The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   OrangeMane.com Podcast (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 38 - @ San Diego (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112944)

Taco John 11-13-2013 02:02 AM

OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 38 - @ San Diego

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/119910475"></iframe>

randerson1184 11-13-2013 05:53 AM

Woohoo! The podcasts have been great this season. Thanks!

CEH 11-13-2013 06:09 AM

Good show

I'd say if DT went down this offense with it's Oline issues would be a dink and dunk offense. Knowshown is a valuable cog but DT make this offense explosive. Id rather go with other RBs than without DT but that's just my opinion

In addition, the fallacy is that a Max protect line is the answer to help the protect Manning when it was confirmed by JDR and Gruden that the Max Protect gets the QB hit as much as a normal line call in fact Manning was injured in a max protect call that's why I think the Oline needs to chip more not Max protect

v2micca 11-13-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEH (Post 3967271)
Good show

I'd say if DT went down this offense with it's Oline issues would be a dink and dunk offense. Knowshown is a valuable cog but DT make this offense explosive. Id rather go with other RBs than without DT but that's just my opinion

In addition, the fallacy is that a Max protect line is the answer to help the protect Manning when it was confirmed by JDR and Gruden that the Max Protect gets the QB hit as much as a normal line call in fact Manning was injured in a max protect call that's why I think the Oline needs to chip more not Max protect

Yeah, I was listening to them on the drive in this morning and found that little tidbit interesting. But, it does make sense. Peyton likes to get rid of the ball quickly, and in a max protect with three receiving options against a six man zone, it is going to take longer for someone to get open.

I think the best way to keep Peyton upright are route combinations that include a heavy dose of quick slants, inside rubs, screens, and play action. Let the Tight Ends and running back chip on their way into their routes, but don't keep them in the pocket. I've seen just as many QBs hurt when they were rolled on by their own guy.

Miss I. 11-13-2013 06:53 AM

Excellent podcast. Thank you for answering the question. I was particularly interested in SoCal's additional information. I realize it was not the most technically interesting of questions, but I appreciate the clarification of the rule. I didn't want to get too caught up in the "Brady" rule aspect because that seems like a more subjective assumption. I seem to recall when Peyton was not our team that rule used to be nicknamed the Manning/Brady rule and I agree that in most cases as Rev asserted Manning gets the calls. That one last hit seemed very blatant (regardless of intent which the rule doesn't seem to address) and I'd seen lesser obvious hits called and there was an earlier hit that seemed a bit questionable as well. Well as long as we don't go all crazy and start threads about sitting Peyton for the KC game we will be just fine. ;D
Thanks again gentlemen. Excellent as always.

TheReverend 11-13-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEH (Post 3967271)
Good show

In theory I agree with you, but here's where you're wrong:

- On only 5 of 38 passing plays, we have more than our 5 OL pass blocking

- The Chargers brought 5 a LOT more than 38 times.

- A free runner GUARANTEES Peyton AT LEAST gets hit.

We can't have that. A healthy Peyton in January is much more important than 2 or 3 more first downs.

CEH 11-13-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3967284)
In theory I agree with you, but here's where you're wrong:

- On only 5 of 38 passing plays, we have more than our 5 OL pass blocking

- The Chargers brought 5 a LOT more than 38 times.

- A free runner GUARANTEES Peyton AT LEAST gets hit.

We can't have that. A healthy Peyton in January is much more important than 2 or 3 more first downs.

I don't think Max Protect guarantees Manning stays upright. The best way to make sure Manning is healthy is let him sit and get healthy

we are going to make the playoffs

Be interesting see what direction they go this Sunday then we can discuss

BowlenBall 11-13-2013 08:39 AM

Consarned #^&#$@!&$ new-fangled technology -- how do I download the episode? I don't see a link anywhere....

DENVERDUI55 11-13-2013 08:51 AM

Am I missing something on how to download these podcasts now? I got a galaxy 4 and I can't seem to get it to play.

ColoradoDarin 11-13-2013 09:02 AM

McCoy a better HC than OC? - Med told me to call it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3782095)
McCoy was good at adapting and implementing different schemes to suit personnel, he was not so good at play calling. Which is why he'll be a better HC than OC.

Kaylore 11-13-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3967328)
McCoy a better HC than OC? - Med told me to call it:

Yeah Med Called it here too.

TheReverend 11-13-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEH (Post 3967303)
I don't think Max Protect guarantees Manning stays upright. The best way to make sure Manning is healthy is let him sit and get healthy

we are going to make the playoffs

Be interesting see what direction they go this Sunday then we can discuss

First of all, you're the one talking about max protect. I'm talking about recognizing the blitz and assigning a back or a TE so there's no free runner at a wounded Manning.

Secondly, nothing "guarantees" Manning stays upright.

It does guarantee, however, that someone doesn't have a clear, unimpeded shot with a full head of steam on the ONLY guy on the team that's irreplaceable.

TonyR 11-13-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

...heavy doses of “max protect” could actually lead to more hits on Manning.

“Ironically, that’s the natural way to start (thinking) is to pack more in,” said Del Rio, Denver’s interim head coach. “But quarterbacks are actually hit more often when you pack them in. And they’re hit far more often in maximum protection. In fact, one of the times he was hit Sunday was on a max protection and the tight end got beat.”

When a team packs players in to provide the QB more security, linebackers occupy the rushing lanes and are closer to the quarterback.

Keeping extra protectors in the backfield also opens the possibility of more defenders crashing the quarterback’s pocket of protection, disrupting his throws.

So, the high-scoring Broncos will stick with their spread offense, which in turn spreads the defense.
Read more at http://gazette.com/broncos-shun-ploy...HAMvwVoZJAF.99

SoCalBronco 11-13-2013 10:36 AM

No love for Guile's theme: The Fresh Prince version?

In light of that does Manning's pass protection really matter anymore?

SoCalBronco 11-13-2013 10:36 AM

No love for Guile's theme: The Fresh Prince version?

In light of that does Manning's pass protection really matter anymore?

CEH 11-13-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3967339)

It does guarantee, however, that someone doesn't have a clear, unimpeded shot with a full head of steam on the ONLY guy on the team that's irreplaceable.

How many times this season has a player had a free shot at Manning? I can't remember one.

TheReverend 11-13-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEH (Post 3967415)
How many times this season has a player had a free shot at Manning? I can't remember one.

For real? I'd say at least double digits.

Taco John 11-13-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowlenBall (Post 3967315)
Consarned #^&#$@!&$ new-fangled technology -- how do I download the episode? I don't see a link anywhere....

I see the problem, but I won't be able to fix it until tonight... Sorry...

CEH 11-13-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3967436)
For real? I'd say at least double digits.

A free runner with a full head of steam is your definition and I would have to see these double digit free rushers with a free shot

TheReverend 11-13-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEH (Post 3967526)
A free runner with a full head of steam is your definition and I would have to see these double digit free rushers with a free shot

Dude that's barely over one per game...

Put it this way, how many times do you feel the chargers brought more than 5 defenders?

broncogary 11-13-2013 06:21 PM

Go to soundcloud.

Use search and enter "orangemane"

Podcast should pop up.

DENVERDUI55 11-13-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncogary (Post 3967794)
Go to soundcloud.

Use search and enter "orangemane"

Podcast should pop up.

It won't let you download it though.

El Guapo 11-13-2013 07:53 PM

Last week i could download it, this week you can only stream. Taco said hes working on a fix. Ill be patient.

pricejj 11-13-2013 10:52 PM

Hey Kaylore, Del Rio alluded to 4-minute offense (during one of his "HC" pressers) as being the point of emphasis for the Offense coming out of the bye, after a reporter mentioned the aggressive play-calling to closeout the Chargers game.

pricejj 11-13-2013 11:11 PM

Great podcast btw, guys...

Perfect way to wrap up the win, and turn focus towards next Sunday.