The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Refs were in pre-season mode as well. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111760)

KevinJames 08-18-2013 05:37 AM

Refs were in pre-season mode as well.

Just came from the seahawks game tonight and I see not much has changed for referees this year still f'in us on calls like in the Ravens game.

Hillman broke the goal line should been a touchdown. (also I feel like people are being too hard on him and M Ball they ran hard tonight, the blocking was horrible)

Aaron Hester (who sucks badly) touched that backup seahawks reciever down by contact before the TD clearly yet it still stood as a TD.

Von Miller was being held all night, he pretty much made Okung his you know what.

there were a few others I got to watch the replay of the game.

:vermeil:

Oh btw Bronco nation was strong in attendance at Century Link tonight it was an awesome turn out.

SeedReaver 08-18-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJames (Post 3895808)
Just came from the seahawks game tonight and I see not much has changed for referees this year still f'in us on calls like in the Ravens game.

Hillman broke the goal line should been a touchdown. (also I feel like people are being too hard on him and M Ball they ran hard tonight, the blocking was horrible)

Aaron Hester (who sucks badly) touched that backup seahawks reciever down by contact before the TD clearly yet it still stood as a TD.

Von Miller was being held all night, he pretty much made Okung his you know what.

there were a few others I got to watch the replay of the game.

:vermeil:

Oh btw Bronco nation was strong in attendance at Century Link tonight it was an awesome turn out.

Ugh

KevinJames 08-18-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeedReaver (Post 3895813)
Ugh

Bronco country better for you? Whatever you wanna call our fan base

Personally I don't care what its called I am a bronco fan and its cool to see a lot of other bronco fans,
it was about 25% of the stadium packed with Bronco fans it really was a strong showing.

HorseHead 08-18-2013 06:44 AM

We're all a little crusty this morning...

Don't worry 'bout him..."Bronco Nation" is fine. Thanks for the update on the turnout. I bet the fans in Seattle are a little more tolerant of other fans. (?)

Going to Gillette wearing Orange is somewhat dicey. Not Eagles fans dicey, but dicey none the less. Regular season can't get here soon enough.

go_broncos 08-18-2013 07:00 AM

Why didn't fox challenge the TD call???
These are things that make you mad.
With better coaching and decisions we could have won Ravens game last year.
I just hope he realizes his mistakes and improves this year.

baja 08-18-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_broncos (Post 3895819)

As far as a gameday coach goes Fox can't hold a candle to Mike Shanahan but than who can.

Lev Vyvanse 08-18-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_broncos (Post 3895819)

:spit:
Because you can't challenge a scoring play.

SeedReaver 08-18-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse (Post 3895828)

This. And Bronco Nation is a sin. The Raiders came up with Raider Nation, and it is their title alone.

I saw a lot of Bronco fans on TV, I'm glad it was a good turnout

GreatBronco16 08-18-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse (Post 3895828)

If you're talking about the fumble return for a TD, Fox could have challenged the fumble. I thought it was clear that half his body was across the line with the ball in front before it came out. But in preseason ball, they don't have all the great camera angles at the goal line.

Lev Vyvanse 08-18-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 (Post 3895859)
If you're talking about the fumble return for a TD, Fox could have challenged the fumble. I thought it was clear that half his body was across the line with the ball in front before it came out. But in preseason ball, they don't have all the great camera angles at the goal line.

No you can't. It's auto reviewed.

Broncobiv 08-18-2013 09:02 AM

Jesus people...

You can't challenge scoring plays. You can't challenge turnovers. They are automatically reviewed.

WolfpackGuy 08-18-2013 09:05 AM

I would like to think in the regular season the Hillman fumble into the end zone would've gotten more than a 2 second (if even) review like in last night's game.

I thought Hillman was in by a fraction before it came loose, but he's gotta learn to hang onto the damn ball and remove all doubt!

GreatBronco16 08-18-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse (Post 3895864)
No you can't. It's auto reviewed.

Do they not consider the turn over and the TD two separate instances? I know the fumble ended in a TD, but I thought they were considered two separate instances. I thought I saw a few plays like that get challenged last year.

baja 08-18-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy (Post 3895870)
I would like to think in the regular season the Hillman fumble into the end zone would've gotten more than a 2 second review like in last night's game.

I thought Hillman was in by a fraction before it came loose, but he's gotta learn to hang onto the damn ball and remove all doubt!

I glad it wasn't overturned. makes the play a better learning tool.

Lev Vyvanse 08-18-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 (Post 3895871)
Do they not consider the turn over and the TD two separate instances? I know the fumble ended in a TD, but I thought they were considered two separate instances. I thought I saw a few plays like that get challenged last year.

I'll make this easier for you. Did someone score during the play?

GreatBronco16 08-18-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncobiv (Post 3895868)
Jesus people...

You can't challenge scoring plays. You can't challenge turnovers. They are automatically reviewed.

Ohh, I didn't know turnovers were automatically reviewed.

NVM then.

GreatBronco16 08-18-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lev Vyvanse (Post 3895874)
I'll make this easier for you. Did someone score during the play?

Grumpy much? :-* I just asked if they were not considered two separate instances. I figured that the ref would only look to make sure that the Seattle player had possession of the football and actually scored. I didn't think he would verify if the ball was actually fumbled before the score. Which is why I thought they viewed them as two separate instances and that the fumble could be challenged.

08-18-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJames (Post 3895815)
Bronco country better for you?

fans. Bronco fans.

Eldorado 08-18-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 (Post 3895877)
Grumpy much? :-* I just asked if they were not considered two separate instances. I figured that the ref would only look to make sure that the Seattle player had possession of the football and actually scored. I didn't think he would verify if the ball was actually fumbled before the score. Which is why I thought they viewed them as two separate instances and that the fumble could be challenged.

This here is what we in the business call a PEBKAC.

Mogulseeker 08-18-2013 09:44 AM

Meriam-Webster:

na·tion [ney-shuhn] Show IPA
noun

1. a large body of people, usually associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to possess a government peculiarly its own: The president spoke to the nation about the new tax.

2. the territory or country itself.

3. a member tribe of an American Indian confederation.

4. an aggregation of persons of the same ethnic family, often speaking the same language or cognate languages.

Origin:
1250–1300; Middle English < Latin nātiōn- (stem of nātiō ) birth, tribe, equivalent to nāt ( us ) (past participle of nāscī to be born) + -iōn- -ion

NASurfer 08-18-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJames (Post 3895815)
Bronco country better for you? Whatever you wanna call our fan base

Personally I don't care what its called I am a bronco fan and its cool to see a lot of other bronco fans,
it was about 25% of the stadium packed with Bronco fans it really was a strong showing.

Every Seahawk game I've been to over the years theres always been a ton of Bronco fans in attendance.

This year had to have been way cool with Manning and all our big names coming to town.

Quote:

Don't worry 'bout him..."Bronco Nation" is fine. Thanks for the update on the turnout. I bet the fans in Seattle are a little more tolerant of other fans. (?)
Living in their territory I really don't like their fans in general... but it's always been a good experience with friendly banter back and forth at their games.

broncos-rock 08-18-2013 09:53 AM

I honestly thought the replacement refs were back!

baja 08-18-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncos-rock (Post 3895900)
I honestly thought the replacement refs were back!

They called the game like they were auditioning for a job.

brom66an6 08-18-2013 10:02 AM

I remember in the middle - end of the 4th the announcer was saying how it was a new ref. The announcer said they had new refs doing the first two weeks of preseason to get experience and knowledge. Supposedly they are getting graded and if they do good they will be brought along and gain experience to eventually be actual refs in the league.

broncogary 08-18-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3895903)
They called the game like they were auditioning for a job.

Like they were Seattle fans auditioning for a job.Ha!