The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Great explanation of the Chiefs (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112858)

Peoples Champ 11-05-2013 03:11 PM

Great explanation of the Chiefs

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...-nfl.html?vp=1

Said perfectly.

Greatspirits 11-05-2013 03:19 PM

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.47595...=126&h=126&p=0

Rohirrim 11-05-2013 03:28 PM

Have to agree with his ranking. Chiefs are a hot air balloon just waiting to get punctured. I also agree about Josh Freeman. I remember watching him a number of games at KState. I think he's much better than he's been able to show in the NFL. It just proves how players, especially QBs, can get screwed over by ****ty coaches. Freeman was playing great before Schiano took over the Bucs.

ludo21 11-05-2013 03:29 PM

Tuel Time!!!

ludo21 11-05-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3961428)
Have to agree with his ranking. Chiefs are a hot air balloon just waiting to get punctured. I also agree about Josh Freeman. I remember watching him a number of games at KState. I think he's much better than he's been able to show in the NFL. It just proves how players, especially QBs, can get screwed over by ****ty coaches. Freeman was playing great before Schiano took over the Bucs.

The Freeman I watched at K State looks much like he has in his career. ......

Rohirrim 11-05-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3961435)
The Freeman I watched at K State looks much like he has in his career. ......

He was doing great under Rahim Morris. Suddenly, he sucks under Schiano? I don't believe it. The Vikes have a lot more problems than Freeman could solve.

Brewer 11-05-2013 03:33 PM

"...they were outgained 470-210 by Jeff Tuel and the Buffalo Bills."

That says about everything there is to say about the Chefs.

ludo21 11-05-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3961436)
He was doing great under Rahim Morris. Suddenly, he sucks under Schiano? I don't believe it. The Vikes have a lot more problems than Freeman could solve.

I just have my doubts he is ever more than a journey man type guy... but I agree he had 3 good years, albeit lots of picks.

Gutless Drunk 11-05-2013 03:58 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

TonyR 11-05-2013 03:58 PM

I understand his point on Indy and their good wins. But how do you at the same time ignore the losses to Miami (at home) and San Diego?

enjolras 11-05-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3961457)
I understand his point on Indy and their good wins. But how do you at the same time ignore the losses to Miami (at home) and San Diego?

I agree with his methodology. I much more favor teams that show they can win big games, as opposed to teams that show more consistency like the Broncos. Based on nothing other than a feeling, but I'd bet that ability translates to more playoff success and ultimately championships.

So give me three really big time wins and three bad losses over 5 wins against inferior teams and 1 loss to a good team.

Btw, this is what gives me tremendous pause about these Broncos. In the last two seasons, by my count, the Broncos have played 6 games against really good teams that were at or near full strength.

Falcons
Texans
Patriots
Bengals
Baltimore (playoffs)

Baltimore
Indy

We've only won two of those games (Bengals last year and Baltimore this year).

We have a bunch of big games in a row coming up, this team has the chance to shed that label. But right now, this is a team that has generally shrunk when the big lights are on.

That needs to change.

TonyR 11-05-2013 04:19 PM

^ Good post, enjolras. I have similar concerns about this team.

SonOfLe-loLang 11-05-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3961462)
I agree with his methodology. I much more favor teams that show they can win big games, as opposed to teams that show more consistency like the Broncos. Based on nothing other than a feeling, but I'd bet that ability translates to more playoff success and ultimately championships.

So give me three really big time wins and three bad losses over 5 wins against inferior teams and 1 loss to a good team.

Btw, this is what gives me tremendous pause about these Broncos. In the last two seasons, by my count, the Broncos have played 6 games against really good teams that were at or near full strength.

Falcons
Texans
Patriots
Bengals
Baltimore (playoffs)

Baltimore
Indy

We have a bunch of big games in a row coming up, this team has the chance to shed that label. But right now, this is a team that has generally shrunk when the big lights are on.

That needs to change.

I'd still say Dallas was a big game.

Also, we're talking about a very small sample size. I'm dubious about taking anything away from the first 5 games of last season. The Broncos clearly didnt have their groove and were playing much better paced football toward the end of the season. Remember how in those first 5 games we didnt run no huddle until later because they were toying with some ball control BS?

As for the baltimore game in the playoffs, that was the fluke of flukes.

I get the concern here, but i think the "problem" can easily be chalked up to tiny sample size.

TonyR 11-05-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3961479)
I get the concern here, but i think the "problem" can easily be chalked up to tiny sample size.

Very possible. I just want to see this team prove it. They lost their only "big game" thus far this year. Next one will be the Chiefs in a couple of weeks.

enjolras 11-05-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3961493)
Very possible. I just want to see this team prove it. They lost their only "big game" thus far this year. Next one will be the Chiefs in a couple of weeks.

Baltimore, for my money, was a big game.

TonyR 11-05-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3961499)
Baltimore, for my money, was a big game.

I considered this. I suppose it was at the time, so it would be fair to call it a big game. I downgraded it since, as it turns out, the Ravens just aren't very good.

WolfpackGuy 11-05-2013 06:08 PM

Great explanation of the Broncos upcoming wins over the Cheaps.

http://imgon.net/di-VG11.gif

Shananahan 11-05-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3961462)

Falcons
Texans
Patriots
Bengals
Baltimore (playoffs)

Baltimore
Indy

That needs to change.

Denver played Baltimore twice last year, beating them easily the first time just weeks before the rematch. Was that team not at full strength?

Kaylore 11-05-2013 06:40 PM

Yeah Denver spanked Baltimore in Baltimore.

broncosteven 11-05-2013 07:06 PM

I found this funny

16. New York Jets (5-4, LW: 16)
That was a good, quality win over the Saints. Many teams in the NFL (including an undefeated one), don’t have a quality win as good as that one, or as good as the Jets’ Week 7 victory over New England.

broncosteven 11-05-2013 07:11 PM

It took 9 weeks but the media is finally catching on that kFc is overrated and only because their weaknesses are becoming glaring and can no longer be ignored.

When a 4th string UDFA can out gain (and outscore) the kFc O you know they are overrated. They continue to scrape by in games that they should dominate and blow teams out.

Cannot wait until we play them. I just hope we don't stumble at Chuggers with a new HC while on the road.

ZONA 11-05-2013 07:18 PM

6. Kansas City Chiefs (9-0, LW: 6)
Iím willing to move them up, perhaps to the top, if they beat Denver. Iím not moving them up after they were outgained 470-210 by Jeff Tuel and the Buffalo Bills.

ChiefsKingdom 11-05-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3961535)
I found this funny

16. New York Jets (5-4, LW: 16)
That was a good, quality win over the Saints. Many teams in the NFL (including an undefeated one), donít have a quality win as good as that one, or as good as the Jetsí Week 7 victory over New England.

Do the broncos have a quality win then?

baja 11-05-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsKingdom (Post 3961565)

Can't chose the schedule but you can beat lesser teams by 20 + consistently.....

....if you're good.

Shananahan 11-05-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsKingdom (Post 3961565)

If they don't, the current 15.6 PPG differential makes for a decent cushion. Averaging 43 PPG probably doesn't hurt. Oh and there's the leading the league in total offense, passing offense, touchdowns, etc thing. They've scored almost 100 points more on the season than the team in second place, so there's that.

I suppose it all depends on how you define 'quality'.