid much that is for sure.

Pony Boy 12-20-2013 08:38 AM

I went to Walmart a 7:00am to see if they had 22LR ammo in stock. They had just received a shipment (limit 3 boxes per customer) and were selling them for $2.29 per box. Now any other online seller or local gun shop that gets these in stock are selling them for $15 to $20 a box.

I would like to thank Walmart for not ripping off all us conservative gun owners.

houghtam 12-20-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 4002730)
I went to Walmart a 7:00am to see if they had 22LR ammo in stock. They had just received a shipment (limit 3 boxes per customer) and were selling them for $2.29 per box. Now any other online seller or local gun shop that gets these in stock are selling them for $15 to $20 a box.

I would like to thank Walmart for not ripping off all us conservative gun owners.

:facepalm:

Oh the irony.

Pony Boy 12-20-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 4002815)

Oh the irony.

I really like setting the trap and seeing how many liberal turds take the bait .......Hilarious!

I found out the best bait to use is Fox News but Walmart is a close second but I haven’t tried Duck Dynasty yet that would get you guys whipped up in a real frenzy.

houghtam 12-20-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 4002815)

Oh the irony.

^ = "frenzy"

El Oh El

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 12-20-2013 02:54 PM

Like I said, I thought conservatives were against welfare...?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN 12-22-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 4002905)
^ = "frenzy"

El Oh El

Is it any surprise that not one conservative has commented on the OP?

Right-wingers: all about the double standard.

nyuk nyuk 12-26-2013 10:47 AM

Walmart, Waltons epitomize class war in America

The left's fixation with Wal Mart is pathetic. Aside from that, legislation that passes to subsidize business is a bipartisan affair.

nyuk nyuk 12-26-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN (Post 4005541)
Is it any surprise that not one conservative has commented on the OP?

Right-wingers: all about the double standard.

You mean the double standard where liberals wail against "corporate welfare" and then pass out stuff like this as if they'd scored something relevant?

Uh yeah whatever.