The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Week 6 injury report (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112484)

Kaylore 10-09-2013 03:25 PM

Week 6 injury report

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report.html

Requiem 10-09-2013 03:30 PM

Sure gonna be nice to see #24 out there. Jeff Gordon.

RunSilentRunDeep 10-09-2013 03:34 PM

Paris Lenon!!! Great news!!!!! Hopefully, they'll limit his snap count against the Jags so he's 100% for the Colts.

Houshyamama 10-09-2013 03:35 PM

Ayers is a good role player, but Jackson is a pretty similar player yeah? So I'm not too worried about that. Getting Champ back makes up for Harris if he can't go, but I'm worried about Woodyard.

Kaylore 10-09-2013 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's Jacksonville's

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

They have lost both starting tackles for the year.

misturanderson 10-09-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houshyamama (Post 3935866)
Ayers is a good role player, but Jackson is a pretty similar player yeah? So I'm not too worried about that. Getting Champ back makes up for Harris if he can't go, but I'm worried about Woodyard.

Except that Ayers is our second best pass rusher right now, by a huge margin. He has 3 times as many sacks as Jackson so far and is only 1 below Phillips. He also has more than double the tackles of Jackson. I'm sure some of that can be chalked up to snap count, but they aren't really that similar in production so far.

There is a reason that Adrian Robinson was playing DE when Ayers went out instead of Jackson.

misturanderson 10-09-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3935867)
Here's Jacksonville's

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

They have lost both starting tackles for the year.

I really wish that Gabbert wasn't hurt. Let the secondary players pad their Int. numbers.

Every time I've seen him play, I can't comprehend how he is still on a team, let alone starting.

Houshyamama 10-09-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misturanderson (Post 3935870)
Except that Ayers is our second best pass rusher right now, by a huge margin. He has 3 times as many sacks as Jackson so far and is only 1 below Phillips. He also has more than double the tackles of Jackson. I'm sure some of that can be chalked up to snap count, but they aren't really that similar in production so far.

There is a reason that Adrian Robinson was playing DE when Ayers went out instead of Jackson.

Fair enough, I have been impressed with Ayers this year.

55CrushEm 10-09-2013 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3935860)

Interesting that Harris is listed as "DNP" when he was out there today with a helmet on.

Perhaps so a stray pass wouldn't bonk him in the head, when he wasn't looking?? :)

Attachment 32994

SonOfLe-loLang 10-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55CrushEm (Post 3935886)
Interesting that Harris is listed as "DNP" when he was out there today with a helmet on.

Perhaps so a stray pass wouldn't bonk him in the head, when he wasn't looking?? :)

Attachment 32994

That's a good sign. He's not allowed to practice till friday, but ithink can do a light workout if he passed his concussion test on tues.

Kaylore 10-09-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misturanderson (Post 3935871)
I really wish that Gabbert wasn't hurt. Let the secondary players pad their Int. numbers.

Every time I've seen him play, I can't comprehend how he is still on a team, let alone starting.

I think the Jags are letting Gabbert lead them to the top of the draft. It also makes it look like they gave Gabbert a fair shake.

MagicHef 10-09-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misturanderson (Post 3935870)

Jackson has been playing inside almost the entire season, Ayers has been outside. That's why Robinson replaced Ayers.

Ayers has 2 more sacks and 5 more total pressures than Jackson while playing 68 more snaps, and also while playing a position that generally is easier to produce pressure from.

Requiem 10-09-2013 04:19 PM

Jacksonville will have their pick of the litter with QBs this year. I honestly wish we would have waited until this year to look for a replacement. A lot of good prospects @ QB.

enjolras 10-09-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3935896)
Jacksonville will have their pick of the litter with QBs this year. I honestly wish we would have waited until this year to look for a replacement. A lot of good prospects @ QB.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Broncos take another QB..relatively high even.

BroncoMan4ever 10-09-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enjolras (Post 3935899)
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the Broncos take another QB..relatively high even.

Elite teams do tend to draft a QB on an almost annual basis. And with Peyton looking like he has no intention of hanging up the cleats any time soon, it is likely Osweiler won't be our QBOTF

pricejj 10-09-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houshyamama (Post 3935866)
Ayers is a good role player, but Jackson is a pretty similar player yeah?

No. Malik Jackson is not an outside rusher.

Ayers and Phillips are all we have right now who can pass-rush against OT's.

lookin' glass 10-09-2013 05:45 PM

I was sure hoping Med's guy Q. Smith would have been able to contribute as much as Webster this year.

SoCalBronco 10-09-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3935896)

Jameis will be No.1 overall in 2015...IMO ..he's better than Bridgewater already and anyone in this class. Only issue is slow release.

Houshyamama 10-09-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3935936)
No. Malik Jackson is not an outside rusher.

Ayers and Phillips are all we have right now who can pass-rush against OT's.

Is this true? I thought I had heard good things about his pass rushing. Maybe I'm way off.

Houshyamama 10-09-2013 06:00 PM

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/03/tamba-...vich-pressure/

I guess he plays mostly on the interior then? I don't know why I thought he played on the edge, I guess because he's listed as a LDE on the team's official depth chart.

broncocalijohn 10-09-2013 06:13 PM

If there is a game to let WW and/or Chris Harris, this would be it if they can't make it for Sunday. I like a full squad but less chance of an injury again for those players. Welcome back Bailey?

DenverBound 10-09-2013 06:27 PM

Bailey is BACK!

Agamemnon 10-09-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houshyamama (Post 3935949)
Is this true? I thought I had heard good things about his pass rushing. Maybe I'm way off.

He's more of a power rusher like Derek Wolfe. Neither guy can get around half-decent OTs.

gunns 10-09-2013 06:55 PM

Sure being quiet about Woodyard. Maybe it just seems like that because I'm most worried about him.

gyldenlove 10-09-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3935988)
Sure being quiet about Woodyard. Maybe it just seems like that because I'm most worried about him.

I am sure he has his eyes firmly set on the Indy game in 2 weeks.