The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Who else is playing for Fantasy Championships this week? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113421)

Doggcow 12-18-2013 02:58 AM

Who else is playing for Fantasy Championships this week?

I already locked up 1st seed and most points in the only league that paid out reg season (Baller)

I have all 4 (FOUR) of my teams going to go ahead and win Champs this week too.

I'm exceptional.

bfoflcommish 12-18-2013 08:14 AM

i was in semis last week in 2 leagues.

League 1 im up by 2.5 with 4 minutes left in Cowboys game and I have romo he has noone left im going to championship right??? NOPE 2 romo ints later i lose by 1.5

League #2 Monday night, im up by 21 im done he ONLY has kicker left...oh wait it was tucker, with the 61 yarder at end i lost by 4...if he misses i win

Old Dude 12-18-2013 09:26 AM

Time to confess.

I ran 13 fantasy squads this year: 6 in NFL.com and 7 in ESPN. (These were all 10 and 12 team leagues.)

10 of my 13 teams made the championship bracket (final four). One of those (in a 12-team league) earned a first round bye and plays in the semi-final this week.

The other nine completed their semi-finals. Seven of them have advanced to the Championship game.

That's probably not exceptional, but it was interesting and helped knock off the rust after being completely out of FF for the last several years.

eddie mac 12-18-2013 04:28 PM

I'm in 4 of my Championships but the big one is the Orangemane one run by TSIGuy, this will be my 4th Final in a row and I've won 3 on the trot. I'm bound to lose this one though cos these runs dont last forever.

Broncobiv 12-19-2013 06:32 PM

It's me vs. JCMElway in the Orange Mane 3 league finals!

gunns 12-21-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie mac (Post 4002125)
I'm in 4 of my Championships but the big one is the Orangemane one run by TSIGuy, this will be my 4th Final in a row and I've won 3 on the trot. I'm bound to lose this one though cos these runs dont last forever.

Yep you knocked me out this past week so I'm going for 3rd place. I'm in the Championship game in a league I commish and 3rd place in another. The other 2 I didn't make the playoffs.

Doggcow 12-22-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dude (Post 4001774)
Time to confess.

I ran 13 fantasy squads this year: 6 in NFL.com and 7 in ESPN. (These were all 10 and 12 team leagues.)

10 of my 13 teams made the championship bracket (final four). One of those (in a 12-team league) earned a first round bye and plays in the semi-final this week.

The other nine completed their semi-finals. Seven of them have advanced to the Championship game.

That's probably not exceptional, but it was interesting and helped knock off the rust after being completely out of FF for the last several years.

That's too many. I think 3 is my maximum of "actual give a ****" leagues. The 4th was just badass free league I did with some friends, I've skull****ed them all season in it too lol, little to no lineup changes.

gunns 12-23-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 4003399)
Yep you knocked me out this past week so I'm going for 3rd place. I'm in the Championship game in a league I commish and 3rd place in another. The other 2 I didn't make the playoffs.

OMG! Forgot to start Dalton. Did not want to start Luck and forgot to go in and change it. Lost by .3 pts. Unbelievable.

gunns 12-23-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 4003413)
That's too many. I think 3 is my maximum of "actual give a ****" leagues. The 4th was just badass free league I did with some friends, I've skull****ed them all season in it too lol, little to no lineup changes.

I've gone as high as 8 leagues but this year 5. It was perfect.

sutoazul 12-23-2013 06:04 PM

I lost the championship game to Bushmills. It's close but he's got me by a few points unless San Fran lays an egg tonight.

eddie mac 12-24-2013 06:20 AM

4 times in a row, I am truly blessed with good fortune.

Old Dude 12-24-2013 06:35 AM

NFL.com is done. 2x1st, 1x2nd, 1x3rd, 1x5th and - ahem - 1x9th.

All of my espn leagues go another week. 5 out of 7 are in the championship game.

One nice thing about playing so many leagues at once is that I didn't get caught up in any mixed loyalties or distractions when it came to the Broncos' best interests. Hell, I can barely remember who is on which team, so each week it was just a matter of playing instincts and odds, and I didn't much care once the games started.

Things I noticed after being out of FF for so long:

1. The waiver wire is more important than ever. A ton of high-profile players went down this year.

2. WRs had a much bigger impact in outcomes than I remember from the old days when it was mostly a Running Back game.

3. Depends somewhat on the scoring system, but most of the playoff teams had solid D/STs.

Old Dude 12-31-2013 06:24 AM

Espn contests also turned out well, with 4 of 5 winning the league championships. So, overall, that's 6 of 13. Next year, I think I'll cut back to 4 or 5 teams overall. And maybe there will be an open slot on one of the Mane leagues.