The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   A brave veteran Baltimore teacher tells the truth (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111643)

txtebow 08-06-2013 07:16 AM

A brave veteran Baltimore teacher tells the truth
 
http://washingtonexaminer.com/a-brav...stom_click=rss

"I have taught in the Baltimore public school system for the past two decades. What we need is better students. We have many excellent teachers. I cannot count the number of students who have physically destroyed property in the schools.

"They have trashed brand new computers, destroyed exit signs, set multiple fires, destroyed many, many lockers, stolen teachers' school supplies, written their filth on the tops of classroom desks, defecated in the bathrooms and stairwells, assaulted teachers (beyond constantly telling them to perform certain impossible acts upon themselves) and refused to do any homework or class work.

"Need I go any further? I won't even bother addressing the other 'causes' you listed. Too inane. In summary, the problem seems to be a total disregard for life that exists not only in our crime-ridden city, but also in all of the major cities throughout the United States.

"So, go blame other root causes, but please leave our city police, prosecutors and teachers out of the finger wagging."

baja 08-06-2013 07:30 AM

Just a natural progression of a broken decaying society on the verge of collapse.

08-06-2013 07:53 AM

Everyone wants a free ride. He's mostly right, and I agree with the sentiment up until "Leave Us Teachers Alone!" becomes his final answer.

The problem really is 90% moral decay. But there are still some really ****ty and even negligent teachers out there who not only can't be fired, but whose pay scale often pays them as well as the teacher of the year next door.

But at the end of the day, for the children's real problems, there is no easy fix.

08-06-2013 08:45 AM

You have to feel bad for the kids who show up that school everyday, want to learn, and have to deal with that stuff. Its part of the reason why I believe more school choice is a good idea.

baja 08-06-2013 08:53 AM

I would have to home school if I had school age children in today's United States.


http://www.infowars.com/28-signs-tha...-prison-camps/

28 Signs That US Public Schools Are Rapidly Being Turned Into Indoctrination Centers And Prison Camps



http://www.infowars.com/common-core-...ol-curriculum/


‘Common Core’ Nationalizes and Dumbs Down Public School Curriculum

Pick Six 08-06-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txtebow (Post 3888177)
http://washingtonexaminer.com/a-brav...stom_click=rss

"I have taught in the Baltimore public school system for the past two decades. What we need is better students. We have many excellent teachers. I cannot count the number of students who have physically destroyed property in the schools.

"They have trashed brand new computers, destroyed exit signs, set multiple fires, destroyed many, many lockers, stolen teachers' school supplies, written their filth on the tops of classroom desks, defecated in the bathrooms and stairwells, assaulted teachers (beyond constantly telling them to perform certain impossible acts upon themselves) and refused to do any homework or class work.

"Need I go any further? I won't even bother addressing the other 'causes' you listed. Too inane. In summary, the problem seems to be a total disregard for life that exists not only in our crime-ridden city, but also in all of the major cities throughout the United States.

"So, go blame other root causes, but please leave our city police, prosecutors and teachers out of the finger wagging."

It still goes back to a lack of parenting. These kids have no respect for authority, or property that doesn't belong to them...

Rohirrim 08-06-2013 09:32 AM

The day I accept anything printed in the buttwipe known as the Washington Examiner is the day I turn in my brain. I have a son in high school. This article is :bs:

08-06-2013 09:36 AM

Being poor is not an excuse to act like crap. That's something much of the political left still don't understand.

08-06-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushaholic (Post 3888228)
It still goes back to a lack of parenting. These kids have no respect for authority, or property that doesn't belong to them...

Dare I be accused yet again by certain members of this forum of blaming things on the political left, but such rebellion became "in" beginning in the 1960s from the radicals. Eschew authority, ignore the values instruction of your parents and elders, and give an ear to the radicals on how things are. Rebel against the establishment, rebel against society. Just rebel.

And this is basically the result.

Requiem 08-06-2013 09:51 AM

I am sure glad I went to a school in rural America with one teacher for us six kids.

Rohirrim 08-06-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3888235)
Dare I be accused yet again by certain members of this forum of blaming things on the political left, but such rebellion became "in" beginning in the 1960s from the radicals. Eschew authority, ignore the values instruction of your parents and elders, and give an ear to the radicals on how things are. Rebel against the establishment, rebel against society. Just rebel.

And this is basically the result.

Yeah. Frustrated old bags posting naked pictures of Geraldo Rivera. Hey! You kids get off of my lawn!

08-06-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3888235)
Dare I be accused yet again by certain members of this forum of blaming things on the political left, but such rebellion became "in" beginning in the 1960s from the radicals. Eschew authority, ignore the values instruction of your parents and elders, and give an ear to the radicals on how things are. Rebel against the establishment, rebel against society. Just rebel.

And this is basically the result.

I think this has more to do with the lack of values instruction than any rebellion against it. Its worst in the inner cities but a growing problem everywhere.

Rohirrim 08-06-2013 10:14 AM

BTW, for those who want to keep blaming everything on the Sixties, I have a news flash: They lost. The so-called hippies (or whatever you want to call them) marched and protested for a world of peace, harmony, inclusion, environmental responsibility and economic equality. Their movement was crushed and replaced by a world of constant war, segregation, greed, environmental degradation and the worst economic disparity in history. To blame what has happened in America on "The Sixties" is to have your head so firmly up your ass that only the high decibel noise of Fox News can reach your ****-plugged ears.

baja 08-06-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3888235)
Dare I be accused yet again by certain members of this forum of blaming things on the political left, but such rebellion became "in" beginning in the 1960s from the radicals. Eschew authority, ignore the values instruction of your parents and elders, and give an ear to the radicals on how things are. Rebel against the establishment, rebel against society. Just rebel.

And this is basically the result.

NO! They act out because they hold little hope for a future. They have nothing to believe in why should they care about school? To what end? And don't tell me higher education better job because neither I or them believe you.

You got PHD's flippen burgers for Christ's sake.

08-06-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3888268)
BTW, for those who want to keep blaming everything on the Sixties, I have a news flash: They lost. The so-called hippies (or whatever you want to call them) marched and protested for a world of peace, harmony, inclusion, environmental responsibility and economic equality. Their movement was crushed and replaced by a world of constant war, segregation, greed, environmental degradation and the worst economic disparity in history. To blame what has happened in America on "The Sixties" is to have your head so firmly up your ass that only the high decibel noise of Fox News can reach your ****-plugged ears.

Not sure you can say they 'lost' so much as they went on the payroll. :)

Rohirrim 08-06-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3888283)
Not sure you can say they 'lost' so much as they went on the payroll. :)

Some sold out. Some got crushed. The last gasp of the Left in America took place in the Jimmy Carter administration. America has been Right Wing ever since.

08-06-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3888288)
Some sold out. Some got crushed. The last gasp of the Left in America took place in the Jimmy Carter administration. America has been Right Wing ever since.

Uh wtf?

08-06-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3888271)
NO! They act out because they hold little hope for a future. They have nothing to believe in why should they care about school? To what end? And don't tell me higher education better job because neither I or them believe you.

You got PHD's flippen burgers for Christ's sake.

Yes, after they don't need a white man's education and ****.

How many with grad degrees would we have flipping burgers if we weren't exporting tech jobs and importing cheap tech labor?

Acting out because of little hope for the future is a Marxist canard. I grew up poor, raised by a single mother. We were on welfare. She taught us to be clean and not act like ****. Why is this unreasonable?

baja 08-06-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3888292)
Yes, after they don't need a white man's education and ****.

How many with grad degrees would we have flipping burgers if we weren't exporting tech jobs and importing cheap tech labor?

Acting out because of little hope for the future is a Marxist canard. I grew up poor, raised by a single mother. We were on welfare. She taught us to be clean and not act like ****. Why is this unreasonable?

Different times different vision.

What happens to the thin veneer of society when it loses it values? It gets gaping holes appearing in the sheath.

TonyR 08-06-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis (Post 3888258)
I think this has more to do with the lack of values instruction than any rebellion against it. Its worst in the inner cities but a growing problem everywhere.

Exactly. nyuk's attempts to blame this on "liberalism" is a nasty mix of ignorance and stupidity.

08-06-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3888268)
BTW, for those who want to keep blaming everything on the Sixties, I have a news flash: They lost. The so-called hippies (or whatever you want to call them) marched and protested for a world of peace, harmony, inclusion, environmental responsibility and economic equality. Their movement was crushed and replaced by a world of constant war, segregation, greed, environmental degradation and the worst economic disparity in history. To blame what has happened in America on "The Sixties" is to have your head so firmly up your ass that only the high decibel noise of Fox News can reach your ****-plugged ears.

Part of what they wanted was communism (economic equality IS communism so I assume you're outing yourself here as a communist). What you're also ignoring is the ongoing trashing of traditional morality, traditional family structure, traditional anything at all anywhere. So what we now have are a bunch of young people totally alienated from their roots and their elders and think their country is the embodiment of evil, thus looking to cling to anything BUT their country and traditions as a means to form their identities. They've turned into a bunch of self-loathing xenocentrists. In short, rejection of and rebellion against their elders, their country, their traditions, their heritage, authority, and sobriety. They tend to support any political movement or country that the US government sees as a problem. They inflate the misdeeds of the US and ignore or downplay those of everyone else. It goes on and on. Up with Hizbollah and Hamas, down with Israel.

Rebellion against their country and their elders has become more than just a fringe movement and is now not only an identity and way of life, it's the new youth mainstream culture. An upraised middle finger at society is the new sign of righteousness.

But hey, it's cool and **** cause like they were hugging trees and **** and stuff. You overlook the intentionally culturally and socially destructive aspect of the left's strategy, and THAT is what I'm referring to. They want to tear down society - in toto - and rebuild it in their image. Even the most lunatic theocratic Christian bigmouths on the reservations were never that bat **** crazy.

Unfortunately, I don't watch any cable news networks. But then again, the Fox News rumble is just another lefty canard. Please, continue.

TonyR 08-06-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3888271)
They act out because they hold little hope for a future. They have nothing to believe in why should they care about school? To what end?

Yup. That and they never learn to respect themselves or others because they're never respected themselves. If you're raised like an animal you're gonna be an animal.

08-06-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3888296)
Different times different vision.

What happens to the thin veneer of society when it loses it values? It gets gaping holes appearing in the sheath.

Yes but that isn't coming from poverty. What people experience today is NOTHING like what was seen in the Dust Bowl days. I see nobody here living off of tumbleweeds and wild rabbits for years at a time. Back then we had an intact culture and social and familial system that had yet to be undermined.

What you see today is coming from culture rot and the left's endless attempts to delegitimize traditional American society, social structure, values, and familial relations.

Once a young person views those as grotesque, there's that gaping void looking up at you, waiting to be filled with rhetoric.

08-06-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyR (Post 3888305)
Yup. That and they never learn to respect themselves or others because they're never respected themselves. If you're raised like an animal you're gonna be an animal.

Would you blame this on society or parenting?

Rohirrim 08-06-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3888303)
Part of what they wanted was communism (economic equality IS communism so I assume you're outing yourself here as a communist). What you're also ignoring is the ongoing trashing of traditional morality, traditional family structure, traditional anything at all anywhere. So what we now have are a bunch of young people totally alienated from their roots and their elders and think their country is the embodiment of evil, thus looking to cling to anything BUT their country and traditions as a means to form their identities. They've turned into a bunch of self-loathing xenocentrists. In short, rejection of and rebellion against their elders, their country, their traditions, their heritage, authority, and sobriety. They tend to support any political movement or country that the US government sees as a problem. They inflate the misdeeds of the US and ignore or downplay those of everyone else. It goes on and on. Up with Hizbollah and Hamas, down with Israel.

Rebellion against their country and their elders has become more than just a fringe movement and is now not only an identity and way of life, it's the new youth mainstream culture. An upraised middle finger at society is the new sign of righteousness.

But hey, it's cool and **** cause like they were hugging trees and **** and stuff. You overlook the intentionally culturally and socially destructive aspect of the left's strategy, and THAT is what I'm referring to. They want to tear down society - in toto - and rebuild it in their image. Even the most lunatic theocratic Christian bigmouths on the reservations were never that bat **** crazy.

Unfortunately, I don't watch any cable news networks. But then again, the Fox News rumble is just another lefty canard. Please, continue.

All I can say is, it's obviously been a long time since you've been around any young people. What an irrational train load of bull****.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.