The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Stopping Peyton ? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113162)

ROYC75 11-28-2013 09:58 AM

Stopping Peyton ?

Aside of Bill Belichick & RAC stopping Peyton often, why hasn't more teams done this more in Peytons twilight years ? We know Peyton is quick to read and release the ball, so again, since he is in the twilight of his years, we know the arm strength and accuracy is slipping, why not give him time to throw, time to throw more mistakes ?

Why not give him a true 3-4-4 to look at or a 3-4-2-2 with just 2 LB's in each package? Why not rotate our front 3 each chance we get, as often as it takes for them to give everything they have on each play. We stay in a dime package and make them beat us more on the ground. In the 3-4-2-2, we can switch the corners and safeties around each time he goes to audible. Give him a change of scenery just before the snap each time, make him think more as we are busting the WR's at the LOS, allowing the pass rush to get more coverage sacks, he is not going to take off running on us. Our 2 LB's have to stay home on the run and watch the short over the middle routes with our 2 up safeties.

I may of missed this before, but I do not recall it ever being used very much anymore ?

True, Peyton has seen it all, but he is not the young Peyton to make all the tight window throws. Make him force those! Make him go more run, force the team to beat someone on the ground, non-conventional Peyton Manning style.

What am I missing here?

Doggcow 11-28-2013 10:00 AM

If you go away from what you're good at and used to, doesn't that handicap you as well?

Powderaddict 11-28-2013 10:13 AM

Just because you give him more time doesnt mean he has to take more time.

ROYC75 11-28-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3982480)
If you go away from what you're good at and used to, doesn't that handicap you as well?

Maybe to some degree, but if it just doesn't work against 20 to 40 % of the NFL teams, you need some package to deal with those teams.

ROYC75 11-28-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powderaddict (Post 3982486)
Just because you give him more time doesnt mean he has to take more time.

If you are lining up almost double coverage on every available receiver and slowing them at the LOS, Peyton has to hold the ball longer to get an open route. With extra DB's, you make him find a tighter window to throw for a better chance of INT's or to make him abandon the pass for a run.

NFLBRONCO 11-28-2013 10:42 AM

Cold weather borrow Pats helmets

Inkana7 11-28-2013 10:45 AM

Pack it in fellas. It's only taken 25 years, but someone finally figured out how to stop Peyton Manning.

Punisher 11-28-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 3982492)
Cold weather borrow Pats helmets

This

whoeey 11-28-2013 11:31 AM

He made some great throws in tight windows Sunday night. Maybe the way to stop Manning is to do exactly what the Colts and Patriots did, terrify his receivers?

Punisher 11-28-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoeey (Post 3982502)
He made some great throws in tight windows Sunday night. Maybe the way to stop Manning is to do exactly what the Colts and Patriots did, terrify his receivers?

Just hack them the whole game the refs won't call it

Rausch 2.0 11-28-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher (Post 3982506)

Oh, they'll call it vs. KC.

If the Donks had been playing anyone else there'd have been 10 PI/D holding calls...

whoeey 11-28-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punisher (Post 3982506)

That's true as well.

The best qb in the league had a semi-average game (Moreno in destroy mode) and everyone panics. Anyone who counts on that happening again this season is bettin against the odds! I bet Archie has explained to Peyton the importance of running pregame forties by now.

Rausch 2.0 11-28-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoeey (Post 3982509)
That's true as well.

The best qb in the league had a semi-average game (Moreno in destroy mode) and everyone panics. Anyone who counts on that happening again this season is bettin against the odds! I bet Archie has explained to Peyton the importance of running pregame forties by now.

Manning seems like more of an Apple-tini guy to me...

whoeey 11-28-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 (Post 3982511)
Manning seems like more of an Apple-tini guy to me...

If the pats make it to the AFCC game in Denver, bellychick will have to plan on stopping the run. He got lucky with some key turnovers and calls or he would have been exposed at his place.

myMind 11-28-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 3982478)
Aside of Bill Belichick & RAC stopping Peyton often, why hasn't more teams done this more in Peytons twilight years ? We know Peyton is quick to read and release the ball, so again, since he is in the twilight of his years, we know the arm strength and accuracy is slipping, why not give him time to throw, time to throw more mistakes ?

Why not give him a true 3-4-4 to look at or a 3-4-2-2 with just 2 LB's in each package? Why not rotate our front 3 each chance we get, as often as it takes for them to give everything they have on each play. We stay in a dime package and make them beat us more on the ground. In the 3-4-2-2, we can switch the corners and safeties around each time he goes to audible. Give him a change of scenery just before the snap each time, make him think more as we are busting the WR's at the LOS, allowing the pass rush to get more coverage sacks, he is not going to take off running on us. Our 2 LB's have to stay home on the run and watch the short over the middle routes with our 2 up safeties.

I may of missed this before, but I do not recall it ever being used very much anymore ?

True, Peyton has seen it all, but he is not the young Peyton to make all the tight window throws. Make him force those! Make him go more run, force the team to beat someone on the ground, non-conventional Peyton Manning style.

What am I missing here?

The grammar police will give you a pass due to turkey day.

oubronco 11-28-2013 12:50 PM

Haven't you heard, we have "No Chance"

ColoradoDarin 11-28-2013 01:13 PM

You can't stop everything and Peyton will (most times) take what you give him. Either way, comes down to execution.

swaiy 11-28-2013 01:15 PM

I think thats a recipe to get run all over.

KCStud 11-28-2013 01:39 PM

Pressure right up the middle. Pats exploited the A gap and forced Manning to get uncomfortable and out of the pocket.

Durango 11-28-2013 02:05 PM

You give Manning more time and he will pick you to pieces.

Sunday night was a combination of cold weather, wind, dropped balls, no Julius Thomas and, maybe more damaging than anything else, losing Rogers-Cromartie.

None of those negatives will affect Denver this weekend with the possible exception of dropped balls which no-one can realistically predict, plus Bailey will be playing.

See y'all Sunday.

Archer81 11-28-2013 03:14 PM

Considering Denver still put up 400 yards and 31+ points in either loss, not sure there is a surefire way to beat Manning. Just get lucky and catch breaks at the right time.

:Broncos:

TheReverend 11-28-2013 05:37 PM

If you think a Dime package defense is going to have Peyton throwing...

mwill07 11-28-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archer81 (Post 3982536)
Considering Denver still put up 400 yards and 31+ points in either loss, not sure there is a surefire way to beat Manning. Just get lucky and catch breaks at the right time.

:Broncos:

seriously.

The Seahawks are the second highest scoring team in the league, scoring 27.8 points per game. LOL at holding the Broncos to 3 more than that = stopping Manning.

itswutz4dinna 11-28-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango (Post 3982528)
You give Manning more time and he will pick you to pieces.

Sunday night was a combination of cold weather, wind, dropped balls, no Julius Thomas and, maybe more damaging than anything else, losing Rogers-Cromartie.

None of those negatives will affect Denver this weekend with the possible exception of dropped balls which no-one can realistically predict, plus Bailey will be playing.

See y'all Sunday.

Ya I think the drops got severely overlooked when saying Manning had a horrible game. He made 2 bad throws, and without more than an average number of drops had probably his usual 70% and over 200 yards, which is alot when you have almost 300 on the ground. You can't expect 600 yards of total offense, especially with a lot of short fields.

Manning had a bad pick and an underthrow into the wind on the game-winner to DT. Honestly, though, DT could have still made that catch too. We tied a top team on the road in horrible conditions with 8 or 9 drops and everyone thinks our QB can't win a SB

broncosteven 11-28-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna (Post 3982559)
Ya I think the drops got severely overlooked when saying Manning had a horrible game. He made 2 bad throws, and without more than an average number of drops had probably his usual 70% and over 200 yards, which is alot when you have almost 300 on the ground. You can't expect 600 yards of total offense, especially with a lot of short fields.

Manning had a bad pick and an underthrow into the wind on the game-winner to DT. Honestly, though, DT could have still made that catch too. We tied a top team on the road in horrible conditions with 8 or 9 drops and everyone thinks our QB can't win a SB

I am still pissed at DT for letting that one drag route throw when he was wide open with room to run go right though his fingers. That could have decided the game if he took that one in.

DT and Welker had a bad game, Thomas was inactive and Decker forgot to show up but it was all Manning's fault.

Hoping we get to see more CJ Anderson this week, he and KM could have a big game this week. Hell if Ball can hold on to the ball he could have a big game as well.