The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Long Term Impact (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111790)

Rascal 08-20-2013 04:33 PM

Long Term Impact

Thinking beyond this year, it looks like Von will be in stage 3 for life. Therefore, any violation will automatically result in a year long suspension. As such, I can't see him being a Bronco beyond his rookie deal.

broncos-rock 08-20-2013 04:37 PM

Naw they will write language into the contract that everyone can live with. Nothing to see here! Move along

08-20-2013 04:40 PM

you can mitigate those risks with contract language. this isn't a reason to let a talent like Miller walk after his rookie deal.

SonOfLe-loLang 08-20-2013 04:41 PM

I can see them delaying an extension, but if he stays out of trouble, i can. This kind of talent doesn't come around very often.

fontaine 08-20-2013 04:42 PM

Not sure Von will be in Stage 3.

The 6 game suspension was down from a year long suspension that the NFL wanted to hand out.

Here's the gist of it -
NFL's case:
Von spilled his sample (getting him to stage 2), was immediately asked to provide a new one and that one was diluted (getting him to stage 3).

NFLPA's case:
The spilled sample wasn't proven to be positive, and so the next sample was diluted (but not positive for banned substances) because Miller had to drink loads of water.

So beyond the final result of him getting a "lesser" suspension from 1 year to 6 games it's not clear that he IS in stage 3 and I doubt we'll know for sure as it's supposed to be confidential.

maher_tyler 08-20-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontaine (Post 3897904)

The 6 game suspension was down from a year long suspension that the NFL wanted to hand out.

Here's the gist of it -
NFL's case:
Von spilled his sample (getting him to stage 2), was immediately asked to provide a new one and that one was diluted (getting him to stage 3).

NFLPA's case:
The spilled sample wasn't proven to be positive, and so the next sample was diluted (but not positive for banned substances) because Miller had to drink loads of water.

So beyond the final result of him getting a "lesser" suspension from 1 year to 6 games it's not clear that he IS in stage 3 and I doubt we'll know for sure as it's supposed to be confidential.

If that is true that is some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard of. How can you be treated as though you tested positive without actually testing positive? In the AF they don't care as long as you give a sample. Whenever I get popped for a random I drink as much water as possible...

08-20-2013 07:11 PM

One thing is for sure Von cost himself millions of dollars.

Broncos_OTM 08-20-2013 07:24 PM

Von better get with it. I say extend him now and get a huge discount... and yes I know he can't be extended yet

bombquixote 08-20-2013 08:11 PM

Let him rock through the playoffs, then trade him for two firsts and a second, or more, when the season's over. Some team will take a ridiculous flyer on him.

08-20-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombquixote (Post 3898015)
Let him rock through the playoffs, then trade him for two firsts and a second, or more, when the season's over. Some team will take a ridiculous flyer on him.

If you could get it I'd do it. I think teams will be wary though.

theAPAOps5 08-20-2013 08:21 PM

He absolutely will be a Bronco and be paid handsomely for it. He will also be assured that no matter what his contract will always have strict protection provisions that protect team if he is suspended for a year.

08-20-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3897990)
If that is true that is some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard of. How can you be treated as though you tested positive without actually testing positive? In the AF they don't care as long as you give a sample. Whenever I get popped for a random I drink as much water as possible...

He's actually being treated worse than if he had tested positive. Which in my opinion is nuts.

08-20-2013 10:41 PM

As long he keeps playing the way he has been. No doubt in my mind we keep him for the long run. He can grow out of the mistakes he made.

baja 08-20-2013 10:52 PM

What 20 something year old man can't squeeze out a couple of ounces of pee after he supposedly spills a couple of ounces of pee?

Maybe if your ninety you have to drink a gallon of water to pee a second time but not when your are 25

Or by deluded do they mean something such as water was added to the sample

Broncos_OTM 08-20-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3898076)
What 20 something year old man can't squeeze out a couple of ounces of pee after he supposedly spills a couple of ounces of pee?

Maybe if your ninety you have to drink a gallon of water to pee a second time but not when your are 25

Or by deluded do they mean something such as water was added to the sample

When i take a peetest iset thesample aside and finnish... i dont know anyone who doesnt

Broncos_OTM 08-20-2013 11:01 PM

10 tests a month... i wonder if they retested. The next day... it would be very telling...then there is no question. And folks like Aga can always raise questionable doubt....

Taco John 08-20-2013 11:21 PM

I don't think Von is tough enough emotionally to face the **** storm he's about to go through with the Denver media and fans. By the time his contract is up, I'd wager he's going to want to go somewhere to get a "fresh start." Heck, I don't know that he's even tough enough to play with any amount of focus when he returns. Hopefully he is, but I worry that we'll see a guy who disappears for games at a time.

Wes Mantooth 08-20-2013 11:55 PM

When I read this thread title, I am concerned about what was ingested, if Von was a better performer as a result of it and how he will perform without it.

SonOfLe-loLang 08-20-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3898084)
I don't think Von is tough enough emotionally to face the **** storm he's about to go through with the Denver media and fans. By the time his contract is up, I'd wager he's going to want to go somewhere to get a "fresh start." Heck, I don't know that he's even tough enough to play with any amount of focus when he returns. Hopefully he is, but I worry that we'll see a guy who disappears for games at a time.

This is complete speculation. He's one of the top 5 defensive players in the game. We've never had a guy like Von Miller in the history of the organization. He's going no where. Lawrence Taylor had lots of problems but the giants weren't dumb enough to get rid of him.

theAPAOps5 08-21-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontaine (Post 3897904)

Here's the gist of it -
NFL's case:

NFLPA's case:

He has also been advised by union attorneys not to answer any questions on the matter for an "indefinite" period of time.

Instead, I guess he has to take it day by day. And not touch it out of respect of the process.

baja 08-21-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM (Post 3898078)
When i take a peetest iset thesample aside and finnish... i dont know anyone who doesnt

should we take a piss poll?

fontaine 08-21-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3897990)

The NFL states any non valid sample (diluted, missed, in this case spilled, tampered with) can be classified as a positive test.

fontaine 08-21-2013 01:15 AM

Ok so from more details emerging it doesn't appear that Von is in Stage 3:

Players move to stage 3 if they have two positive tests when in stage 2 or one positive test to go with one instance when the player failed to comply with the program. The minimum suspension for a violation in stage 3 is a calendar year.

In Von's case the league wanted to suspend him for a year because he had a four game suspension from not providing a sample and possibly tampered with the sample gathering process (spilling, then diluting it).

So I don't believe he actually IS in stage 3.

maher_tyler 08-21-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fontaine (Post 3898094)
The NFL states any non valid sample (diluted, missed, in this case spilled, tampered with) can be classified as a positive test.

Which is complete BS! It's a very flawed way of doing business. It's very possible that he did in fact accidentally drop his sample...turned around and drank a **** ton of water. It happens. It's a very awkward position having another dude watching you take a piss.

fontaine 08-21-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3898100)
Which is complete BS! It's a very flawed way of doing business. It's very possible that he did in fact accidentally drop his sample...turned around and drank a **** ton of water. It happens. It's a very awkward position having another dude watching you take a piss.

Nah, I gotta disagree with that. When you have guys like the Whizzinator, and DJ providing non human samples, providing piss from vials etc then you're leaving the league no choice but to take that stance.

And players hydrate all the time but you don't hear about dozens of players getting into trouble because their piss is diluted.

Von does have asthma or some condition that does require medication so not sure that played a part in it or not but he's not blame free here.