The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Req Draft 1.0 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113369)

Requiem 12-13-2013 04:26 PM

Req Draft 1.0
 
1st: Justin Gilbert, CB -- Oklahoma State.

Has all the tools to be a #1 CB in the NFL. Would make a great replacement for Champ to put next to DRC. Great returner with 6 return TDs in his career with the Cowboys.

2nd: Christian Jones, LB -- FSU.

Versatile LB who can play inside or out. Needs to put on some more weight to be better at working traffic in the booth. The kind of flexible player we need in our LB corps.

3rd: Ahmad Dixon, SS -- Baylor.

Smart, instinctual SS with good measurables who can cover ground and hit like a truck. Goodbye Mike Adams and welcome to the bench Dookie Nacho.

4th: Demarcus Lawrence, DE -- Boise St.

Former CC standout who transferred to Boise and has put up 19 sacks and 33 TFL in two years with the Broncos. Would be a great addition aside Miler, Phillips, Q. Smith and McCray. (Hopefully those guys can play next year.)

5-7: DEPTH -- OL/DEF

The end.

BMORE 12-13-2013 05:34 PM

How do you not draft Joyner? LOL!

I really like Gilbert as a press man corner, but I'm not sure he's still around late in the first. I would be happy with he or Hal!

I would rather have Shazier than Jones.

Do you like Dixon better than Pryor?

Requiem 12-13-2013 05:43 PM

The kid from Louisville, the FS?

BMORE 12-13-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3998517)
The kid from Louisville, the FS?

Yeah they had a nice Safety duo with Pryor and Smith.

Requiem 12-13-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMORE (Post 3998520)
Yeah they had a nice Safety duo with Pryor and Smith.

I haven't seen to much Louisville this year. If he comes out that would be sick, could help us out in case Rahim Moore has a nightmare and needs his leg amputated.

BMORE 12-13-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3998522)
I haven't seen to much Louisville this year. If he comes out that would be sick, could help us out in case Rahim Moore has a nightmare and needs his leg amputated.

I think he could play SS in the NFL. He's not a rangey Centerfielder only. Because he has ball skills and coverage ability, to go with big time thump, I could see him easily transitioning to SS. I think we need to be looking for a SS who can also cover. I like his height/weight and ball skills/hitting.

elsid13 12-14-2013 08:00 AM

Thanks for posting, I think it little to heavy on defense because team do attempt to give some balance along the line.

driver 12-14-2013 03:11 PM

I really like gilbert to. Unfortunately he is being ranked some where around pick #25 and might be gone earlier than that.
We need DB's and LB's bad though.

Maybe LB Van Noy from Byu or the FS Clinton Dix from Bama they're both ranked for the early second rnd by the pundits.

BMORE 12-14-2013 03:42 PM

This is why I mocked us Van Noy LB, Hal CB, and Ryan LB.

Hal is a great alternative to Gilbert and we can get him in the second/third round.

Requiem 12-15-2013 12:04 PM

As long as Hal doesn't have to play Mike Evans.

BMORE 12-15-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3999208)
As long as Hal doesn't have to play Mike Evans.

He's physical and gritty and the type of defender we need. Not to mention we can get him in the second/maybe third round.

I really believe Mosely or Van Noy are a must. I'm not blown away by the coverage LBs from the draft. Woodyard may price his services out of our price range. And who knows how the Danny at Mike experiment goes.

slick7 12-15-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3998442)
1st: Justin Gilbert, CB -- Oklahoma State.

Has all the tools to be a #1 CB in the NFL. Would make a great replacement for Champ to put next to DRC. Great returner with 6 return TDs in his career with the Cowboys.

2nd: Christian Jones, LB -- FSU.

Versatile LB who can play inside or out. Needs to put on some more weight to be better at working traffic in the booth. The kind of flexible player we need in our LB corps.

3rd: Ahmad Dixon, SS -- Baylor.

Smart, instinctual SS with good measurables who can cover ground and hit like a truck. Goodbye Mike Adams and welcome to the bench Dookie Nacho.

4th: Demarcus Lawrence, DE -- Boise St.

Former CC standout who transferred to Boise and has put up 19 sacks and 33 TFL in two years with the Broncos. Would be a great addition aside Miler, Phillips, Q. Smith and McCray. (Hopefully those guys can play next year.)

5-7: DEPTH -- OL/DEF

The end.

Round 1 Johnny Manziel
Round 2 Clowney
Round 3 Skov
Rounds 4, 5 and 6 Who cares?
Round 7 CJ Mosley

I WIN!

Requiem 12-16-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMORE (Post 3999984)
He's physical and gritty and the type of defender we need. Not to mention we can get him in the second/maybe third round.

I really believe Mosely or Van Noy are a must. I'm not blown away by the coverage LBs from the draft. Woodyard may price his services out of our price range. And who knows how the Danny at Mike experiment goes.

I don't think he will go in the second (or even third), but Evans absolutely abused him this year. If the Broncos are going to go for a corner, they might as well invest their first pick and do what it takes to get one of their top guys on board. Sitting around waiting for dudes in the 2nd and 3rd round is going to be risky. Runs always happen then. Hence why we had to move up for Webster. Don't wanna be in that predicament again.

Gilbert or Joyner, IMHO -- best value for the team @ DB. Though Gilbert will go higher than #32.

jebures 12-16-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick7 (Post 4000029)
Round 1 Johnny Manziel
Round 2 Clowney
Round 3 Skov
Rounds 4, 5 and 6 Who cares?
Round 7 CJ Mosley

I WIN!

Mr. slick7, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

BMORE 12-16-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebures (Post 4000867)
Mr. slick7, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

Okay, a simple wrong would've done just fine.

slick7 12-16-2013 10:15 PM

I was just trolling an old friend. I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone.

BMORE 12-17-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick7 (Post 4000997)
I was just trolling an old friend. I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone.

Your good bro, we were just quoting Billy Madison!

Mat'hir Uth Gan 12-17-2013 10:33 AM

Thoughts:

1. No problem with Gilbert in the late 1st.

2. I like Jones in the 3rd round at OLB, don't like him at MIKE. We need a MIKE apparently.

3. Don't know much about Dixon, I'll have to check him out. Like the position though.

4. Probably the right area for Lawrence, might go a little higher. Looks more like a 34 OLB. Makes sense to back up Miller if we don't like Lerentee's potential.

5. Definitely need an OG and WR at some point. I think Beadles and Decker will both be cap casualties.

Requiem 12-17-2013 11:29 AM

I think Jones and Smith (FSU) can be fine at MIKE in the NFL. Smith probably better, but he needs to put on more weight.

Drafted Lawrence with the idea that we need someone else besides Phillips.

WR/OL/DL depth in 5-7. Really wish we would have kept Tavarres King. Obviously if we get a good defensive player in FA (or two) we can tweak the first four rounds. Until then, all defense.

pricejj 12-17-2013 11:07 PM

The draft is going to be real easy this year: BPA Defense

All the Broncos need on Offense (if Clady can come back strong) is a backup Interior OL.



1. BPA Defense (CB, SS, DE, MLB)
2. BPA Defense (CB, SS, DE, MLB)
3. BPA Defense (CB, SS, DE, MLB)
4. Interior OL (OG/C)
5. BPA Defense (CB, SS, DE, MLB)
6. don't care
7. don't care

BowlenBall 12-18-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 4001678)
The draft is going to be real easy this year: BPA Defense

All the Broncos need on Offense (if Clady can come back strong) is a backup Interior OL.



1. BPA Defense (CB, SS, DE, MLB)
2. BPA Defense (CB, SS, DE, MLB)
3. BPA Defense (CB, SS, DE, MLB)
4. Interior OL (OG/C)
5. BPA Defense (CB, SS, DE, MLB)
6. don't care
7. don't care

If Decker walks and/or Welker has any more concussions, you can add WR to that list.

BowlenBall 12-18-2013 05:27 AM

Probably easier to list what we definitely don't need to draft:

1) QB
2) RB
3) DT (feels strange to type that after so many years of wandering in the DT wilderness)
3) K
4) P
5) LS

All other positions could use an upgrade or more depth (including WR, OT, and TE), and are probably in play for a BPA pick.

BMORE 12-18-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowlenBall (Post 4001705)
Probably easier to list what we definitely don't need to draft:

1) QB
2) RB
3) DT (feels strange to type that after so many years of wandering in the DT wilderness)
3) K
4) P
5) LS

All other positions could use an upgrade or more depth (including WR, OT, and TE), and are probably in play for a BPA pick.

I mocked us another DT. Knighton and Vickerson were on two year deals. Unrein is a free agent and Fua is a joke. I think we need to draft another DT.

Requiem 12-18-2013 12:39 PM

Another DT is a need IMHO as well, not with a top three selection, but afterwards is fine. This class has some good ones.

BMORE 12-18-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 4001858)
Another DT is a need IMHO as well, not with a top three selection, but afterwards is fine. This class has some good ones.

Can't believe you guys aren't fans of Hopkins. I think he is an incredible scheme fit and a talented player..

Who do you like Req?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.