The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Former Broncos - Transactions (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111864)

DomCasual 08-27-2013 05:05 PM

Former Broncos - Transactions
 
I'm always interested this time of year to see what's happening with former Broncos, trying to make other teams.

This is the thread for that!

I'll start with this one.

Today, the Arizona Cardinals signed TE Richard Quinn.

I always felt that Quinn had something of a mercurial career here in Denver. What I mean by that is that while he was here, he may as well have been on the planet Mercury.

It's a good thing we never wasted a draft pick on him.

Any other transactions regarding former Broncos?

Rohirrim 08-27-2013 05:11 PM

I heard we're bringing Vaughan Hebron back.

DomCasual 08-27-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3902608)
I heard we're bringing Vaughan Hebron back.

Vaughn Hebron can't hear you mocking him, because his ears are clogged with his two Super Bowl rings.

DomCasual 08-27-2013 05:18 PM

Chris Gronkowski was put in injured reserve by the Chuggers.

08-27-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomCasual (Post 3902611)
Vaughn Hebron can't hear you mocking him, because his ears are clogged with his two Super Bowl rings.

Rings don't plug any holes.

DomCasual 08-27-2013 05:33 PM

Okay, this will give me four of the first five posts in the thread. I've never handed out REP as fast as I've been giving it to myself in this thread.

The Buccaneers waived QB Adam Weber and FB Spencer Larsen (NOOOOOOOOOOOO!). I have to admit. I love me some Spencer Larsen.

They also signed a TE named Mike Shanahan. I think Shanahan is a bit undersized to play TE.

CEH 08-27-2013 05:37 PM

Good ole Tracey Porter may show up on the waiver wire next cut down

DomCasual 08-27-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3902632)
Rings don't plug any holes.

They do if you use enough Vaseline.

broncosteven 08-27-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEH (Post 3902640)
Good ole Tracey Porter may show up on the waiver wire next cut down

It was funny watching the Raiders/Saints game this PS. The homer color commentator was reliving the Aints SB win every time Porter made a play, which was once, and then as he kept getting burnt he started slowing his roll and I think deep down inside he actually started to come to the conclusion he wasn't any good anymore.

baja 08-27-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3902632)
Rings don't plug any holes.

No but when worn as ear rings they set up a harmonic that cancels out speech frequencies.

broncogary 08-27-2013 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=DomCasual;3902603]I'm always interested this time of year to see what's happening with former Broncos, trying to make other teams.

This is the thread for that!

I'll start with this one.

Today, the Arizona Cardinals signed TE Richard Quinn.

I always felt that Quinn had something of a mercurial career here in Denver. What I mean by that is that while he was here, he may as well have been on the planet Mercury.

It's a good thing we never wasted a draft pick on him
Any other transactions regarding former Broncos?[/QUOTE)

I think Quinn was just cut the other day by the Bengals. His brother, Robert, is an up and coming DE for the Rams.

errand 08-27-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3902693)
No but when worn as ear rings they set up a harmonic that cancels out speech frequencies.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...8fljp5KSNHGgpw

pricejj 08-27-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3902646)
It was funny watching the Raiders/Saints game this PS. The homer color commentator was reliving the Aints SB win every time Porter made a play, which was once, and then as he kept getting burnt he started slowing his roll and I think deep down inside he actually started to come to the conclusion he wasn't any good anymore.

Porter is good. He's just never healthy.

cmhargrove 08-27-2013 09:16 PM

Niko Koutouvides cut by the pats. Get em while he's hot!

MABroncoFan 08-27-2013 09:39 PM

I think the 49ers put Darcel McBath on IR recently.

boppool 08-27-2013 10:10 PM

Another former Broncos' FB Chris Gronkowski was released by Sandy Eggo.

extralife 08-27-2013 10:38 PM

Richard Quinn got cut on hard knocks. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would

broncosteven 08-28-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3902700)
Porter is good. He's just never healthy.

Porter USED to be good.

He was inactive after he was hurt last year because Chris Harris and Tony Carter were better.

In the Oakland Saints PS game he was getting owned all night. I cannot wait until we play the Raiders in week 3.

s0phr0syne 08-28-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncogary (Post 3902698)

I think Quinn was just cut the other day by the Bengals. His brother, Robert, is an up and coming DE for the Rams.


:unamused:



:notthissh

Kaylore 08-28-2013 01:28 PM

Jupiter.

maven 08-28-2013 01:32 PM

Tebow is still on the Patriots roster.

HorseHead 08-28-2013 01:39 PM

I know he had a cup of coffee here, but Drayton Florence (Panthers) took a pick to the house at some point this pre season...

08-28-2013 01:49 PM

What is John "hardhat" Engelberger doing these days? Probably golfing with Nate Webster, Lowery and Tic Alexander. Boss Bailey was there but view a knee out playing golf.

Kaylore 08-28-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 (Post 3903128)
What is John "hardhat" Engelberger doing these days? Probably golfing with Nate Webster, Lowery and Tic Alexander. Boss Bailey was there but view a knee out playing golf.

Nate Webster is in Prison. And his cell is probably smaller than John Engelberger's room that bears his own name.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2299/2...68ae3942_z.jpg

DomCasual 08-28-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3903156)
Nate Webster is in Prison. And his cell is probably smaller than John Engelberger's room that bears his own name.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2299/2...68ae3942_z.jpg

John Engelberger is my Venus!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.