The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Delusional Chiefs Fans are Delusional (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113197)

crush17 12-02-2013 01:06 PM

Delusional Chiefs Fans are Delusional

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...jamaal-charles

After the San Diego game, I felt the offense only looked great because of its opponent. After this loss, I now can see the offense is simply becoming much more dangerous. Despite losing, Alex Smith made me a believer. His throw on third and 14 from his own end zone, under pressure, to A.J. Jenkins was all-world. Nobody on this Earth could have made a better play.

Mile High 81 12-02-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crush17 (Post 3986899)
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...jamaal-charles

After the San Diego game, I felt the offense only looked great because of its opponent. After this loss, I now can see the offense is simply becoming much more dangerous. Despite losing, Alex Smith made me a believer. His throw on third and 14 from his own end zone, under pressure, to A.J. Jenkins was all-world. Nobody on this Earth could have made a better play.

If Webster takes a better angle, this throw is an INT.

I hope Shanny rapes them next week.

Mountain Bronco 12-02-2013 01:13 PM

Here is another good one:

It always comes down to one or two plays. That can change everything. Last week, for example, if Sean Smith can reach his arm up just six more inches and tip Rivers' game winning TD pass, the big story line isn't that the Chiefs secondary sucks. It's that the Chiefs defense is clutch. If Alex Smith can just complete that 4th-and-4 pass in the final two minutes, then the story line changes that Alex Smith CAN keep up with the Peyton Mannings of the world.
I'm trying to keep the big picture in mind here. The losses are frustrating but I keep coming back to the idea that if you asked me three months ago how I'd feel at 9-3, I would say pretty damn good.
It's just one play that changes everything. And I guess that's where I'm going with this. After all the losing the last few seasons, I'm content if the Chiefs can just get themselves in a position where they have the opportunity to make that one play.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...campaign=blogs

Beantown Bronco 12-02-2013 01:17 PM

I always love the "change one play" posts. They never acknowledge that if you did that in every game played, most teams would have a shot at winning almost every game or losing almost every game (depending on if you changed it in your favor or against you).

The Joker 12-02-2013 01:18 PM

Yeah, he's given an incredibly ****ty example of a good play from Alex Smith. It was a desperation chuck to a covered receiver, Webster completely screwed that one up.

I actually thought Smith played a very good game yesterday though, made some very nice throws and not many mistakes.

WoodMan 12-02-2013 01:18 PM

After the chefs "poop the bed" against the Redskins, then and maybe just then, the chef fans will return from orbit. There will a lot of crying when they started 9-0 and don't make the playoffs. ROFL!

theAPAOps5 12-02-2013 01:30 PM

I keep hearing from these idiots that we better hope they don't get a third chance at us. Because they will be killing us and ****.

broncocalijohn 12-02-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3986926)
I keep hearing from these idiots that we better hope they don't get a third chance at us. Because they will be killing us and ****.

those idiots would have to win at least a playoff game to get us at Mile High. You know damn well, that is a fat chance that you play a snowball fight in hell.

I also like how he wants a guy to jump an extra 6 inches to knock down a pass. That is 1/2 a foot. You can say that to almost every DB needing just 6 inches to knock out a ball. While I never have hated on Alex Smith and he has made the Chiefs a much better team, the writer is a complete boob. I would expect some of that from Bealcher Report.

rolandftw 12-02-2013 01:54 PM

It's a QB driven league. Even though KC lost the last three games, their fans probably see them as more of a contender now then they did after the bad offensive performances against piss poor teams.

LRtagger 12-02-2013 02:22 PM

If one play had gone differently in their first 9 games, they would have been 3-6 going into this 3 game slump ahhaha

Kaylore 12-02-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRtagger (Post 3986968)
If one play had gone differently in their first 9 games, they would have been 3-6 going into this 3 game slump ahhaha

Seriously. They lost their lucky rabbit's foot after the bye and look pretty much like we thought they would. An 8-9 win team that had an easy schedule but can't roll with the big boys yet.

DomCasual 12-02-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco (Post 3986905)
Here is another good one:

It always comes down to one or two plays. That can change everything. Last week, for example, if Sean Smith can reach his arm up just six more inches and tip Rivers' game winning TD pass, the big story line isn't that the Chiefs secondary sucks. It's that the Chiefs defense is clutch. If Alex Smith can just complete that 4th-and-4 pass in the final two minutes, then the story line changes that Alex Smith CAN keep up with the Peyton Mannings of the world.
I'm trying to keep the big picture in mind here. The losses are frustrating but I keep coming back to the idea that if you asked me three months ago how I'd feel at 9-3, I would say pretty damn good.
It's just one play that changes everything. And I guess that's where I'm going with this. After all the losing the last few seasons, I'm content if the Chiefs can just get themselves in a position where they have the opportunity to make that one play.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/1...campaign=blogs

Man, just six inches? If I was just six inches taller, with my boyish good looks and ability to grow a beard in less than a week, I could have been a Sears underwear model.

RedskinBronco 12-02-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High 81 (Post 3986904)
If Webster takes a better angle, this throw is an INT.

I hope Shanny rapes them next week.

You know it's funny, I am not mad about the loss to the Giants last night well because the skins are due for a win and Chiefs can't blow out anyone.

Skins will beat the chiefs, I guarantee it.

Broncos_OTM 12-02-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedskinBronco (Post 3987117)
You know it's funny, I am not mad about the loss to the Giants last night well because the skins are due for a win and Chiefs can't blow out anyone.

Skins will beat the chiefs, I guarantee it.

eh I just don't see it. If the chiefs can togbten up defensively and continue to play decent offense they have a shot.

If KC does lose this game they go back to nobodies. They player arguably the best team in the NFL two of the last three weeks and played them fairly close.

RedskinBronco 12-02-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM (Post 3987124)
eh I just don't see it. If the chiefs can togbten up defensively and continue to play decent offense they have a shot.

If KC does lose this game they go back to nobodies. They player arguably the best team in the NFL two of the last three weeks and played them fairly close.

Trust me on this one :thumbsup:

If not, you can call me out lol

Broncos_OTM 12-02-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedskinBronco (Post 3987126)
Trust me on this one :thumbsup:

If not, you can call me out lol

I'm begging to be wrong!! Go skins!

Kaylore 12-02-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomCasual (Post 3987113)
Man, just six inches? If I was just six inches taller, with my boyish good looks and ability to grow a beard in less than a week, I could have been a Sears underwear model.

The difference between the best and worst performances in the vertical jump at the combine is about 4.5 inches. Usually the variance at a position group is about 2.5 inches. But you know - six inches was all he needed.

B-Large 12-02-2013 06:14 PM

A few thoughts:

Alex Smith surprised me with his accuracy and touch... His receivers did him, no grease

I'd take Charles on the Broncos any damn day

Brandon Flowers is a b****

B-Large 12-02-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3986926)

It makes them feels better about getting sweeped... It that little bit of hope causes less fatal beating at Arrowheads parking lot, then so be it.

Rausch 2.0 12-02-2013 08:13 PM

Some.

SOME Chiefs fans are delusional...

Rausch 2.0 12-02-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Large (Post 3987183)
It makes them feels better about getting sweeped... It that little bit of hope causes less fatal beating at Arrowheads parking lot, then so be it.

Chief on Chief violence has been a problem for years...

broncosteven 12-02-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Can't fault kFc fans for wishing for an extra 6 inches.

Guess Who 12-02-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Give me 6 more inches and I'll conquer the world!!

Rausch 2.0 12-02-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3986971)
Seriously. They lost their lucky rabbit's foot after the bye and look pretty much like we thought they would. An 8-9 win team that had an easy schedule but can't roll with the big boys yet.

We lost by 7 at home.

Let's not act like we're worlds apart.

Most years (even division winning KC teams) there's a Broncos home win by 20 or more pts. The Chiefs are very rarely competitive in Denver.

I think we are what we are: a very competitive team that's improved a lot.

Better than Denver?

No.

A playoff winner?

Probably not...

broncosteven 12-02-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 (Post 3987354)
We lost by 7 at home.

Let's not act like we're worlds apart.

Most years (even division winning KC teams) there's a Broncos home win by 20 or more pts. The Chiefs are very rarely competitive in Denver.

I think we are what we are: a very competitive team that's improved a lot.

Better than Denver?

No.

A playoff winner?

Probably not...

Garbage time stats...