The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Old OM soul - new name... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112299)

Rausch 2.0 09-28-2013 10:56 AM

Old OM soul - new name...

Haven't been here for a while.

Stopped posting shortly after the passing of one of our favorite late night drinkers.

But every new season breeds new bravado and bets and hope.

KC and Den both 3-0.

Honestly, this is how things should be. When we both had our times in our prime this is the type of season that just naturally evolved.

Sure, we both hate the Raiders but only in the way we hate the 22 year old kid with a "please give" sign that refuses to work. It's sad, wrong, and you feel sick by it but you also just walk by and not really give a $#it.

They're the Raiders. There's a reason they are what they are.

Us?

We're different. Better.

When we suck WE STILL CARE.

We still hate. I know, deep down, the greatest fear in the hearts of Denver fans is a team with a great defense and a home crowd that actually gives a $3it to be loud enough to drown out the helmet calls.

We also fear the seasoned QB able to strike at any point on the field and manage a drive at the end of the game to eat all clock and put in 7.

It may just be the Chiefs homer in me but our defense is back. Our crowd is back.

Your HOF QB is back with a lethal TE and very average running game.

It just seems DESTINED TO BE a playoff game...

DHallblows 09-28-2013 11:41 AM

It'll be hard for KC to play us in a playoff game when Baltimore/Miami and Indy make the wildcard...

Rausch 2.0 09-28-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHallblows (Post 3925604)
It'll be hard for KC to play us in a playoff game when Baltimore/Miami and Indy make the wildcard...

Balt won't be there...

DENVERDUI55 09-28-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHallblows (Post 3925604)

Regardless of the hate for KC there is no way I don't see them winning 10 games min. KC's schedule is even softer than Denvers.

Kaylore 09-28-2013 12:13 PM

Welcome Rausch! I encourage everyone to treat Rausch with respect. He's not a blathering idiot like the Chief trolls on here and he means well.

Honestly the schedule is pretty easy for the Chiefs. Reid has stopped the team from beating themselves, which honestly will get any NFL team to .500 regardless of talent. I am excited to see if you guys can turn on that late December magic. There were always some bitterly cold and difficult games in December. There was a period that Arrowhead was the most difficult place to play in the NFL in December.

Unfortunately while Alex Smith won't lose you any games, I don't think he can bring it when the chips are down. You'll need Charles and your defense to do that.

TheReverend 09-28-2013 12:15 PM

Chiefs fans are funny.

broncosteven 09-28-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 (Post 3925588)
Haven't been here for a while.

Stopped posting shortly after the passing of one of our favorite late night drinkers.

But every new season breeds new bravado and bets and hope.

KC and Den both 3-0.

Honestly, this is how things should be. When we both had our times in our prime this is the type of season that just naturally evolved.

Sure, we both hate the Raiders but only in the way we hate the 22 year old kid with a "please give" sign that refuses to work. It's sad, wrong, and you feel sick by it but you also just walk by and not really give a $#it.

They're the Raiders. There's a reason they are what they are.

Us?

We're different. Better.

When we suck WE STILL CARE.

We still hate. I know, deep down, the greatest fear in the hearts of Denver fans is a team with a great defense and a home crowd that actually gives a $3it to be loud enough to drown out the helmet calls.

We also fear the seasoned QB able to strike at any point on the field and manage a drive at the end of the game to eat all clock and put in 7.

It may just be the Chiefs homer in me but our defense is back. Our crowd is back.

Your HOF QB is back with a lethal TE and very average running game.

It just seems DESTINED TO BE a playoff game...

Until the 1st blow out at home when there is a mad rush of Camero's heading for the exits before the end of the 3rd quarter.

If you guys make it to the Divisional game then maybe we will have an easy walk to the AFC Championship game. After all the team with the best record gets to play the team with the worst schedule. That is if you continue to dink and dunk it to another 6 wins.

CEH 09-28-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3925614)
Welcome Rausch! I encourage everyone to treat Rausch with respect. He's not a blathering idiot like the Chief trolls on here and he means well.

Honestly the schedule is pretty easy for the Chiefs. Reid has stopped the team from beating themselves, which honestly will get any NFL team to .500 regardless of talent. I am excited to see if you guys can turn on that late December magic. There were always some bitterly cold and difficult games in December. There was a period that Arrowhead was the most difficult place to play in the NFL in December.

Unfortunately while Alex Smith won't lose you any games, I don't think he can bring it when the chips are down. You'll need Charles and your defense to do that.

IMO, Charles and the D is not enough to carry Alex Smith. Didn't work in SF and wont work in KC. KC will be run of the mill until they get a better QB . Making the playoffs one year and then going several years before making it again

Old Dude 09-28-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

I know, deep down, the greatest fear in the hearts of Denver fans is a team with a great defense and a home crowd that actually gives a $3it to be loud enough to drown out the helmet calls.

Absolutely correct, but we don't play Seattle until the Super Bowl and it will be on a neutral field.

Pick Six 09-28-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3925616)
Chiefs fans are funny.

Apparently, they are also very creative. Adding 2.0 to the same name, I'm sure, took a lot of thought...LOL

Archer81 09-28-2013 02:48 PM

I find it hard to believe Chief fans cared. Narrowhead looked awfully empty the last few years.

:Broncos:

DENVERDUI55 09-28-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

We still hate. I know, deep down, the greatest fear in the hearts of Denver fans is a team with a great defense and a home crowd that actually gives a $3it to be loud enough to drown out the helmet calls...

Has Peyton played in an away stadium that was loud before?

CEH 09-28-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3925668)
Has Peyton played in an away stadium that was loud before?

Yes a playoff game where he beat the chiefs I think Kc was a top 2 seed

broncogary 09-28-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3925614)

Well, what kind of idiot is he, anyway? ???

Just kidding! Rausch is a good guy from the old days. :wave:

Kaylore 09-29-2013 06:13 PM

Congratulations on beating the Giants, Rausch.