The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Week 5 Podcast Questions. Broncos vs. 'boys (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112428)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-06-2013 07:32 PM

Week 5 Podcast Questions. Broncos vs. 'boys

What a great game! I like the blowout wins better, but good to know we can dig deep a little and pull out a win.

Offense:
1.) Lets give Moreno some love. I have to admit that for the majority of his career here I haven't been a fan, but since those 6 games last year and the games this year he's played well and he's played tough. In particular that 1st down he made pushing the pile the last 4 yard! But he does one annoying thing. After a few plays he asks to get a blow. Is his condihtioning poor or the pace just that fast?

Defense:
1.) There has been a lot of talk about "not needing Von" around here. I think this game exposed what a dire need we have for pass-rush. But you guys think that we make a mid-season trade for another pass-rusher anyway?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-06-2013 11:29 PM

Has this games exposed our man-to-man coverage or this game was an anomaly?

KevinJames 10-06-2013 11:50 PM

top 6 in the NFL in sacks.

if anything this game showed we need to stop playing soft coverages with no safeties over the top against top talent WRs and TEs

today was more scheme based than it was player based IMO but some of the players did have their worst game in coverage aside from Webster and Trev, not the greatest gameplan but they probably didn't think Dallas would go deep as much as they did.

We had good pressure we got 4 sacks I think today was just an anomaly. Von and maybe Champ will be back soon that alone will help.

I can't see many other teams out there that can pull off a shoot out on our schedule outside of maybe the Colts & Chargers but even the Chargers are inconsistent.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJames (Post 3933744)
top 6 in the NFL in sacks.

if anything this game showed we need to stop playing soft coverages with no safeties over the top against top talent WRs and TEs

today was more scheme based than it was player based IMO but some of the players did have their worst game in coverage aside from Webster and Trev, not the greatest gameplan but they probably didn't think Dallas would go deep as much as they did.

We had good pressure we got 4 sacks I think today was just an anomaly. Von and maybe Champ will be back soon that alone will help.

I can't see many other teams out there that can pull off a shoot out on our schedule outside of maybe the Colts & Chargers but even the Chargers are inconsistent.

Some stats are miss leading. I'm sure a lot of those sacks came with large leads. I'm of the belief that you can't have enough good pass rushers. It was a blow when Doom left. I personally think that the Broncos need to sift through a team fire sale a pick up a pass rusher.

Kaylore 10-07-2013 09:43 PM

Any more topics?

BroncosfanGuy 10-07-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3933733)

as bad as the coverage was, I think the pass rush was even worse.

what do you guys think has happened to Wolfe? He was never really an edge rusher, but he was a force rushing from the interior. I don't recall seeing the same impact from him yet. Losing 2 edge rushers hurts, but is it simply not seeing as many favorable matchups with Von and Dumervil out of the lineup?

bonus question, at what point does the staff begin thinking of moving Webster past Carter on the old depth chart? Carter's inability to make a tackle extended a lot of plays yesterday.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-07-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3934672)
Any more topics?

I remember at the beginning of the season when people were thinking we were insane for keeping 11 BD on the roster. You guys think with all our injuries to the DB core we pick up another DB or activate Jammer?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-07-2013 10:27 PM

Did you guys see that run play just before the go ahead field goal. Peyton spoke at the press conference about how he wanted Moreno to get the first down without scoring so Peyton could run out the clock. Do you guys think that Peyton had no faith that the defense could close out the game vs. the cowboys?

SonOfLe-loLang 10-07-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3934235)
Some stats are miss leading. I'm sure a lot of those sacks came with large leads. I'm of the belief that you can't have enough good pass rushers. It was a blow when Doom left. I personally think that the Broncos need to sift through a team fire sale a pick up a pass rusher.

Disagree. Phillips is doing fine and Von will be back. You are essentially emulating what we had last year. Except ayers is more of a threat. Plus, with the return of Von, I believe Wolfe will get more pressure from the inside. Who in this hypothetical fire sale are you gonna get that's much better?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 10-07-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3934702)
Disagree. Phillips is doing fine and Von will be back. You are essentially emulating what we had last year. Except ayers is more of a threat. Plus, with the return of Von, I believe Wolfe will get more pressure from the inside. Who in this hypothetical fire sale are you gonna get that's much better?

That might be true for this year. But Phillips is sign only to this year and if Von gets caught one more time its a year suspension. I thinking about the next man up.

ZONA 10-07-2013 11:15 PM

Moreno probably has to take more rests then normal because he uses so much energy trying to get up from under the pile so fast.........hahaha.

BroncoFanDoug 10-07-2013 11:24 PM

3rd week in a row I am asking this question. Please! One of you film study guys!

The running game is much improved, and imho this is not a trivial issue. Is there indications that part of the reason is that Alex Gibbs zone blocking starting to pay dividends? Or am I all wet?

BowlenBall 10-07-2013 11:42 PM

Our game next week against Jacksonville is as close to a sure thing as has ever been seen in the NFL (according to Vegas, at least). How many of the following players can we rest next week and still be reasonably assured of a victory?

1) Wesley Woodyard (neck)
2) Danny Trevathan (knee)
3) Champ Bailey (ankle)
4) Robert Ayers (shoulder)
5) Chris Harris Jr. (concussion)
6) Ronnie Hillman (ankle)
7) Chris Kuper (old age)
8) Eric Decker (has appeared on injury report for ankle injury the last two weeks)
9) Duke Ihenacho (had an ankle injury in week 2, hasn't been the same since)
10) Paris Lenon (questionable with a thigh injury last week)

Personally, I say that if we give all 10 the week off, we still beat the Jags by 10....

TheReverend 10-08-2013 05:04 AM

Bump. Podcast is confirmed and some solid questions and points raised in here.

ludo21 10-08-2013 06:11 AM

Over/ Under how much time Brosweiler plays on Sunday?

Vegas_Bronco 10-08-2013 06:20 AM

i missed week 4 podcast...did it disappear?

I would like to hear thoughts on what you would buy Peyton for Christmas...dude has everything so your ideas better be good.

Also, is Gene Kravitz wearing a #27 jersey yet?

Serious Question: Is John Fox credited for this success - if so, how much. Is he the DB coach for the long haul?

TheElusiveKyleOrton 10-08-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3933733)

I could be wrong here, but it sure felt like we went heavy with the zone early on and THAT is what they were exposing. Not man to man.

But I might be wrong.

BFDD 10-08-2013 07:04 AM

1) Will we see Brock in the second half in the Jags game?
2) How does getting Champ back help the D?
3) Can we get more half naked pics of Rev?
4) How many times can Taco bench 225?

Kaylore 10-08-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco (Post 3934791)
i missed week 4 podcast...did it disappear?

No, real life got in the way and it was canceled.

Quote:

I would like to hear thoughts on what you would buy Peyton for Christmas...dude has everything so your ideas better be good.

Also, is Gene Kravitz wearing a #27 jersey yet?

Serious Question: Is John Fox credited for this success - if so, how much. Is he the DB coach for the long haul?
I would love to answer all these questions.

TheReverend 10-08-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFDD (Post 3934806)
1) Will we see Brock in the second half in the Jags game?
2) How does getting Champ back help the D?
3) Can we get more half naked pics of Rev?
4) How many times can Taco bench 225?

Yes to all

ScottXray 10-08-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3934695)
Did you guys see that run play just before the go ahead field goal. Peyton talked about how he want Moreno to get the first down without scoring so Peyton could run out the clock. Do you guys think that Peyton had no faith that the defense could close out the game vs, the cowboys?

The Defense was gashed on every drive after Woodyard, Harris and Ayers went out. So , Yeah , I don't think anyone thought giving the ball back to Dallas, even up a TD, was a good idea.

Running the clock down to set up the FG ensured they wouldn't get a chance to come back, but was a little risky (possibility of a fumbled snap, etc). I wouldn't have liked our chances in OT unless we got the ball first ( 50-50 at best).

Basically the last team to have the ball was going to win that game, and thanks to Trevathan ( and Romo) we had it.

DENVERDUI55 10-08-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3934749)
Bump. Podcast is confirmed and some solid questions and points raised in here.

I want to hear you explain how Denver shouldn't worry about the pass rush. I mean they did have 4 sacks on Romo and that would lead the league so that means pass rush is fine. Can you explain that because that is stance to say it is not a problem.

v2micca 10-08-2013 07:25 AM

We all noticed that the Refs did not appear to be calling holding very much on the Cowboy's offensive line. However, the appeared to at least be equal offenders and let the Broncos O-line get away with some pretty blatant holds as well. Maybe this is me going all conspiracy theory, but is it possible that the refs were advised to call a looser game to encourage a shoot-out? If they call the came tighter, I would have to believe it benefits the Broncos more as Peyton doesn't need his guys to hold their blocks as long.

TheReverend 10-08-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3934817)
I want to hear you explain how Denver shouldn't worry about the pass rush. I mean they did have 4 sacks on Romo and that would lead the league so that means pass rush is fine. Can you explain that because that is stance to say it is not a problem.

This is already a scheduled topic, and yes I will

Also, you can fondle my genitals, and gently caress my cheek (and the way you follow me around you'd probably beg for it)

TheReverend 10-08-2013 08:24 AM

****ing language filter LOL