The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Clark v. Clady (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112225)

Vegas_Bronco 09-23-2013 09:07 PM

Clark v. Clady
 
1 Attachment(s)
Has accounted for 1 turnover already...This guy needs to be able to effectively pass block.

Archer81 09-23-2013 09:08 PM

Manning was sacked once tonight. Not every tackle is Ryan Clady. Clark played well enough otherwise.


:Broncos:

theAPAOps5 09-23-2013 09:12 PM

Get the **** out of here with this stupid ass thread. He had one mistake. The rest of the game was solid.

Jesus.

R8R H8R 09-23-2013 09:13 PM

Clark played well tonight. His mistake was not just holding the guy and take the penalty since he was beat. I actually feel a lot better after seeing him.

This is his first start, and it was against a pretty good DE in Houston, he will only get better.

R8R H8R 09-23-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3923179)
Get the **** out of here with this stupid ass thread. He had one mistake. The rest of the game was solid.

Jesus.

Yes.

errand 09-23-2013 09:16 PM

Like a day without sunshine.....a OM poster with yet another "we're doomed" thread.

TheChamp24 09-23-2013 09:19 PM

Well a couple things to point out on that play.
Empty backfield, 5 potential WR's. This formation you probably should expect to throw the ball fast. Manning didn't.
I highly doubt we go out in that formation very much, we don't really need to in order to exploit mismatches.

rolandftw 09-23-2013 09:21 PM

Considering how many sacks Oakland had coming into the game, felt like he did okay. One holding penalty, and one sack. He can improve but it was a decent game.

More concerned with the fumble by Ball

strafen 09-23-2013 09:22 PM

It could've been worse considering.
That was a learning experience for him.
That was just one time he got beat, and while it resulted in a turnover, it wasn't as bad. Normally under thses same circumnstances, the QB is in for a long night.
Clark did as good as he could've done, not perfect, but he gets a passing grade...

Vegas_Bronco 09-23-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3923179)
Get the **** out of here with this stupid ass thread. He had one mistake. The rest of the game was solid.

Jesus.

Hilarious! Eggshells damnit!

Watch the film again...then we talk about how well Clark did.

theAPAOps5 09-23-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco (Post 3923240)
Hilarious! Eggshells damnit!

Watch the film again...then we talk about how well Clark did.

Like I said, get the **** out of here with this lame ****. But clearly, you have to know what you are watching.........

Agamemnon 09-23-2013 09:43 PM

Chris Clark turns in a damn fine performance overall and vegas_bronco decides to make this thread. What a dip****.

razorwire77 09-23-2013 09:46 PM

With the exception of the one play that was the best performance by a backup left tackle I've seen.

theAPAOps5 09-23-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3923246)
With the exception of the one play that was the best performance by a backup left tackle I've seen.

Watch the film again, then apparently something will show up that isn't there. WATCH THE FILM

R8R H8R 09-23-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChamp24 (Post 3923195)
Well a couple things to point out on that play.
Empty backfield, 5 potential WR's. This formation you probably should expect to throw the ball fast. Manning didn't.
I highly doubt we go out in that formation very much, we don't really need to in order to exploit mismatches.

Good point. And at that point in the game, and at that place of the field, more conservative play calling there was probably warranted. A pass is OK, but protection of Manning should have taken priority.

theAPAOps5 09-23-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3923250)
Good point. And at that point in the game, and at that place of the field, more conservative play calling there was probably warranted. A pass is OK, but protection of Manning should have taken priority.

Watch the film...... ok. Just watch the film.

Agamemnon 09-23-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3923246)
With the exception of the one play that was the best performance by a backup left tackle I've seen.

I honestly didn't even notice a dropoff other than on that one play. I can see why they extended the guy.

R8R H8R 09-23-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3923254)
Watch the film...... ok. Just watch the film.

OK. But the film tonight showed that Clark played well tonight, and I don't think it will show anything different the 2nd time, but I'll give it a try.

theAPAOps5 09-23-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3923262)
OK. But the film tonight showed that Clark played well tonight, and I don't think it will show anything different the 2nd time, but I'll give it a try.

WATCH THE FILM

rolandftw 09-23-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco (Post 3923240)
Hilarious! Eggshells damnit!

Watch the film again...then we talk about how well Clark did.

Clark was the player I was watching the most. Was most interested to see how he would perform. He's not Clady, but he's at least a serviceable starting LT. Other then Manning, might be the most important player on our team. If he gets hurt, there would be some major shuffling of our line.

R8R H8R 09-23-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3923256)
I honestly didn't even notice a dropoff other than on that one play. I can see why they extended the guy.

It's worth noting that apparently they agreed on the extension on the Friday before the game; but he didn't sign it until the Monday after. In other words, they knew what they had before the injury. Smart FO, imo.

razorwire77 09-23-2013 09:56 PM

OK, just finished watching the film and it was in fact the worst performance by a backup left tackle I've ever seen. sorry for the confusion.

theAPAOps5 09-23-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3923267)
OK, just finished watching the film and it was in fact the worst performance by a backup left tackle I've ever seen. sorry for the confusion.

Phew, thank you. I totally watched the film again as well. Man he stunk, I mean he led to at least 5 of Mannings sacks.

R8R H8R 09-23-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3923268)
Phew, thank you. I totally watched the film again as well. Man he stunk, I mean he led to at least 5 of Mannings sacks.

I just watched the film, and this thread still sucks.

KevinJames 09-23-2013 10:11 PM

Chris Clark played great other than that sack, oh well he gave a sack to a quality pass rusher get over it

at least he wasn't food all night long

we are fortunate he played good and if he continues to play as well as tonight we should be thankful.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.