The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Announcements, Features and Feedback (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Absolutely no girlie pics... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112599)

Taco John 10-18-2013 01:42 PM

Absolutely no girlie pics...

OMG what a headache...

Google has discontinued the ads on this site due to the proliferation of girlie pics strewn throughout it...

I have to somehow clean them all up before they will reinstate our account. That includes every birthday thread, every reference to boob mojo... you name it...

No more. Please report any girlie avatar or post - you name it. We have to be strict on this - this is what pays our monthly server fees and they are considerable...

*sigh*

Taco John 10-18-2013 01:43 PM

If you have girlie pics in your post history, anything that you can do to help clean them up is much appreciated...

In the meantime, I will be deleting every birthday thread ever created on this site so that we can get Melissa Midwest out of our profile. Sad day for sure...

crush17 10-18-2013 01:46 PM

LAME

Taco John 10-18-2013 01:50 PM

dude you're telling me... I'm beside myself over what a headache this is. We have a decade old archive they're asking me to clean up and they won't so much as provide a list of URLs that their algorithms find offensive...

crush17 10-18-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3942724)
dude you're telling me... I'm beside myself over what a headache this is. We have a decade old archive they're asking me to clean up and they won't so much as provide a list of URLs that their algorithms find offensive...

Kind of unrealistic if you ask me.

Is there another form add revenue you can look into?

Taco John 10-18-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crush17 (Post 3942728)
Kind of unrealistic if you ask me.

Is there another form add revenue you can look into?

Looking at options this weekend...

Rabb 10-18-2013 02:01 PM

Does that include any Chief fan posts, since they are all technically b****es?

Sorry, what a mess TJ.

Bronco Yoda 10-18-2013 02:01 PM

On the bright side now I know the name of our Birthday girl. You guys be holding out on me. My screen melted on google pic.

btw, checking my acct now. WE SHOULD ALL DO THIS! HELP TJ OUT. Way too much work for one person to do alone.

elsid13 10-18-2013 02:05 PM

That sucks. Would it be easier to delete the older threads from the DB and work from there?

crush17 10-18-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsid13 (Post 3942736)
That sucks. Would it be easier to delete the older threads from the DB and work from there?

Yeah, as painful as it would be to do it, I would say just dumping the entire thread history of the OMane up to today would be the easiest, quickest way to do this project.

Everyone's gotta start fresh sometimes...?

Taco John 10-18-2013 02:15 PM

I would be loath to delete our archives except as an absolute last resort...

gyldenlove 10-18-2013 02:27 PM

How about dude pics? I may have posted one or two during my time here

Blueflame 10-18-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda (Post 3942734)
On the bright side now I know the name of our Birthday girl. You guys be holding out on me. My screen melted on google pic.

btw, checking my acct now. WE SHOULD ALL DO THIS! HELP TJ OUT. Way too much work for one person to do alone.

To delete pics you've "attached" to posts, go to User CP and on the left side, the very last option (under Miscellaneous) is "Attachments". Pics are easily deleted from there.

Rohirrim 10-18-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflame (Post 3942757)
To delete pics you've "attached" to posts, go to User CP and on the left side, the very last option (under Miscellaneous) is "Attachments". Pics are easily deleted from there.

Okay. Did mine.

theAPAOps5 10-18-2013 02:54 PM

People need to check their profiles too. Atlas used to go and post girls on everyones pages.

theAPAOps5 10-18-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflame (Post 3942757)

So yeah, what if you never used that option? Instead you used code to post image URL's?

Does that mean all Tebow pics need to go to? He throws like a non atheletic girl who has to resort to other means (like racy pictures) to succeed? I kid.

uplink 10-18-2013 03:03 PM

on the bright side, now I won't have to worry about having the site on my screen at work in case someone comes into my office and sees a half naked girl there.

Fedaykin 10-18-2013 03:13 PM

Find all the girlie images (or all images) in the vbbs user repo on the FS or DB, and whack them. My guess would be vbbs doesn't store binary data in the DB, so you should be easily able to find the files on the filesystem. Hell, if it's half decent software it'll be a configurable option and you can just change repo directory.

15 minute process. Not pretty, but the alternative (culling all 10+ years of images through the app itself) is simply unrealistic.

If you don't want to delete all images in the vbbs user repo, get your horn dog on and browse through all the images and delete them one by one at the system level =P

Blueflame 10-18-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3942766)
So yeah, what if you never used that option? Instead you used code to post image URL's?

Does that mean all Tebow pics need to go to? He throws like a non atheletic girl who has to resort to other means (like racy pictures) to succeed? I kid.

Linked pics will require reviewing post history and/or editing/deleting images whenever we run across them.

Fedaykin 10-18-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflame (Post 3942776)
Linked pics will require reviewing post history and/or editing/deleting images whenever we run across them.

update post set post_contents = regexp_replace( post_contents, '/^(https:\/\/)?([\da-z\.-]+)\.([a-z\.]{2,6})([\/\w \.-]*)*\/?jpg$/ ', '{whacked girlie pic}' );

Or something similar depending on how the embeds are encoded in the db

;)

Oh yeah.. requires Oracle, heh. YMMV with whatever db is being used =P

B-Large 10-18-2013 03:32 PM

Kaylore's favorite movie is Princess Bride....

I don't think he's going to be a problem with girlie pics if you know what I mean...

razorwire77 10-18-2013 03:34 PM

http://reasoningpolitics.files.wordp...3/02/burka.jpg

Burka mojo!

Miss I. 10-18-2013 03:38 PM

I will do what I can, but out of curiosity, we can only edit our stuff so far back right? Also, when you say girlie pic, this presumably does not apply to my wonderwoman "b..th please right?" Or okay if I post a picture of a girl in a halloween costume that while perhaps snug is not actually considered adult material since I pulled it off a costume website? Also the cheerleader pics are okay? I just want to make sure I remain within guidance in the future. for the past I will just delete anything I can regardless of what the picture is.

bowtown 10-18-2013 03:47 PM

Is google sure that the problem isn't the Russian and Asian mail order bride banners it feeds in all the time?

broncosteven 10-18-2013 04:02 PM

Is shirtless Decker on my Birthday card ok?

Good luck TJ. I hope Google reinstates your account, you know I would help out more if I could.