The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Teams Now Compelled to Participate in Hard Knocks (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112466)

Irish Stout 10-08-2013 11:18 AM

Teams Now Compelled to Participate in Hard Knocks

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...os-hard-knocks

The NFL will guarantee participation of NFL teams for the HBO show Hard Knocks.

The measure passed by a vote at the fall league meeting being held in Washington. The move eliminates some of the scrambling that has occurred in the past getting teams to go on the show. Now the NFL has the authority to compel a team to be on the show.

Teams that have appeared on the show in the last 10 years, reached the playoffs within two years, or have a new coach can opt out of the pool of potential teams for that year.

BroncoMan4ever 10-08-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Stout (Post 3934997)

The measure passed by a vote at the fall league meeting being held in Washington. The move eliminates some of the scrambling that has occurred in the past getting teams to go on the show. Now the NFL has the authority to compel a team to be on the show.

Teams that have appeared on the show in the last 10 years, reached the playoffs within two years, or have a new coach can opt out of the pool of potential teams for that year.

i am glad for the opt outs. as much as I am sure I would enjoy and watch if Denver were the team, I really don't want to see the Broncos on this show.

Kaylore 10-08-2013 11:29 AM

If we win the SB this year, I wouldn't mind seeing us on there. I am 100% sure the team will opt out, though. Just one more reason to make the post season.

Chris 10-08-2013 11:34 AM

I've never actually seen it. Is it doity?

v2micca 10-08-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Stout (Post 3934997)

Sounds like they had to grant a lot of wiggle room to get this one passed. Those opt out clauses cover most of the League.

Agamemnon 10-08-2013 12:32 PM

Most teams qualify for one or more opt out clauses. This seems pointless.

GreatBronco16 10-08-2013 12:37 PM

Well I guess Cincy will be on there for the next 5 or so years. Maybe they can bring Ochocinco back and he can talk about how he doesn't know how to manage his money.

Garcia Bronco 10-08-2013 12:37 PM

These shows are awful.

Rabb 10-08-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3935048)
These shows are awful.

Just curious, why do you say that? I mean if it's not your cup of tea I get it, I won't be that guy that says you are wrong or stupid if you don't like them.

I personally love the show regardless of the team on it, it's just fascinating to me to watch the rookies or bubble guys go through the motions. It's also often times pretty freaking heartbreaking to watch guys get injured and see how it's impacting their lives.

This past season a rookie was hurt and sent to IR and it was just horrible to watch the reaction when he had to tell his folks.

2KBack 10-08-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabb (Post 3935050)
Just curious, why do you say that? I mean if it's not your cup of tea I get it, I won't be that guy that says you are wrong or stupid if you don't like them.

I personally love the show regardless of the team on it, it's just fascinating to me to watch the rookies or bubble guys go through the motions. It's also often times pretty freaking heartbreaking to watch guys get injured and see how it's impacting their lives.

This past season a rookie was hurt and sent to IR and it was just horrible to watch the reaction when he had to tell his folks.

Yeah, I think it's fantastic. Might not be good for the team on it...but it shows a really cool perspective of professional football.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-08-2013 12:47 PM

I don't know if this is the best idea. Least we forget that this was the way that the saints got "caught" in the "bounty" scandal. Which I have yet see or hear evidence of..

Garcia Bronco 10-08-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabb (Post 3935050)

I don't think they're produced well. It's like a reality TV show where they make it seem like something happened and it didn't. It's a distraction for the teams IMO, especially the rookies. I personally don't need that much info on the team because I root for the laundry. If teams wanted to volunteer, cool. I am not cool with compulsion.

Kaylore 10-08-2013 01:02 PM

I actually enjoy hard knocks. I think they're interesting.

Bronco Yoda 10-08-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3935060)
I am not cool with compulsion.

Didn't the owners vote on this?

winstoncup bronco 10-08-2013 02:12 PM

The power of Goodell compels you!

http://www.beatrice.com/exorcist-photo.jpg

Mogulseeker 10-08-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3935057)
I don't know if this is the best idea. Least we forget that this was the way that the saints got "caught" in the "bounty" scandal. Which I have yet see or hear evidence of..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fhnn9kbqQUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheElusiveKyleOrton 10-08-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 3935060)
I don't think they're produced well. It's like a reality TV show where they make it seem like something happened and it didn't. It's a distraction for the teams IMO, especially the rookies. I personally don't need that much info on the team because I root for the laundry. If teams wanted to volunteer, cool. I am not cool with compulsion.

You don't think they're produced well?

It's one of the best-produced shows on television, year in and year out, the camera work and editing and sound are all absolutely fantastic. Your opinion is your opinion, I'm just surprised that production value is any part of the issue for you.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-08-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3935143)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fhnn9kbqQUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ummm where's the evidence? I've heard that tape before. That sound like every fooyball coach I've ever had. Didn't you play football before?

crush17 10-08-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton (Post 3935148)

It's one of the best-produced shows on television, year in and year out, the camera work and editing and sound are all absolutely fantastic. Your opinion is your opinion, I'm just surprised that production value is any part of the issue for you.

Agreed.

hades 10-08-2013 03:07 PM

I've never watched one, most likely never will.

extralife 10-08-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3935177)
Ummm where's the evidence? I've heard that tape before. That sound like every fooyball coach I've ever had. Didn't you play football before?

so every football coach tells you to bend Frank Gore's head sideways? every football coach says he will pay you money if you hit Alex Smith in the head? every football coach says to hit "32" while he's on the sideline and knock him out of the game? really? hit kyle williams in the head to "test his concussion"? deliberately try to tear Crabtree's ACL? every football coach says that? explicitly ****ing says all of these things on tape? and that doesn't count as evidence?

Garcia Bronco 10-08-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton (Post 3935148)

I do pay attention to that kind of thing, but to be fair...I haven't watched since the Ravens did it after they won their first Super Bowl...so maybe I am being unfair. :)

RhymesayersDU 10-08-2013 04:52 PM

I would love for the Broncos to do this one year. I think the show is pretty great.

Lestat 10-08-2013 04:54 PM

Hopefully if we get put on it there are no distractions from having to open up dove valley to the world.

That's what always seems to get certain teams in trouble. They're on the show and somehow a little bit of drama gets enhanced and it becomes a distraction.

Dr. Broncenstein 10-08-2013 05:10 PM

Love the show. Would be awesome to watch the Broncos do it.