The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Where is KM this year? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111564)

broncosteven 07-29-2013 04:33 PM

Where is KM this year?
 
Everything I have read or seen on NFL Channel or ESPN has Hillman as the defacto starter with MONEYBALL getting lots of snaps if not outright winning the starting job by midseason.

Haven't heard anything about KM in TC this year.

Is he just going to play an insurance roll again this year or does he have the threat of being cut outright?

I have heard more about UDFA CJ Anderson than KM.

Thoughts,

Gutless Drunk 07-29-2013 04:36 PM

Who Won Today - Knowshon Moreno

Aside from Knowshon's clutch pass protection mentioned above, he was the best looking running back of the Hillman-Ball-Moreno combo today, and perhaps of the entire running back corps. There was no hesitation on Moreno's part during 9-on-7 drills, and he had another nice run up the guy in 11-on-11 before getting barely tripped up on a shoestring tackle. I will note that Moreno had one fumble in team work but was able to recover it himself; otherwise it was a perfect practice for the former first round pick

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-d...-training-camp

07-29-2013 04:42 PM

Moreno will get his 100 carries or so then break down. I say keep him as 3rd down back

07-29-2013 04:45 PM

he looked good when i went to camp. bigger. still has solid hands. was practicing on special teams and w/ the 2nd teamers. i'm sure he'll have a role as long as he's healthy.

kent156 07-29-2013 04:52 PM

I think he plays a lot vs the ravens especially with a new center and he being able to pick up a blitz

07-29-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kent156 (Post 3884538)
I think he plays a lot vs the ravens especially with a new center and he being able to pick up a blitz

yeah there's that too. Aside from Lance Ball, he's the only RB who has shown he can pass protect at the pro level.

SoCalBronco 07-29-2013 04:55 PM

Exercise bike?

bap454 07-29-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy (Post 3884539)
yeah there's that too. Aside from Lance Ball, he's the only RB who has shown he can pass protect at the pro level.

Wait... what!! I thought this bum was cut.....Lance ... Ball!?! Tell me it aint so.

The Joker 07-29-2013 05:26 PM

I think we'll be going with a 2-back system of Hillman +1.

Moreno will be that guy until things start clicking for Moneyball.

Delighted to see Hillman doing well, but I still see him being best as a guy who gets 10-15 touches a game with a bigger back sharing the load. We want Hillman fresh and ready to break one every time he touches it, giving him the starting load might be too much. If he can become another Jamaal Charles then great, but it's unlikely.

Hopefully Ball can step up and be the primary workhorse, if not I'm confident Knowshon will be perfectly serviceable in the role.

07-29-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bap454 (Post 3884553)
Wait... what!! I thought this bum was cut.....Lance ... Ball!?! Tell me it aint so.

I want JJ over Lance ball. Nice dropped balls today by him. M Ball Hillman Moreno JJ. I'm good with that.

07-29-2013 05:35 PM

I hated KM til he stepped up last year and proved me wrong. I think he is a great 3 rd down back just isn't durable enough to be 1A.

theAPAOps5 07-29-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3884541)
Exercise bike?

I was going to say training room.

DivineLegion 07-29-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3884541)
Exercise bike?

LOL

Ziggy 07-29-2013 06:32 PM

Knowshon has had 4 years to prove that he's a starting caliber running back in the NFL. That ship has sailed. Barring injury, he'll never be more than a 3rd down back for the Broncos.

oubronco 07-29-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk (Post 3884530)
Who Won Today - Knowshon Moreno

Aside from Knowshon's clutch pass protection mentioned above, he was the best looking running back of the Hillman-Ball-Moreno combo today, and perhaps of the entire running back corps. There was no hesitation on Moreno's part during 9-on-7 drills, and he had another nice run up the guy in 11-on-11 before getting barely tripped up on a shoestring tackle. I will note that Moreno had one fumble in team work but was able to recover it himself; otherwise it was a perfect practice for the former first round pick

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-d...-training-camp

Dude would trip on a tater chip

DBroncos4life 07-29-2013 06:37 PM

He would be a better WR the RB.

07-29-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy (Post 3884610)
Knowshon has had 4 years to prove that he's a starting caliber running back in the NFL. That ship has sailed. Barring injury, he'll never be more than a 3rd down back for the Broncos.

I tend to agree with him being a 3rd-down RB. But then again, he could have a late resurgence a la Thomas Jones or Ced Benson.

broncosteven 07-29-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy (Post 3884610)
Knowshon has had 4 years to prove that he's a starting caliber running back in the NFL. That ship has sailed. Barring injury, he'll never be more than a 3rd down back for the Broncos.

kFc will pick him up the minute we cut him just like Q and Hillis.

broncosteven 07-29-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk (Post 3884530)
Who Won Today - Knowshon Moreno

Aside from Knowshon's clutch pass protection mentioned above, he was the best looking running back of the Hillman-Ball-Moreno combo today, and perhaps of the entire running back corps. There was no hesitation on Moreno's part during 9-on-7 drills, and he had another nice run up the guy in 11-on-11 before getting barely tripped up on a shoestring tackle. I will note that Moreno had one fumble in team work but was able to recover it himself; otherwise it was a perfect practice for the former first round pick

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-d...-training-camp

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

briane 07-29-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 3884541)
Exercise bike?

http://cdn6.staztic.com/cdn/screensh...nsbike-1-1.jpg??

extralife 07-29-2013 10:34 PM

he can block, so he won't be cut. we don't really have anyone to push him anyway.

RaiderH8r 07-30-2013 08:54 AM

If you're looking for Moreno just stake out one of these:

https://www.medco-athletics.com/imag...ucts/72440.JPG

He'll be there shortly.

socalorado 07-30-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oubronco (Post 3884611)
Dude would trip on a tater chip

Seriously. Slowshon trips on the grass in front of him.
At least he always falls forward though.
So hes got that going for him.

bronco militia 07-30-2013 09:14 AM

http://www.annaguirre.com/wp-content...nce-monkey.gif

vancejohnson82 07-30-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalorado (Post 3884807)
Seriously. Slowshon trips on the grass in front of him.
At least he always falls forward though.
So hes got that going for him.

he should've have used this as an excuse for failing his sobriety test


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.