The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   I'm sick of this. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112305)

mwill07 09-29-2013 09:42 AM

I'm sick of this.

First, it's Dennis Allen. Then, it's McCoy. Three games in, and it's being speculated we will lose both JDR and Gase, JDR possibly mid-season.

Kudos, I suppose, to Fox for bringing in talented, young coaches, but for cryin out loud - can we get some continuity please?

Broncos OC Adam Gase emerging as hot young coaching candidate

B-Large 09-29-2013 09:44 AM

Success breeds success... I'll take it over being a Raiders fan, browns fan, or Bills fan..

Kevin8Nine 09-29-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwill07 (Post 3925923)
First, it's Dennis Allen. Then, it's McCoy. Three games in, and it's being speculated we will lose both JDR and Gase, JDR possibly mid-season.

Kudos, I suppose, to Fox for bringing in talented, young coaches, but for cryin out loud - can we get some continuity please?

Broncos OC Adam Gase emerging as hot young coaching candidate

I agree. It does suck. Is there a way the we can sign our next dc or oc to a 5 year contract? or something similar?

razorwire77 09-29-2013 09:57 AM

I'd rather have a winning team and cycle through coaches every couple of years than suck at football. I still think Gase will be back for one more year.

BroncosfanGuy 09-29-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3925928)
I'd rather have a winning team and cycle through coaches every couple of years than suck at football. I still think Gase will be back for one more year.

I agree with this entire post

maven 09-29-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine (Post 3925927)
I agree. It does suck. Is there a way the we can sign our next dc or oc to a 5 year contract? or something similar?

Why would you want to be a team that holds back coaches from promotions? If the Coach gets a better gig, you let him go.

Kevin8Nine 09-29-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3925932)
Why would you want to be a team that holds back coaches from promotions? If the Coach gets a better gig, you let him go.

We are not holding someone back from a gig. Being a coach in Denver is a dream job right now. You come here knowing we desire continuity at the position, you build a nice resume over the next couple years and then see your available options at the end of your contract.

maven 09-29-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine (Post 3925937)
We are not holding someone back from a gig. Being a coach in Denver is a dream job right now. You come here knowing we desire continuity at the position, you build a nice resume over the next couple years and then see your available options at the end of your contract.

If you're hot right now, and a HC vacancy opens up and you want to go. You go. You don't sit around to fulfill a contact.

Kevin8Nine 09-29-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3925939)
If you're hot right now, and a HC vacancy opens up and you want to go. You go. You don't sit around to fulfill a contact.

You do if you signed a contract with the Denver broncos fully understanding that the broncos desire continuity and just imagine if over 5 years at Denver you had success with peyton and brock. You would be able to sign a nice contract worth a lot of money because you have a proven resume. Maybe we could set a trend in the league. The only constant is change

BroncosfanGuy 09-29-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine (Post 3925942)
You do if you signed a contract with the Denver broncos...

no, that's not how it works, dude. this is just part of success

Dr. Broncenstein 09-29-2013 10:15 AM

Lol. I'm so sick of human nature.

Action 09-29-2013 10:16 AM

Unfortunately, this is part of success unless you have an extremely old coordinator. There is only 1 Dick LeBeau.

Kevin8Nine 09-29-2013 10:18 AM

Im ahead of my time.... I am a very inventive, innovative person.

errand 09-29-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine (Post 3925927)

Yeah, we could sign him to a 10 year contract....if he'll sign it.

The coordinator position is a stepping stone position...some people have to fail or have less success as head coaches in order to figure out their terminal position is OC or DC....like Wade Phillips did.

Few coordinators if any will sign long term contracts if they still believe they can be a head coach somewhere.....not to mention I'm sure all contracts have clauses that allow the coordinator to leave if he's offered a HC job.

Archer81 09-29-2013 10:33 AM

If they go, they go. Hope Del Rio at least sticks around through the season.

:Broncos:

Mogulseeker 09-29-2013 10:34 AM

So the Broncos don't have to let them interview until the season is over, right?

Archer81 09-29-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3925954)
So the Broncos don't have to let them interview until the season is over, right?

Seems to be the case.

errand 09-29-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Action (Post 3925946)
Unfortunately, this is part of success unless you have an extremely old coordinator. There is only 1 Dick LeBeau.

Yeah, he's been a coordinator for a long time...however he also had a HC job too.

He evidently figured out he's a much better coordinator as his 12-33 record as a HC testifies

Mogulseeker 09-29-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archer81 (Post 3925956)
Seems to be the case.

I'm pretty sure it is. We can keep them on through the end of the year if we wanted to.

Jesterhole 09-29-2013 10:39 AM

lol, Manning is our OC, and JDR is just running Fox's system, sooooo......

BroncoMan4ever 09-29-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3925928)

Yeah, Gase is the hot new young commodity, but he is 3 games into being an OC. 1 more year before he is a realistic choice as a HC.

As for JDR, I just hope he can finish the season. It was likely we would lose him this offseason anyway
Let USC finish up a mediocre season and then bring in the new guy.

errand 09-29-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3925954)

Depends on his contract...most NFL teams will have a clause in them that states a coordinator cannot break his contract unless he's being promoted to HC....and I think the NFL won't allow interviews of prospects until their season is officially over.

However the NCAA doesn't have to follow NFL rules I guess.

BroncoMan4ever 09-29-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine (Post 3925937)

Sure it is a nice option to build up a resume and get your name out there, but if after a single season a team wants you as their HC you leave regardless of the continuity drsired by the franchise.

Archer81 09-29-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3925966)
Depends on his contract...most NFL teams will have a clause in them that states a coordinator cannot break his contract unless he's being promoted to HC....and I think the NFL won't allow interviews of prospects until their season is officially over.

However the NCAA doesn't have to follow NFL rules I guess.

Del Rio works for an NFL team. It's probable he would have to get permission from his current employer to interview with USC in the first place. Unless USC is going to hire him and no one else.

Boobs McGee 09-29-2013 11:20 AM

If we lose JDR mid season I become REALLY worried about our D. They've done nothing but shine since he got here.