The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Eddie Royal Carted out of Chargers Park by Ambulance (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111749)

08-17-2013 01:33 PM

Eddie Royal Carted out of Chargers Park by Ambulance

Ex Bronco, a bit of a foul mouth, but still. I'm only seeing bits on Twitter thus far.

Emergency response included 1 ambulance and 2 fire trucks.

Shortness of breath. That's not good.

I couldn't imagine going to a hospital just because your wind was knocked out of you.

08-17-2013 01:43 PM

That doesn't sound good at all, read on the chargers boards he is coughing up blood, i pray for a speedy recovery never like to see any one get hurt like that.

08-17-2013 01:44 PM

Broken rib puncturing a lung is what immediately comes to mind. Hope the guy is okay.

Punisher 08-17-2013 01:48 PM

Wow Hang in there Ed

SoCalBronco 08-17-2013 01:52 PM

Not good. Definitely praying for him.

bombay 08-17-2013 01:55 PM

I really hope Eddie is ok. He's one of the good guys.

That said, wtf are two fire trucks doing responding to an injured football player? Total waste of public funds.

JimmyFocus 08-17-2013 02:16 PM

Chargers player said Eddie Royal was coughing up blood...a lot of the guys are on their way to visit him at hospital - <S>@</S>MartyCaswell

razorwire77 08-17-2013 02:23 PM

****ing horrible. Eddie was a class act in Denver. I really hope he's OK.

08-17-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombay (Post 3894503)
I really hope Eddie is ok. He's one of the good guys.

That said, wtf are two fire trucks doing responding to an injured football player? Total waste of public funds.

Yes, that's what we should focus on......

Wishing the best for Royal, that's some scary ****.

08-17-2013 02:27 PM

Fire trucks routinely respond to medical calls. This isn't new. They often get there before the ambulance and so help assess and stabilize a person. They do it here in Denver all the time.

Coughing blood? Yeah sounds like perhaps a punctured lung and the shortness of breath due to bleeding and/or a pneumothorax.

bombay 08-17-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan (Post 3894514)
Yes, that's what we should focus on......

Wishing the best for Royal, that's some scary ****.

Yeah. Totally what I'm focused on.

Get well, Eddie.

baja 08-17-2013 02:44 PM

Eddie Royal caught a pass, landed hard on his back and left Chargers Park in an ambulance on Saturday after experiencing shortness of breath.

Trainers were walking with Royal toward the team's locker room and training room when Royal stopped and went to the ground.

Trainers then worked on Royal as Mike McCoy, Tom Telesco and Philip Rivers came over to check on him.

Several minutes later, an ambulance came on to the field. Royal was placed on a board and into the ambulance, partially upright.

McCoy said Royal had a hard time breathing, and will be evaluated further at a hospital.

On his final play of practice Saturday, Royal jumped high and snagged a Philip Rivers pass -- then came down hard.

Royal made the catch in front of safety Eric Weddle.

"Phenomenal catch," Weddle said. "He was about 10 feet in the air. He just fell straight down on his back.

"Hopefully, he'll be OK. He's tough."

Said Rivers: "When a guy gets carried off in an ambulance, you just want him to be healthy, be OK, all football aside. And hopefully that's the report we'll get back soon on Eddie."

Royal had been having a strong camp, making all the practices and appearing in both exhibition games.

For the team's receiving corps, it was another blow. Earlier this month, Danario Alexander suffered a season-ending knee injury, and Malcom Floyd went down with a strained knee. Royal has been working with the first team.

cutthemdown 08-17-2013 02:45 PM

what a death sentence SD was for Royals career.

Rohirrim 08-17-2013 03:11 PM

Hope it's not a diaphragmatic rupture of some kind.

08-17-2013 03:40 PM

Adam Schefter<S>@</S>AdamSchefter<SMALL class=time>7m</SMALL>Chargers announced WR Eddie Royal sustained a bruised lung Saturday and also is being evaluated for a concussion.

08-17-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3894522)
what a death sentence SD was for Royals career.

He chose it and insulted Denver in the process.

NFLBRONCO 08-17-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3894545)
He chose it and insulted Denver in the process.

As much as I like Eddie this is 100% correct. He should have went to Washington.

Bronco Yoda 08-17-2013 03:48 PM

Ouch! I broke a couple ribs in HS football. I was spitting up blood but they said I didn't rupture anything but who the hell knows. Absolutely nothing you can do but ace wrap it as tight as you can stand. Of course you feel it with every breath.

Sodak 08-17-2013 04:27 PM

Sounds like Phyllis hung him out to dry.

broncosteven 08-17-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3894543)
Adam Schefter<S>@</S>AdamSchefter<SMALL class=time>7m</SMALL>Chargers announced WR Eddie Royal sustained a bruised lung Saturday and also is being evaluated for a concussion.

What is up with the the 2 bruised lungs in 2 days?

1st Mingo now Royal.

The next NFL Lawsuit?

Wishing a speedy recovery to Eddie, still have fond memories of his one great game vs the raiders on the 1st Monday night of the year. He has had a very "Q" type career.

08-17-2013 05:04 PM

Eddie - I'm happy I got to cheer for you for a few years, but your little ass needs to probably retire.

He had multiple concussions while playing for the Broncos.

08-17-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3894580)
What is up with the the 2 bruised lungs in 2 days?

1st Mingo now Royal.

The next NFL Lawsuit?

Wishing a speedy recovery to Eddie, still have fond memories of his one great game vs the raiders on the 1st Monday night of the year. He has had a very "Q" type career.

I would guess a coincidence. Probably taking a hit in a certain way.

08-17-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO (Post 3894547)
As much as I like Eddie this is 100% correct. He should have went to Washington.

Yeah I didn't like what he said and I let him know on Twitter. Sounds like he'll be fine, though.

Chris 08-17-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3894598)
Yeah I didn't like what he said and I let him know on Twitter. Sounds like he'll be fine, though.

What did he say?

Spider 08-17-2013 07:01 PM

Get well eddie ....Always liked ya