The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Boehner's Deal to Avoid a Shut Down (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112300)

Taco John 09-28-2013 03:13 PM

Boehner's Deal to Avoid a Shut Down
 
Seems reasonable...
  • Repeal of the Medical Device Tax
  • One year delay on the individual mandate
  • The Senate's Continuing Resolution gets pushed to December 15th
  • Troops get paid regardless


http://www.speaker.gov/press-release...stop-obamacare

SoCalBronco 09-28-2013 03:38 PM

DOA

Taco John 09-28-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3925677)
DOA

It looks like it, but I think Republicans can hold the line here and put pressure on Democrats. Obama shot himself in the foot by offering free passes to big business while holding the American's feet to the fire on the individual mandate.

pricejj 09-28-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3925670)
Seems reasonable...
  • Repeal of the Medical Device Tax
  • One year delay on the individual mandate
  • The Senate's Continuing Resolution gets pushed to December 15th
  • Troops get paid regardless


http://www.speaker.gov/press-release...stop-obamacare

Sounds very reasonable. I'm personally very happy that the individual mandate delay is included. This will provide relief to millions of Americans and provide an economic boost.

Taco John 09-28-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3925680)
Sounds very reasonable. I'm personally very happy that the individual mandate delay is included. This will provide relief to millions of Americans and provide an economic boost.

Reid's rejecting it and has decided that he will not reconvene the Senate until Monday, which effectively means Obama is about to preside over a federal shut down. It's pretty well a done deal at this point. They won't accept any compromise on this at all.

The Lone Bolt 09-28-2013 03:53 PM

"Seems" reasonable... but it's not.

The repeal of the Medical Device Tax is just another effort at defunding the PPACA and the only purpose of the delay is to buy time for the republicans to kill the law entirely.

The democrats should -- and will -- reject this Trojan horse.

pricejj 09-28-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3925679)
It looks like it, but I think Republicans can hold the line here and put pressure on Democrats. Obama shot himself in the foot by offering free passes to big business while holding the American's feet to the fire on the individual mandate.

Of course Democrats all of a sudden think they can take the 'we don't negotiate on anything stance', while attempting to get rid of sequestration.

Lulz good luck with that!

peacepipe 09-28-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3925682)
Reid's rejecting it and has decided that he will not reconvene the Senate until Monday, which effectively means Obama is about to preside over a federal shut down. It's pretty well a done deal at this point. They won't accept any compromise on this at all.

a shut down rethugs forced. they did it to Clinton now they're doing it to Obama.
compromise? you don't negotiate deals under extortion just like you wouldn't negotiate with terrorists. Obama and dems are making the right choice.

pricejj 09-28-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3925682)
Reid's rejecting it and has decided that he will not reconvene the Senate until Monday, which effectively means Obama is about to preside over a federal shut down. It's pretty well a done deal at this point. They won't accept any compromise on this at all.

If that's what they want, then that's what they'll get. Obama delayed the employer mandate illegally. There should be nothing wrong with delaying the individual mandate lawfully (which people don't want anyway). The American public will side with the R's on this one.

peacepipe 09-28-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3925686)
If that's what they want, then that's what they'll get. Obama delayed the employer mandate illegally. There should be nothing wrong with delaying the individual mandate lawfully (which people don't want anyway). The American public will side with the R's on this one.

that's complete fantasy,rethugs will get blamed,it's why Boehner was trying to avert this situation with the debt ceiling as opposed to shutting down the government. he knows the Rs get blamed.

peacepipe 09-28-2013 04:03 PM

hell look at how rethugs lashed out at cruz for forcing their hand on this.

pricejj 09-28-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3925688)
that's complete fantasy,rethugs will get blamed,it's why Boehner was trying to avert this situation with the debt ceiling as opposed to shutting down the government. he knows the Rs get blamed.

I disagree. Republicans will keep the House in 2014, and continue to control the purse strings. Therefore, the people will have sided with Republicans.

We are not worried in the least. Your threats are meaningless.

peacepipe 09-28-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3925693)
I disagree. Republicans will keep the House in 2014, and continue to control the purse strings. Therefore, the people will have sided with Republicans.

We are not worried in the least. Your threats are meaningless.

no threats here,just pointing out the reality of what rethugs will be putting themselves in. there will be no compromise,government will reopen at some point with obamacare with no delay and rethugs will get blamed as a whole by the country and look stupid in the end to their lunatic fringe of a base.

pricejj 09-28-2013 04:37 PM

People will finally be able to see Harry Reid front and center. No longer able to hide under the curtain that the state-run media provides.

The people won't like what they see. Not at all. Reid is the ghoul who is at the epicenter the Socialist movement.

If you don't think American's won't want to vomit every time they see that fool on TV, trying to explain why the government is shut down, you're sadly mistaken.

W*GS 09-28-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3925718)
People will finally be able to see Harry Reid front and center. No longer able to hide under the curtain that the state-run media provides.

The people won't like what they see. Not at all. Reid is the ghoul who is at the epicenter the Socialist movement.

If you don't think American's won't want to vomit every time they see that fool on TV, trying to explain why the government is shut down, you're sadly mistaken.

Posting while drunk isn't wise.

BTW, whenever I see Boehner's over-tanned face, I'm reminded of the last dump I took. Similar color.

Taco John 09-28-2013 06:00 PM

I think when the people examine this, they'll see that it wasn't worth shutting down the government over a year delay and the repeal of a very unpopular tax. I'm not sure what Obama and Reid are thinking.

For my part, I'm comfortable with this. I feel like the Republicans offered a reasonable compromise to keep the government open and funded. If Obama and Reid don't want to give an inch, then this is on them.

pricejj 09-28-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 3925722)

BTW, whenever I see Boehner's over-tanned face, I'm reminded of the last dump I took. Similar color.

Making fun of people with dark skin. Great idea bozo.

Taco John 09-28-2013 06:08 PM

I'm actually stunned. I thought this was a great compromise. I can't believe Reid and Obama aren't willing to budge an inch and instead choose to preside over a shut down over such a small concession. I guess I have to credit them for having principles too.

I think they're making a serious mistake though. I'm pretty sure our side will hold the line in the House and get the same extension for the people that Obama granted to big business. That's an easy hill for our side to find footing and fix bayonets on.

The Lone Bolt 09-28-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3925735)
I'm actually stunned. I thought this was a great compromise. I can't believe Reid and Obama aren't willing to budge an inch and instead preside over a shut down over such a small concession. I guess I have to credit them for having principles too.

I think they're making a serious mistake though. I'm pretty sure our side will hold the line in the House and get the same extension for the people that Obama granted to big business. That's an easy hill for our side to find footing and fix bayonets on.

Like I said, this "compromise" is BS -- especially the delay.

Taco John 09-28-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 3925738)
Like I said, this "compromise" is BS -- especially the delay.

Obama is the one who is granting delays for big business. Now he's saying he's willing to shut down the government over giving the same delay to the people. If that's the hill he wants to battle on, so be it.

The Lone Bolt 09-28-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3925740)
Obama is the one who is granting delays for big business. Now he's saying he's willing to shut down the government over giving the same delay to the people. If that's the hill he wants to battle on, so be it.

The only purpose of the delay is for the repubs to buy time to repeal the PPACA. It has nothing to do with fairness. Obama should stand his ground on this.

Taco John 09-28-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 3925743)
The only purpose of the delay is for the repubs to buy time to repeal the PPACA. It has nothing to do with fairness. Obama should stand his ground on this.

I sincerely hope he does. I think this is an easy fight for the Republicans to stand their ground on at this point. All they have to do is repeat the line "we tried to get for the American people the same extension he gave to big business."

This shut down could have easily been avoided.

pricejj 09-28-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt (Post 3925743)
The only purpose of the delay is for the repubs to buy time to repeal the PPACA. It has nothing to do with fairness. Obama should stand his ground on this.

Repeal is only possible with vote, so what you're saying is utter hogwash.

By all means, Obama and the Democrats should give the people the same breaks he gave to big business.

The Lone Bolt 09-28-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3925753)
Repeal is only possible with vote, so what you're saying is utter hogwash.

By all means, Obama and the Democrats should give the people the same breaks he gave to big business.

I would expect this to be obvious. What the repubs are hoping for is to delay the PPACA so they can have another year to bash it in the press and turn the public against it. Then, they hope, the dems can be pressured into repealing it.

If they don't get that done a year from now they'll demand another year delay which will push it past the 2014 elections. If they can get control of Congress by then they hope it will make it even harder to implement the law. Ands if they don't get another delay they plan to stomp their little feet again and threaten to shut down the government.

The delay is yet another effort at repeal. Fairness has nothing to do with it.

houghtam 09-28-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3925735)
I'm actually stunned. I thought this was a great compromise. I can't believe Reid and Obama aren't willing to budge an inch and instead choose to preside over a shut down over such a small concession. I guess I have to credit them for having principles too.

I think they're making a serious mistake though. I'm pretty sure our side will hold the line in the House and get the same extension for the people that Obama granted to big business. That's an easy hill for our side to find footing and fix bayonets on.

I'm actually stunned. I thought the ACA was a great compromise, considering most of it was on the Republican agenda ~20 years ago. I can't believe Boehner isn't willing to budge an inch and instead choose to spark a shut down over such a huge concession. I guess I have to credit them for changing the principles their party used to stand for too.

I think they're making a serious mistake though. I'm pretty sure the Democrats will not only be able to stop them at every turn, but that it will hurt the Republican party much as it did in 95-96. That's an easy win for the Democrats, considering they hold all the cards.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.