The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Someone should be fired over Obamacare rollout (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112590)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-17-2013 01:49 PM

Someone should be fired over Obamacare rollout
 
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iDg3mOgcBgE?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL Hilarious!:wave::yayaya::~ohyah!::thumbs:

Lets start with B.H.O. :D

Jetmeck 10-17-2013 02:06 PM

wHOMEVER DESIGNED THAT WEBSITE SHOULD BE FIRED............FOR REAL

Bad website however does not equate to bad policy just cause the far right

believes that ignorance.

I am in no way a conspiracy theorist like some of you clown with Bengazi and IRS and all the other made up stuff...........however

I wouldn't doubt somebody is screwing with that site on purpose.

They will cost us 24 billion so the right is capable of anything to

get their way................

BroncoBeavis 10-17-2013 03:10 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-over/2995989/

Quote:

WASHINGTON — The federal health care exchange was built using 10-year-old technology that may require constant fixes and updates for the next six months and the eventual overhaul of the entire system, technology experts told USA TODAY.
LOL

Oh and then

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...#ixzz2hzDGm3vm

Quote:

In general, Americans have until the end of March to enroll in a 2014 Obamacare plan, but to avoid a tax penalty, they’ll have to sign up by mid-February. This quirk, unearthed by industry observers, appears to have gone previously unnoticed by the administration.

“The IRS didn’t know that,” said Jackson Hewitt Vice President Brian Haile, who recently brought the issue to the administration’s attention.
Not only did they have to pass it to find out what was in it. They also had to completely bumble**** the opening so they could have things explained to them by outside accountants.

Ladies and Gentlemen.... I give you your Federal Government. LOL

Requiem 10-17-2013 04:17 PM

Really? No software or user interface is going to be 100% at launch.

Name one health care solutions provider that has their websites and servers running at 100% efficiency.

Hint: There are none.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-17-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3942099)
Really? No software or user interface is going to be 100% at launch.

Name one health care solutions provider that has their websites and servers running at 100% efficiency.

Hint: There are none.

NAME ONE WHERE WE ARE FORCED UNDER THREAT OF LAW TO BUY? DUMBA$$

Requiem 10-17-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3942136)
NAME ONE WHERE WE ARE FORCED UNDER THREAT OF LAW TO BUY? DUMBA$$

If you have a job and insurance, you need not worry.

DenverBrit 10-17-2013 06:02 PM

Which 'dumbasses' decided to grandstand and take away the media attention from the ACA rollout??

Talk about a blunder of epic proportions, once again demonstrating that ideological simpletons are devoid of political savvy and 'common sense.'

Well done, Trogs!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-17-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3942143)
If you have a job and insurance, you need not worry.

Wow! What a great reason to enslave people to the government.:thumbs:

Requiem 10-17-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3942158)
Wow! What a great reason to enslave people to the government.:thumbs:

Your IQ likely tops out at 90, you need all the help you can get.

ant1999e 10-17-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3942010)
wHOMEVER DESIGNED THAT WEBSITE SHOULD BE FIRED............FOR REAL

Bad website however does not equate to bad policy just cause the far right

believes that ignorance.

I am in no way a conspiracy theorist like some of you clown with Bengazi and IRS and all the other made up stuff...........however

I wouldn't doubt somebody is screwing with that site on purpose.

They will cost us 24 billion so the right is capable of anything to

get their way................

So he only believes in "conspiracies" when they suit his needs. What an assclown.

BroncoBeavis 10-17-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3942150)
Which 'dumbasses' decided to grandstand and take away the media attention from the ACA rollout??

Talk about a blunder of epic proportions, once again demonstrating that ideological simpletons are devoid of political savvy and 'common sense.'

Well done, Trogs!

You act like JoeBi's gonna have all these problems ironed out next week or something. This is a multilayered story of government ineptitude that's going to string out for months.

BroncoBeavis 10-17-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3942099)
Really? No software or user interface is going to be 100% at launch.

Name one health care solutions provider that has their websites and servers running at 100% efficiency.

Hint: There are none.

Name one that only started testing it a few days before launch, watched it crash and burn and then went ahead and launched it anyway.

Arkie 10-17-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetmeck (Post 3942010)

I am in no way a conspiracy theorist like some of you clown with Bengazi and IRS and all the other made up stuff...........however

I wouldn't doubt somebody is screwing with that site on purpose.

They will cost us 24 billion so the right is capable of anything to

get their way................

I don't always believe in conspiracy theories...
https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/sa...LzCMAAvGQf.jpg
...but when I do, it's a right-wing conspiracy!

DenverBrit 10-18-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBII (Post 3942273)
You act like JoeBi's gonna have all these problems ironed out next week or something. This is a multilayered story of government ineptitude that's going to string out for months.

Deflect all you want.

That doesn't change the stupidity we have just witnessed from the extremists polluting the GOP.

BroncoBeavis 10-18-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverBrit (Post 3942415)
Deflect all you want.

That doesn't change the stupidity we have just witnessed from the extremists polluting the GOP.

It's not a deflection to point out that Stupidity in Federal Government is pretty much universal.

Only difference is one side keeps shouting for "More, More, Mo-oo-ore" (in a Rebel Yell) :)

B-Large 10-18-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3942158)
Wow! What a great reason to enslave people to the government.:thumbs:

Enslaved....they can pay the penalty, after have how do to see slave status?

But I will agree, if I were BHO, id make heads roll, and roll fast...

Miss I. 10-18-2013 08:41 AM

Yes the system had problems. Guess who was on furlough when the system kept crashing? Most IT in the USG was furloughed when they launched because evidently IT is non-exempt. They kept the bare minimum on staff. With all agencies back up and the non-exempt back there should be some improvement, but even with that, I wouldn't expect the launch of a system this large to run smoothly at the get up. Our agency has systems of this nature and in general it's like Microsoft Windows, the first iterations blows a bit, then in about a year it will patch it enough to work and a full on better version will be released. You should also realize that Government IT folks don't make anything like private industry and employees are limited in how many hours they can work since they limited overtime and other efforts and as a result quality does suffer or at least the time between improvements is lagging. Government has emphasize quality and cost over ontime delivery for sometime now and it does have impacts, but assuming they actually did an evaluation of the long term costs of this strategy, the likelihood is that this would cost less over the long term, while the short term would result in some delays.

As for the threat of failure to register, I already have healthcare that I pay for so it's not an issue, but the one draw back for most federal employees is that now the healthcare we jointly paid for with our employers (our federal agencies) is considered taxable income. Any money the USG puts toward our healthinsurance is now taxed. However I am okay with that because its still better than if I had to pay for it on my own due to my prexisisting condidtions (on my own a health care policy would cost me $650 a month or more, now it costs me about $150 and now the tax on the portion the government pays). And honestly if my taxed income will help someone who works two minimum wage jobs get covered for healthcare I am good with that.

BroncoBeavis 10-18-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss I. (Post 3942423)
Yes the system had problems. Guess who was on furlough when the system kept crashing? Most IT in the USG was furloughed when they launched because evidently IT is non-exempt.

While this may be true where you work, the Obamacare rollout has been pretty much fully staffed because it was categorized as mandatory.

http://www.govexec.com/management/20...hutdown/71308/

And even before the shutdown, the project was many times over its budget. And that budget will only explode even further while CMS mission control tries to learn on-the-fly what it was they were supposed to be doing for the last 3 years.

Requiem 10-18-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBII (Post 3942274)
Name one that only started testing it a few days before launch, watched it crash and burn and then went ahead and launched it anyway.

Interesting to see you claim that they used ten year technology on this, when it certainly isn't the case.

BroncoBeavis 10-18-2013 09:03 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...cs&ir=Politics

Quote:

Under these circumstances, the lion's share of the people who do whatever is necessary to sign up through HealthCare.gov are likely to be the sickest and most expensive to cover because they have the greatest need, Laszewski said. That would make the pool of people covered very costly, causing health insurers to lose money and likely rethink whether they want to participate in the exchanges, he said. "The fundamental threat to Obamacare is we don't get enough healthy people in the pool to keep the rates reasonable, and they are in grave danger of that problem," he said.

If these problems persist longer -- weeks, months, a whole year -- the entire Obamacare project falls apart, Laszewski said: "It's a holy **** moment."
Wow.

Of course my favorite part was

Quote:

For Obama and the Democrats who've stood behind Obamacare during four years of relentless attacks from Republicans -- including a face-off that led to a 16-day government shutdown and a threat of U.S. default -- failure of this magnitude would discredit a core premise of this presidency, that government can do big things to improve Americans' lives.
LOL

BroncoBeavis 10-18-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3942436)
Interesting to see you claim that they used ten year technology on this, when it certainly isn't the case.

That wasn't me who said that. It was the CTO of Rackspace, a Billion dollar hosting company.

Where is Qualifications Inspector Houghtam when I need him? :)

Requiem 10-18-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBII (Post 3942444)
That wasn't me who said that. It was the CTO of Rackspace, a Billion dollar hosting company.

Where is Qualifications Inspector Houghtam when I need him? :)

Yeah, but you quoted it as truth. Most technology associated with this has been in development the past five years. Continuously growing and changing.

DenverBrit 10-18-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBII (Post 3942417)
It's not a deflection to point out that Stupidity in Federal Government is pretty much universal.

Only difference is one side keeps shouting for "More, More, Mo-oo-ore" (in a Rebel Yell) :)

Federal government needs no help in wasting taxpayer's dollars.

Shutting down the government achieved what exactly? Job losses and and estimated $20 plus billion in tax dollars wasted.

Not exactly 'fiscal conservatism,' and judging by his comments, Cruz will be back with more of the same when the debt ceiling again needs lifting.

Both parties need to get to work and pass a budget and push the extremism out of our affairs.

elsid13 10-18-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3942446)
Yeah, but you quoted it as truth. Most technology associated with this has been in development the past five years. Continuously growing and changing.


When you are developing a major enterprise application like this, you have to freeze the baseline so you can do effective development and actually produce a product. At some point you aren't using latest and greatest code base/technologies. There is a lot Monday Morning QBing going on here from Congress, the media and private sector "tech" folks that don't do this for living and actually are clueless on how this process works.

I am not surprised that they are struggling or price has increased, it follow all the checkpoints for screwed up development program. But that being said, there is now a product and they will be able to scale it up and improve it as they move forward.

BroncoBeavis 10-18-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3942446)
Yeah, but you quoted it as truth. Most technology associated with this has been in development the past five years. Continuously growing and changing.

I quoted expert opinion as reported by a major US newspaper. And said literally nothing about it. I can see why you want to manufacture an argument here. But there really isn't one to be had.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.