The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I am very encouraged by last night's performance going forward into the playoffs. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113140)

KevinJames 11-26-2013 12:18 AM

I am very encouraged by last night's performance going forward into the playoffs.

I get that we lost, it sucks but last night the way we ran the football that was awesome, they were stacking the box and we still ran it down their throats at times. Knowshon is a stud hands down.

Von Miller hes baaaaaaaaaaaaack, just re-watch the game dude was amazing. I don't think we got to worry about him going forward.

We did what we needed to do in the cold weather, the only thing we did wrong was let them get back in the game but you have to be encouraged by the run game.

Passing game wasn't there like we wanted, but we all know this was an anomaly.

We will be fine :thumbs:. we will likely go 14-2 and get the #1 seed. Pessimistic ***** go somewhere else this thread is about the Broncos bouncing back because they are the best team in the NFL hands down.

TD4HOF 11-26-2013 12:24 AM

Agree completely. Good post.

TD4HOF 11-26-2013 12:25 AM

I'd also like to point out that, in a sense, getting that early lead was bad for us. Our game plan on offense went out the window and suddenly it was almost as if the team didn't quite know what to do. One of the flukiest games I can remember.

Taco John 11-26-2013 12:27 AM

I'd like to know what Peyton's stats are while wearing gloves. My feeling is that they can't be too great.

KevinJames 11-26-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3981416)
I'd like to know what Peyton's stats are while wearing gloves. My feeling is that they can't be too great.

he wears a glove a lot now....don't think its the glove more so the 20 mph winds.

he wore gloves last week he did just fine.

BigPlayShay 11-26-2013 01:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

As a Bronco, there are only 5 games I can think of where he has worn a glove on his throwing hand for the entire game. These are the stats for those games:

Ratboy 11-26-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

What about his stats when wearing tagless underwear? or when he drinks orange gatorade versues yellow gatorade?

Ratboy 11-26-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPlayShay (Post 3981422)
As a Bronco, there are only 5 games I can think of where he has worn a glove on his throwing hand for the entire game. These are the stats for those games:

So pretty much nothing to do with his gloves.

Taco John 11-26-2013 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigPlayShay (Post 3981422)

Thanks.

It looks like as far as passing, there isn't really anything that can be picked out that is off. However, his fumbles are way up. His career average for the season before coming to Denver is 4.38 per season. In two games with the gloves, he's at 3 fumbles.

However, it's hard to blame the gloves on that, though... Here's the most shocking stat of all - Peyton has fumbled a career high 10 times this season, losing a career high of 6. The most he's ever lost in a season is 3.

Fumbles aside, the trendline on the completion percentage is a little disturbing. It's a downwards slope. Whether it means anything in the grand scheme of things, who knows... but a trend is a trend.

That game was bothersome, because it was clearly Peyton's worst game as a Bronco, and that's not the team we want our guy to have his worst game against.

I'm inclined to believe that the problems are less about the gloves and more about what's happening between his ears that game. And as far as his record fumbles go... ??? Any way we slice that one, that's a bad stat.

Taco John 11-26-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratboy (Post 3981423)
What about his stats when wearing tagless underwear? or when he drinks orange gatorade versues yellow gatorade?

Peyton's underwear don't touch the football every single play. Not really sure why you'd feel validated denying the question without even looking at the data. I mean, I can be as big a homer as the next guy, but I at least want to see the data...

Doggcow 11-26-2013 02:23 AM

We lost by 3 to New England in Overtime, in Foxboro...

Would anyone think the sky was falling BEFORE the game happened, if they found that out? Doubt it.

UberBroncoMan 11-26-2013 02:25 AM

I just want to remind people that the Pats were without Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo. Running it at them is not going to be the same as running against some of these other teams. It was an awesome performance, but we need to be realistic too.

Doggcow 11-26-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan (Post 3981432)
I just want to remind people that the Pats were without Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo. Running it at them is not going to be the same as running against some of these other teams. It was an awesome performance, but we need to be realistic too.

200+ rushing yards against a division leading team, in their house, is good.

Makes me feel like this guy
http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uplo...11/pv9QHRf.gif

mennonite 11-26-2013 02:39 AM

"I am very encouraged by the performance of the Titanic last night. Up until it sank, it was completely unsinkable."

-Captain Dumbass

Doggcow 11-26-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mennonite (Post 3981435)
"I am very encouraged by the performance of the Titanic last night. Up until it sank, it was completely unsinkable."

-Captain Dumbass

A 3pt loss to New England, in Foxboro, is that really THE TITANIC SINKING?

TheElusiveKyleOrton 11-26-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3981436)
A 3pt loss to New England, in Foxboro, is that really THE TITANIC SINKING?

To Mennonite? Yeah.

Stupid is as stupid does.

mennonite 11-26-2013 02:58 AM

Blowing a 24 to zero lead against a team decimated by injury. Peyton "GOAT" Manning playing like Weeden. Coach looking like he was shellshocked after half time. Being part of a fan base delusional enough to consider geting assraped a moral victory.

Titanic 2: Electric Boogaloo.

BowlenBall 11-26-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mennonite (Post 3981438)
Blowing a 24 to zero lead against a team decimated by injury. Peyton "GOAT" Manning playing like Weeden. Coach looking like he was shellshocked after half time. Being part of a fan base delusional enough to consider geting assraped a moral victory.

http://img-f.pinside.com/201306/920561/107210.jpg

extralife 11-26-2013 03:57 AM

what a dumb thread

Shananahan 11-26-2013 04:50 AM

Excellent thread.

mwill07 11-26-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mennonite (Post 3981438)

1. there's no moral victories to be had, we aren't Kansas ****ing City. There are signs of encouragement from that game that one can be happy about moving forward - specifically the re-emergence of the running game and Von making his presence felt. Being pleased with that is not at all happy about a moral victory.

2. calling an OT loss on the road an assraping is an insult to anyone who has ever actually been assraped. Calm down.

mwill07 11-26-2013 05:41 AM

We blew a big lead because of ill-timed turnovers. Well, we got the big lead in the first place because of ill-timed Patriot turnovers. Karmas a b****, it all evened out in this game. NE was missing some key guys, we were missing some key guys. Brady turned the ball over, Manning turned the ball over. Their RB fumbled, our RB fumbled.

If the second half happened before the first half, NE would be the team that "choked".

no, this game was as evenly matched as you could hope to find, decided by the flukiest of special teams mistakes. Advantage: home team.

CEH 11-26-2013 06:29 AM

We blew a great chance to basically wrap up the #1 seed Sunday night. Who knows if we go from a #1/2 seed to the #5 seed and on the road in KC, NE, Cincy.

Now Denver better be checking the Farmer's almanac as much as game tape

oubronco 11-26-2013 07:03 AM

That 3rd qtr Defense is not what I want to see in the Playoffs

Jason in LA 11-26-2013 07:13 AM

I don't know what the hell you guys were watching. That game blew big time. Three point loss at NE isn't bad, not at all. Three point loss when you had a 24-0 lead and your GOAT QB sucked again in the cold is horrible. You guys think this is encouraging? I feel really bad about the Broncos chances after this game, seeing that they'll probably have to win three cold weather games to win a championship this year. That's an unsettling feeling. I'll be rooting hard for this team come playoffs, like I always do, but lets not act shocked if Manning struggles in the cold again. Lets not act as if that won't be a factor.