The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   NFL Draft Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   2014 Draft Prospects. Stake your claims. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111799)

Requiem 08-21-2013 05:37 PM

2014 Draft Prospects. Stake your claims.

Loaded OLB class for seniors and good defensively in that area too. OL has some good prospects. Would like to keep adding to defense.

elsid13 08-21-2013 06:41 PM

Ka'Deem Carey Arizona running back. leading rusher last season in NCAA with 1970 yards. Just one of the backs like MJD that I watched and thought he will be star on Sundays.

jebures 08-22-2013 10:47 AM

Dri archer, this years tavon Austin.

jebures 08-22-2013 10:48 AM

Antonio Andrews) western Kentucky running back

OBF1 08-22-2013 02:22 PM

Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina, 6'6" 275

Best defensive player in the draft, put him on one side and with Von on the other, it would be epic like Denver has never seen.

elsid13 08-22-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3899162)

Best defensive player in the draft, put him on one side and with Von on the other, it would be epic like Denver has never seen.

Only in Madden would that be possible.

jebures 08-22-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3899162)

Way to go out on a limb there...

Rohirrim 08-22-2013 07:47 PM

CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama.

Requiem 08-22-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3899369)
CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama.

Can play inside or out and has great cover skills. I want him.

BowlenBall 08-24-2013 01:08 PM

Khalil Mack, OLB/ILB, Buffalo. Is within spitting distance of the NCAA career record for TFL and forced fumbles.

09-16-2013 01:58 AM

I want a guard at the end of the 1st. At this point I don't really know much about the best guards in college football, I just know I'm sick of Zane Beadles and want an elite presence in the middle of our line.

09-16-2013 06:50 AM

We need a DE to replace ayers if he walks . Not sure whos out there but we need one

Requiem 09-16-2013 09:38 AM

There are a lot of quality pass rushers whether it is DE/OLB. I think four or five will go this year. A few possible 1st rounders at G. Richardson out of Baylor (played LT when RGIII was there) and Yankey of Stanford. Richardson could go late first, I'd give Yankey more of an early 2(A)-(B) grade.

NFLBRONCO 09-18-2013 03:01 PM

DE/OLB at 32 perfect

ZONA 09-26-2013 01:03 PM

Well I'm pretty sure we'll be picking a few OLmen in this draft due to all the injuries we've had. I could see us picking up a LT and another Center. Not sure where in the draft but I would say it's a good bet we'll draft 2 OLmen.

Depending on how CJ looks when he comes back, and if Ball continues to improve (and fixes his fumbling issue) and with Moreno looking solid and Hillman now looking solid, I doubt we draft a RB.

I know we won't be drafting any TE's, we're loaded there. Probably won't draft any WR's either. I think we'll be looking for a DE who can rush the passer, maybe another LB'er. Always looking for another CB and DT. IMO, you almost always have to draft one of each of those 2 positions every draft.

underrated29 09-26-2013 01:22 PM

I would rate it along these lines as of now:

DE
OL (LG specific)
CB
WR

DBroncos4life 09-26-2013 05:41 PM

Adrian Hubbard OLB/DE Alabama.

columbiaskinny 10-02-2013 02:50 PM

Love me some Jordan Matthews.

Mat'hir Uth Gan 10-03-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by columbiaskinny (Post 3929432)
Love me some Jordan Matthews.

Good player.

I kinda think he's going to be our late 1st round selection to replace Decker. Really think that has a good chance of happening. We'll have to see what he times and how many elite underclassmen come out, maybe we get him in the late 2nd.

columbiaskinny 10-03-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 3929630)
Good player.

I kinda think he's going to be our late 1st round selection to replace Decker. Really think that has a good chance of happening. We'll have to see what he times and how many elite underclassmen come out, maybe we get him in the late 2nd.

What's up MUG....

I wouldn't begin to guess what his 40 is because i suck at guessing those things. I know it's still awfully early, but when the time comes and if we're unable to resign Decker (which i hope we do at the right price) and don't do much in FA regarding filling his shoes there, i would absolutely love this pick.

Requiem 10-08-2013 03:22 PM

Love Matthews, but I wouldn't spend a first on a WR in this draft. If he is there in the second that is a steal. I am guessing DL/DB will give us the best value at the end of the round.

socalorado 10-10-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem (Post 3935198)
Love Matthews, but I wouldn't spend a first on a WR in this draft. If he is there in the second that is a steal. I am guessing DL/DB will give us the best value at the end of the round.

I cant believe i am advocating this, being that STAN is an arch rival, but i think DEN needs to look at bolstering their defensive line some more. Considering that Von is a bit of an idiot, DEN could afford to look at getting a player high in this draft at DE/OLB and still not be hurt considering.

Good O-linemen can be had in the middle rounds, and DEN looks good there with PMFM running the show.
CB is an area of need, and wouldnt you know it, this is a crap year for CB's.
Wait until 2015 and go with what we got. Webster is gonna be a keeper.
LBs are awesome, and there just isnt enough of a need with this defensive system to me to take one so high. Look at depth in the 3rd-4th rounds.
Offensive weapons!?!? Really!?!? Remember Tavares King had a really good camp, and looks to be a player next year. Loaded everywhere.
Yeah, i guess if you dont personally like a current RB on the team, you could make a case, but i just dont see it until the mid rounds. RB Carlos Hyde has had some off field issues, but could be a steal in the 3rd round.
So, i just think that SS and DE/OLB are the positions that need to be addressed high in this draft. And yes, i like Nacho, but i think there needs to be better competition for playmakers at the position.
Cant believe i am saying this but,
1ST ROUND - Trent Murphy*, DE/OLB, Stanford or! Ed Reynolds*, S, Stanford

Both are big, fast with good instincts and make plays all game long.
Just my 2 cents.

columbiaskinny 10-11-2013 06:33 AM

Sup Chris?

If anyone gets a chance to see the Gamecocks play, i'd be interested to get some thoughts on CB Jimmy Legree. He's my favorite player on that defense right now. He was impressive last season in his first year starting.

Good size at 6' 190 but he's not going to light up the 40. Smart kid though, football IQ wise, and a excellent route reader and has made some crucial stops with the defenses back to the wall.

Victor Hampton is the more talented CB in the secondary but he he bites on fakes like a fat kid at McDonalds. I think Legree could be a really nice sleeper.

I hate guesstimating what rounds guys will go in because i'm usually way off but i couldn't imagine him going earlier than the 3rd. He doesn't get a lot of attention for his play but he's a gamer.

SouthStndJunkie 10-11-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowlenBall (Post 3900198)
Khalil Mack, OLB/ILB, Buffalo. Is within spitting distance of the NCAA career record for TFL and forced fumbles.

I like Khalil Mack a lot.

Another MAC player I really like as a possible mid round pick is David Fluellen, RB, Toledo.

Requiem 10-15-2013 11:13 AM

Anyone have any information on Aaron Donald out of PITT?

SSJ, what can you tell me about Jayrone Elliott (Toledo)?