The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kansas City Chiefs Request Another Flex Game (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112867)

Doggcow 11-06-2013 10:58 AM

Kansas City Chiefs Request Another Flex Game

In lieu of the Aaron Rodger's Injury the Kansas City Chiefs front office has requested to play the Green Bay Packers (at home over course) over their bye week.

"Well, when the season started we were really worried that we wouldn't get to play many backup Quarterbacks, but now we see our goal is within grasp and sometimes you just have to go for it, you know?" Head coach Andy Reid told the media over a chilidog with extra chili and no bun, "you know, to save on carbs."

The Chiefs defense has feasted on backup and backup backup quarterbacks all season, so this move comes as no surprise.

ESPN Analyst Herm "You play to win the game" Edwards couldn't resist an opportunity to talk about his old team stating, "You play to win the game."

That's Good Chiefs reports they expect the Chiefs to surpass their One Touchdown Minimum but Big Dick Playa Award is still up in the air until the actual game is played.

Vegas has released the line at -1.5, and the o/u at 21 points.

Tombstone RJ 11-06-2013 11:01 AM

lulz for the effort...

Jetmeck 11-06-2013 11:10 AM

Nice try...........

ZONA 11-06-2013 11:10 AM

Madness. Guess I will add to the insanity.

The Packers vs Eagles game has been moved to 5:30 AM EST so the Packers have plenty of time to play that game, then board a plane and fly all the way to Kansas City, so they can then play another game that same day (against the Chiefs) at 7PM MST.

Doggcow 11-06-2013 04:18 PM

I try :)

Pick Six 11-06-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3962043)
I try :)

I thought it was a very good try. It's no worse than some of the Onion articles I see. It has an element of truth, which is important in parody...

broncosteven 11-06-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3961797)
In lieu of the Aaron Rodger's Injury the Kansas City Chiefs front office has requested to play the Green Bay Packers (at home over course) over their bye week.

"Well, when the season started we were really worried that we wouldn't get to play many backup Quarterbacks, but now we see our goal is within grasp and sometimes you just have to go for it, you know?" Head coach Andy Reid told the media over a chilidog with extra chili and no bun, "you know, to save on carbs."

The Chiefs defense has feasted on backup and backup backup quarterbacks all season, so this move comes as no surprise.

ESPN Analyst Herm "You play to win the game" Edwards couldn't resist an opportunity to talk about his old team stating, "You play to win the game."

That's Good Chiefs reports they expect the Chiefs to surpass their One Touchdown Minimum but Big Dick Playa Award is still up in the air until the actual game is played.

Vegas has released the line at -1.5, and the o/u at 21 points.

The real sad part about kFc this week is that their D will go yet another week without a sack.

2000 Ravens and '85 Bears want to take an "Incognito" in the 2013 kFc D's mouth.

broncocalijohn 11-06-2013 07:20 PM

I liked it. Jetmeck wasn't a big fan because you didn't rip the **** out of the Chiefs and their fans enough.

Doggcow 11-06-2013 07:24 PM

Lol I just whipped it together real quick before work. :)

ZONA 11-06-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3962126)
Lol I just whipped it together real quick before work. :)

We applaud the effort. This place can always use some goofy threads.

Agamemnon 11-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3961812)
Nice try...........

Not enough ellipses am I right?

Doggcow 11-06-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3962152)
We applaud the effort. This place can always use some goofy threads.

People get so serious! I used to do some sports writing in college, I think I still got it. Sure the quote wasn't the best, but I did it for the effect.

Maybe I'll make this a thing :D

canadianbroncosfan 11-06-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3962120)
I liked it. Jetmeck wasn't a big fan because you didn't rip the **** out of the Chiefs and their fans enough.

Just not enough .................................................. .................. for his liking

EDIT

Didn't scroll down after this post to see Aga already made this joke.

Pick Six 11-07-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggcow (Post 3962170)
People get so serious! I used to do some sports writing in college, I think I still got it. Sure the quote wasn't the best, but I did it for the effect.

Maybe I'll make this a thing :D

I have one warning, though. I would only do it when it's so ridiculous that it couldn't POSSIBLY be construed as fake news. We wouldn't want you to be banned, over it...

TheReverend 11-07-2013 08:38 AM

It was a lot better than the **** you're taking for it.

Repped man.

BroncoBeavis 11-07-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3962323)
It was a lot better than the **** you're taking for it.

Repped man.

He lost me when he said Andy was worried about carbs. Not sure I would've known it was fake otherwise.

TheReverend 11-07-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3962326)
He lost me when he said Andy was worried about carbs. Not sure I would've known it was fake otherwise.

:spit:

Irish Stout 11-07-2013 08:49 AM

I thought you ripped this from the Onion. Good work!

broncocalijohn 11-07-2013 09:37 AM

Best part could be the end sentence. O/U (over/under) is set at 21.

I will take the under.

Jetmeck 11-07-2013 09:49 AM

I did like it. kINDA funny but prob not so funny if you are a Chief fan, then a little close to reality for them.

Jetmeck 11-07-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3962120)

Actually some sarcasm is a good way to point out their streak of luck that they won't acknowledge.

broncocalijohn 11-07-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3962374)
Actually some sarcasm is a good way to point out their streak of luck that they won't acknowledge.

Yes, but your response was "Nice Try" doesn't exactly show that you thought much of Doggcow's effort. You should be repping him big time.

broncocalijohn 11-07-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3961812)
Nice try...........

Sorry. This was the exact quote. I forgot all those periods which totally makes your point stronger.

Jetmeck 11-07-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3962380)
Yes, but your response was "Nice Try" doesn't exactly show that you thought much of Doggcow's effort. You should be repping him big time.

No, "Nice try" was meant saying nice try to Chiefs............

rolandftw 11-07-2013 10:36 AM

Good one. Especially liked the part about Andy Reid eating a chili dog without a bun.