The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Who does SD have for receivers ? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112854)

Jetmeck 11-05-2013 11:05 AM

Who does SD have for receivers ?

Royal flashed earlier this year but faded.

Allen ?

Obviously Gates is still there but who else ?

Steve Prefontaine 11-05-2013 11:16 AM

Allen has been much better than expected.

Royal is Royal. Good one week...turd the next.

TonyR 11-05-2013 11:17 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/...diego-chargers

The Joker 11-05-2013 11:20 AM

Allen has looked very good any time I've seen them.

jmz313 11-05-2013 11:21 AM

Their best WR is on IR.

Kaylore 11-05-2013 11:40 AM

Yeah they lost their best one. Royal has come up for them in some big moments - not just TD's but on third downs. The correct answer is probably Antonio Gates.

Jetmeck 11-05-2013 11:43 AM

How has their two backs been doing ?

Mountain Bronco 11-05-2013 11:44 AM

Allen has played well in the last 5 games. Three games over 100 yards, 3tds in that span.

Although they don't have one WR that is "the guy" between Allen, Gates, Royal and Woodhead that is a solid group.

boltaneer 11-05-2013 11:52 AM

Even as a roookie, Keenan Allen is easily the best WR on the team and it's not even close. Not a burner but he gets off the line with separation so easily. And he's so smooth with his routes and manages to get good yards after the catch. And he's in the zone right now.

Everyone was so high on Vincent Brown but he just doesn't look good at all. Can't get separation and still making errors running routes. He has good hands though. His ankle injury from last year might have ruined him or he's just still not over it.

Royal is lighting it up in the slot but he's the 3rd or 4th option on most plays behind Gates/Allen/Woodhead so he doesn't get a ton of catches but seems money in the red zone as strange as that is.

Gates dropped a bunch of weight and finally looks like he's over his foot injuries and got some of his speed back. He's been running a lot of shorter routes in the new offense though so he's not giving safeties fits down the seam often like he used to.

Green is a dangerous receiving TE but doesn't see the field much with Gates there. I don't know why they don't start using both of them more but they like to go with a lot of 3 WR sets.

Finger Roll 11-05-2013 12:03 PM

Allen was a great draft pick and is easily the best receiver on the Chargers. The kid knows how to get wide open.

crush17 11-05-2013 12:06 PM

Woodhead has been an outstanding pick up for the Chargers.

Bigdawg26 11-05-2013 12:08 PM

Allen is pretty good. I have him on my fantasy team and he's been killin it lately.

boltaneer 11-05-2013 12:09 PM

The Charger offense would be so much more dangerous with Floyd and/or Alexander healthy as those guys can stretch the field at any time. As it is now, the offense is so compact because they don't have any receivers that can stretch the field like that. They still throw down the field but it's not the deep deep bombs that people are used to seeing Rivers throw.

Pick Six 11-05-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3961185)
How has their two backs been doing ?

According to the link that tonyr posted, Ryan Mathews has been averaging 4.1 YPC. The average is skewed a bit, due to one run of 20+ yards. Danny Woodhead is averaging 3.6 YPC...

Houshyamama 11-05-2013 12:11 PM

Allen is good for a rookie

SonOfLe-loLang 11-05-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltaneer (Post 3961191)
Even as a roookie, Keenan Allen is easily the best WR on the team and it's not even close. Not a burner but he gets off the line with separation so easily. And he's so smooth with his routes and manages to get good yards after the catch. And he's in the zone right now.

Everyone was so high on Vincent Brown but he just doesn't look good at all. Can't get separation and still making errors running routes. He has good hands though. His ankle injury from last year might have ruined him or he's just still not over it.

Royal is lighting it up in the slot but he's the 3rd or 4th option on most plays behind Gates/Allen/Woodhead so he doesn't get a ton of catches but seems money in the red zone as strange as that is.

Gates dropped a bunch of weight and finally looks like he's over his foot injuries and got some of his speed back. He's been running a lot of shorter routes in the new offense though so he's not giving safeties fits down the seam often like he used to.

Green is a dangerous receiving TE but doesn't see the field much with Gates there. I don't know why they don't start using both of them more but they like to go with a lot of 3 WR sets.

Woodhead is the guy that I know will cause me to throw something this Sunday.

bronco militia 11-05-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

I think we will see the chargers exploit this weekness in the broncos defense.

baja 11-05-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Because your coach would prefer to run on 3rd and seven.

TonyR 11-05-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3961212)
Woodhead is the guy that I know will cause me to throw something this Sunday.

lol, yup. He'll have us cursing more than once this week I'm sure. Little ****er.

baja 11-05-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3961242)
lol, yup. He'll have us cursing more than once this week I'm sure. Little ****er.

Amazing NE let him and Welker walk

Taco John 11-05-2013 12:59 PM

I'd say Keenan Allen is their best receiver. I've been watching his highlights as I've got him on my fantasy team, and the guy looks solid as they come.

boltaneer 11-05-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3961240)
Because your coach would prefer to run on 3rd and seven.

In Denver yes, here no.

Here, he just likes to throw on goal to go. Well, that's on Whisenhunt I guess but I'll they can share the blame on that as far as I'm concerned.

baja 11-05-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltaneer (Post 3961247)
In Denver yes, here no.

Here, he just likes to throw on goal to go. Well, that's on Whisenhunt I guess but I'll they can share the blame on that as far as I'm concerned.

Ya I saw that , a game you should have won.

TonyR 11-05-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3961243)
Amazing NE let him and Welker walk

It's the and that's most amazing. Particularly when they also let Lloyd go and Gronk was injured.

baja 11-05-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3961251)
It's the and that's most amazing. Particularly when they also let Lloyd go and Gronk was injured.

Exactly

Especially when you consider the dink and dunk nature of Brady.