The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   DAT DEFENSE! (2 weeks in a row) (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112111)

KevinJames 09-15-2013 10:59 PM

DAT DEFENSE! (2 weeks in a row)

Held Giants to 23 yards on 19 carries...1.2 ypc.

Giants were 1-11 on 3rd downs.

Despite getting flagged 13 times for 132 by horrible refs, getting put with their backs against the walls they forced 3 FGs, we all know it should of been 4 FGs if it wasn't for that horrible call against DRC that lead to the Jacobs rushing TD.

No touchdowns caught by WRs or TEs

4 Interceptions!

Only TD given up in the air was a garbage time TD to the RB.

Everyone thought we would struggle a lot because we don't have Von Miller the best player on our defense, and Champ Bailey future HOF CB, but I gotta tip my hat to Jack Del Rio, John Fox and the rest of the coaching staff on D. Linebacker play has been pretty good.

Knighton is a wall in the middle of that defense, I thought poor pre-season but wow does he look great with Vickerson the last 2 games, I am so excited about this and hope the play continues. Nacho brings that physical presence we have been lacking. DRC young potential to be a shutdown corner we need to lock this guy up along with Harris. Trevathan flys around and makes plays, that blitz he had wooo nice he needs to stay at WLB and Wood stays at MLB when Von comes back I love this LB core. Too many guys to name kudos to all.

[[Currently the #1 Rush Defense in the NFL through 2 weeks allowing only 40 yds a game, 2.0 ypc]]
[[Giving up only 55% completion percentage to QBs through 2 weeks]]
[[And my favorite stat 27% 3rd down conversion percentage through 2 weeks]]

Just like Nacho says.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>We ain't even got Champ or Von back yet. That's scary.</p>&mdash; Duke Ihenacho (@NachoLyfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/NachoLyfe/statuses/379420200887918592">September 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kaylore 09-15-2013 11:02 PM

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/4/45/Dat_ass.jpg

Doggcow 09-15-2013 11:05 PM

If the Defense keeps playing at this level I won't even be worried about Von and Champ!

Mogulseeker 09-15-2013 11:06 PM

When we finally get a pass rush w/Von, this team will be scary.

I really believe this is the best team in the NFL, and it's the first time I've though that in a long time.

09-15-2013 11:07 PM

Lots of garbage yards and points the last two weeks that are going to get them underrated by the stat readers who call themselves analysts on ESPN and NFLN, but the truth is they are pretty damn good, even without Champ and Von.

KevinJames 09-15-2013 11:08 PM

Oh yeah this doesn't hurt either

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/190a...f/original.gif
I got this D in fantasy and he gives me points so I include him as part of the defense ROFL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3916965)

I was just about to post that in the main post but you posting it right after my post it is just as good! :strong:

snowspot66 09-15-2013 11:38 PM

Holy **** I just realised that on Holiday's return TD he only had one or two blocks from our guys. Half of our guys were on the other side of the field and only show up after he runs by them. Damn he's fast.

09-15-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowspot66 (Post 3916983)
Holy **** I just realised that on Holiday's return TD he only had one or two blocks from our guys. Half of our guys were on the other side of the field and only show up after he runs by them. Damn he's fast.

Yeah, just watch those Giants players falling all over each other trying to catch him in that replay gif. It's crazy.

Bronco X 09-15-2013 11:48 PM

If you had told me we would have won the first two games of the schedule (against the last two Super Bowl winners) by a combined 40 points without Von and Champ, I'd have been planning a parade a couple of weeks ago. As it is, I'm being a bit more cautious. Aside from requesting 2/2/2014 off.

KevinJames 09-15-2013 11:58 PM

My biggest concern on D coming into the season besides losing doom was our safeties and man thats like the position that is shining big time right they are head hunters I love it, btw that call against Moore was BS and he won't get fined. Also when I say head hunters I mean that in a good way solid legal hits that can jar the ball lose and put an end to drives, both Moore and Nacho have been attacking the ball relentlessly :strong:

09-16-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJames (Post 3916993)
My biggest concern on D coming into the season besides losing doom was our safeties and man thats like the position that is shining big time right they are head hunters I love it, btw that call against Moore was BS and he won't get fined. Also when I say head hunters I mean that in a good way solid legal hits that can jar the ball lose and put an end to drives, both Moore and Nacho have been attacking the ball relentlessly :strong:

Our entire secondary is playing awesome. Even Tony Carter is constantly in good position. He just needs to play smarter.

Bronco Yoda 09-16-2013 12:12 AM

I love the aggressive nature of this D. They were flying around today. The score did not reflect just how well they played with all those BS calls. The run D was stout.

09-16-2013 01:17 AM

I loved the attitude that the D brought today. It's been awhile since I have seen such hard hits and attitude. It was great seeing the D shut that stupid look at me I'm charming soft dance Jacobs does. Danny T is really turning into a good lb too.

McDman 09-16-2013 05:26 AM

I still wish we had Doom. Sometimes our pass rush disappears.

gunns 09-16-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

This. This. This. I've worried about our safety position since Atwater left. Lynch and Dawkins were nice but these guys are all over the place disrupting things. And yes the corners are amazing too. Finally a defense! When Von gets back I may go crazy!

09-16-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDman (Post 3917016)
I still wish we had Doom. Sometimes our pass rush disappears.

There usually is no pass rush without bringing 6. Only obvious weakness on this team.

Atwater His Ass 09-16-2013 07:17 AM

Pass rush still a huge concern. Couldn't get pressure at all and very concerned about Phillips just disappearing all game. We got guys that can stop the run, need someonoe to step up and fill Doom's pass rushing void.

orange skier 09-16-2013 07:27 AM

Did not see Shaun Phillips......interesting.....Wolfe and Ayers at the ends all game and Irving played the whole game....wow

gyldenlove 09-16-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowspot66 (Post 3916983)

The advantage of having a former NCAA 100 m champion, nobody on the field will catch him.

55CrushEm 09-16-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Agreed. Moore is playing very well. In regards to the hit....he did the same thing last week when he hit Dallas Clark.....there was no helmet to helmet.....just a beautiful lowering of the shoulder, delivered to the chest.

DivineLegion 09-16-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3917071)
The advantage of having a former NCAA 100 m champion, nobody on the field will catch him.

Flip is a beast!

55CrushEm 09-16-2013 07:42 AM

Von Miller back, and Nate Irving out will be a MAJOR upgrade. Can't wait.

outdoor_miner 09-16-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass (Post 3917065)
Pass rush still a huge concern. Couldn't get pressure at all and very concerned about Phillips just disappearing all game. We got guys that can stop the run, need someonoe to step up and fill Doom's pass rushing void.

I don't know, man... 3 sacks one game (against a backup LT), and 0 sacks the next (pretty much disappeared). That feels like a Doom game to me. I loved the guy, but he was inconsistent. Think we'll just have to wait to see how the whole year plays out before we can make a call of how much Doom was missed.

09-16-2013 08:15 AM

I wonder how much Nacho's fine is going to be for blowing up Myers when he was just running his pass route.

09-16-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 55CrushEm (Post 3917080)
Von Miller back, and Nate Irving out will be a MAJOR upgrade. Can't wait.

I don't remember seeing Nate Irving on defense at all yesterday...