The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rant of the Week. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112437)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-06-2013 11:49 PM

Rant of the Week.

I just noticed something listening to the national broadcast. This was a close game. Closest game Broncos have had in a year. But because it was a close game everybody seems to think we are the PRETENDERS! WTF! Everybody is so ready to suck on the dartos tunic of New England after 2 nail bitting wins. Or Seahawks offense litterally did less than $h!t vs. Houston but they're legit SB bound. Its bad enough that Broncos only have 2.5 Broncos in the HOF (Zimmerman was an orginally a viking). But right now Broncos are playing at a break neck pace and all I hear is "oh look they stumbled to a win" bs! EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU National broadcasters!

theAPAOps5 10-06-2013 11:51 PM

Release....... RELEASE...... let it all out!

Guess Who 10-06-2013 11:52 PM

That's funny because I just heard the talking heads were saying they didn't know how good the Broncos were until they were challenged and forced to play in a close game.

oubronco 10-07-2013 06:04 AM

Sounds like you need a slump buster

Beantown Bronco 10-07-2013 06:20 AM

Only the Mane could play the "media disrespect" card in a week where we'll no doubt be #1 in EVERY SINGLE analyst's power rankings.

2KBack 10-07-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco (Post 3933836)
Only the Mane could play the "media disrespect" card in a week where we'll no doubt be #1 in EVERY SINGLE analyst's power rankings.

I don't think we will. People are pouncing on that defensive performance, for good reason on the surface level. Honestly though, anything that could go wrong defensively did....all the chuck and pray passes worked and by the end of the day half of starting defense was out. No one is talking about that though...it's all about how we will be ultimately successful with that defense.

DENVERDUI55 10-07-2013 06:34 AM

I would say why get so worked up. The season is going to come down to playing well in the playoffs no matter what seed Denver is. Contenders aren't picked in September and October.

barryr 10-07-2013 06:36 AM

Reality is even the best team in the NFL will not win every game by 20+ points. There are close games to be one and the best teams get it done more often than not. But most of the large media at least is in the east and any team west of Chicago is news to many of them.

Johnykbr 10-07-2013 08:00 AM

The talking heads will always give more credit to a high scoring team winning through defense than a high scoring team winning by even more scoring.

RaiderH8r 10-07-2013 08:16 AM

http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net...78c69b7ed.jpeg

Kaylore 10-07-2013 08:52 AM

http://api.ning.com/files/xbaS1LGKdd...tOverreact.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic2 10-07-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess Who (Post 3933746)
That's funny because I just heard the talking heads were saying they didn't know how good the Broncos were until they were challenged and forced to play in a close game.

This is what I've been hearing. Tested and came out on top when the pressure was on.

Drunken.Broncoholic2 10-07-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KBack (Post 3933849)
I don't think we will. People are pouncing on that defensive performance, for good reason on the surface level. Honestly though, anything that could go wrong defensively did....all the chuck and pray passes worked and by the end of the day half of starting defense was out. No one is talking about that though...it's all about how we will be ultimately successful with that defense.

If you had told me before that we would be without Woodyard(who is the driver of the defense) without Von ayers Harris and champ I would guarantee a loss against a good offense. Lack of pressure gave up a lot of those plays. Some of them romo had 7 plus seconds to find a reciever. You put a great secondary out there and after that much time someone always gets open. And when there was pressure romo got rattled at the end. A few of those plays were romo scrambling like a boss. I think we won't see that type of performance anymore(about as bad as it gets). Don't think all those players will be out at the same time again.

Peoples Champ 10-07-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3933741)
I just noticed something listening to the national broadcast. This was a close game. Closest game Broncos have had in a year. But because it was a close game everybody seems to think we are the PRETENDERS! WTF! Everybody is so ready to suck on the dartos tunic of New England after 2 nail bitting wins. Or Seahawks offense litterally did less than $h!t vs. Houston but they're legit SB bound. Its bad enough that Broncos only have 2.5 Broncos in the HOF (Zimmerman was an orginally a viking). But right now Broncos are playing at a break neck pace and all I hear is "oh look they stumbled to a win" bs! EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU National broadcasters!

i agree, but if i had my choice, i would much rather fly under the radar. I hate being the team everyone expects to win. They rarely win the SB. Look at like the last 5-10 SB champs, all came out of nowhere. It will be hard for Denver to come out of nowhere, but i still would rather have the media doubting us than giving us praise and picking us to blow everyone out.

hades 10-07-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peoples Champ (Post 3934054)
i agree, but if i had my choice, i would much rather fly under the radar. I hate being the team everyone expects to win. They rarely win the SB. Look at like the last 5-10 SB champs, all came out of nowhere. It will be hard for Denver to come out of nowhere, but i still would rather have the media doubting us than giving us praise and picking us to blow everyone out.

I'm the opposite, this year. Go fast, loud, and score 60 every week while holding the opponents to 0 with everyone expecting it!!

Smilin Assassin 10-07-2013 10:05 AM

Elway, Little, Zimmerman, Sharpe in HOF.

Your math is a lil off.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-07-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin (Post 3934068)
Elway, Little, Zimmerman, Sharpe in HOF.

Your math is a lil off.

The point is the Tampa bay bucs have more HOF ers than we do. And this is one of the reasons Broncos don't get the respect we are due. Remember there was talk of Elway not being a first ballot HOF ers before his first SB win. And why? The only reason given was no SB wins. Even though he had more wins than any other QB at the time. For whatever reason Broncos have to be 100 ones better than any body else to get respect. Look at Terrell Davis. 2000 hard rush season league MVP SB MVP but Curtis Martin is a legit HOF er? The hell they say.

enjolras 10-07-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3934254)
The point is the Tampa bay bucs have more HOF ers than we do. And this is one of the reasons Broncos don't get the respect we are due. Remember there was talk of Elway not being a first ballot HOF ers before his first SB win. And why? The only reason given was no SB wins. Even though he had more wins than any other QB at the time. For whatever reason Broncos have to be 100 ones better than any body else to get respect. Look at Terrell Davis. 2000 hard rush season league MVP SB MVP but Curtis Martin is a legit HOF er? The hell they say.

We have more hall of famers than the bucs.

John Elway
Gary Zimmerman
Shannon Sharpe
Floyd Little

The Bucs only have (I'm not counting Randall McDaniel and Steve Young as Buccaneers):

Lee Roy Selmon
Warren Sapp

stopgap 10-07-2013 01:17 PM

The talking heads will never side with Denver.

Oh well. They will just have to grin and bear it.

mwill07 10-07-2013 01:28 PM

oh come on now. We were the talk of the town 2 years ago with Tebow. We were the national darlings with Manning coming back last year. They need to keep talking about us, but need to change the narrative a little bit.

KC has more of a right to gripe about a lack of national attention IMO, but then again, it's KC so who cares.

Pony Boy 10-07-2013 01:39 PM

I have two words for the talking-heads ........ Von Miller

stopgap 10-07-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwill07 (Post 3934342)
oh come on now. We were the talk of the town 2 years ago with Tebow. We were the national darlings with Manning coming back last year. They need to keep talking about us, but need to change the narrative a little bit.

KC has more of a right to gripe about a lack of national attention IMO, but then again, it's KC so who cares.

Tebow brings the TMZ drama. That's different.