The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   UltimateHoboW/Shotgun Camp Report 7-29-2013 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111559)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 07-29-2013 12:33 PM

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun Camp Report 7-29-2013

This is going to be a short report today. I had the worst seats ever. I had to sit at the end of the south endzone and the team was all the way on the north endzone most of the practice.

QB:

Manning: What can you say that hasn't been said. Its Manning. He targeted on Wes Welker a little bit today.

Osweiler: I felt that he had a rough day today. Had a couple balls batted down?!? The guy is 6'8" how does that happen!. He did make a nice connection with King during Goal to Go drills. It was in the North endzone so I can't give more details about how he got open.

Popps 07-29-2013 12:39 PM

Thanks for the reports.

Anyone else there today?

theAPAOps5 07-29-2013 12:47 PM

Wow, that was short!

Houshyamama 07-29-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3884319)
This is going to be a short report today. I had the worst seats ever. I had to sit at the end of the south endzone and the team was all the way on the north endzone most of the practice.

QB:

Manning: What can you say that hasn't been said. Its Manning. He targeted on Wes Welker a little bit today.

Osweiler: I felt that he had a rough day today. Had a couple balls batted down?!? The guy is 6'8" how does that happen!. He did make a nice connection with King during Goal to Go drills. It was in the North endzone so I can't give more details about how he got open.

At ASU he had a low release point, and had a problem with getting balls knocked down. Could be something he reverts to under pressure.

Requiem 07-29-2013 01:19 PM

King was a solid pick. Go deep son!

Broncoman13 07-29-2013 01:20 PM

Camp very different from what we've been accustomed to. Ky and I both thought so after it was over. Just kind of boring and not very exciting. I thought Oz looked pretty good. Big arm and good feet.

A good bit of STs work today. Decker, Welker and JJ along with Trindon taking reps as returners.

Nacho looking good. DRC looked good as well. Focused on Irving a little bit. He was running with the ones at Mike and didn't do anything that stood out (bad or good). The DLine was hard to figure. At one point you had Vickerson, Pot Roast, Sly and Wolfe on the line. I tried telling the guy next to me that Wofe was at DE in that set and be argued that it was Von. Okay, whatever.

Orton, King and Robinson all looked decent at times. We are so stacked at WR it's amazing. King got behind Champ in one on ones but was able to recover and get a hand on the ball in the back of the endzone.

Decker, DT and Welker spent a lot of time just talking to Manning between reps. Decker looked great today and DT had a couple good catches as well. At the beginning of practice they opened with 11 on 11 work and Welker toasted Bruton... Made him look silly. But Manning didn't see him and went to a TE underneath. Welker was pissed and stayed down near the endzone for a bit.

Julius had a few nice catches as well. He catches the ball so easily and uses his body nicely. I think he will have a very good year if he stays healthy.

At one point they lined up for some passing work vs the D. DT, Welker (slot), Manning, Hillman (I), Julius, and Decker. Defense didn't have a prayer without pressure. That is a nasty combination of offensive talent. I truly believe this team can a average 35 points per game.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 07-29-2013 01:20 PM

RB: The RB's did do some drills on our end of the field. The QB's and RB's did do hand-off drills and did do a new hand-off. I'll only say it has a look to freeze the DE. Today was a better day for the running game.

M. Ball: He's a big back and he's fluid in his cuts. Made a couple good cuts off the tackle/Guard combo. Also caught the ball well out of the backfield, granted it was against no coverage. Split time with the 1's and 2's.

Hillman: Played almost all snaps with the 1's. Hasn't done anything to lose that position. Caught the ball well.

L. Ball: I don't know if we are going to keep him. Had 2 drops during drills.

CJ Anderson: Made the play that got the crowd and the team wowing. ZBS off the TE and took it 50 yards to the house.

J Johnson: Uneven day. Make a play then disappear.

O-line:

The ZBS was a lot better today. It was better with the Tackle/Guard and the Guard/Center combo. The Tightend/Tackle combo needs a lot of work still because that side of the line got caved in a lot of times. Wish I could tell you more but a lot of it happened on the other side of the field.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 07-29-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3884329)
Wow, that was short!

LOL. I like to break up the report into the posistions.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 07-29-2013 01:34 PM

WR/TE: The stars of camp today! OJ was running with the 1's in the "221" set (2wr, 2te, 1rb). This is not hype. This is what is happening. OJ has better skills and abilities than Green and better size and strength than Tamme. Having Welker is going to make a world of difference this year. Stokley was good but Welker is another story. You hear him rip the field with his cuts.

I'll post more after work.

gyldenlove 07-29-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broncoman13 (Post 3884356)
Camp very different from what we've been accustomed to. Ky and I both thought so after it was over. Just kind of boring and not very exciting. I thought Oz looked pretty good. Big arm and good feet.

A good bit of STs work today. Decker, Welker and JJ along with Trindon taking reps as returners.

Nacho looking good. DRC looked good as well. Focused on Irving a little bit. He was running with the ones at Mike and didn't do anything that stood out (bad or good). The DLine was hard to figure. At one point you had Vickerson, Pot Roast, Sly and Wolfe on the line. I tried telling the guy next to me that Wofe was at DE in that set and be argued that it was Von. Okay, whatever.

Orton, King and Robinson all looked decent at times. We are so stacked at WR it's amazing. King got behind Champ in one on ones but was able to recover and get a hand on the ball in the back of the endzone.

Decker, DT and Welker spent a lot of time just talking to Manning between reps. Decker looked great today and DT had a couple good catches as well. At the beginning of practice they opened with 11 on 11 work and Welker toasted Bruton... Made him look silly. But Manning didn't see him and went to a TE underneath. Welker was pissed and stayed down near the endzone for a bit.

Julius had a few nice catches as well. He catches the ball so easily and uses his body nicely. I think he will have a very good year if he stays healthy.

At one point they lined up for some passing work vs the D. DT, Welker (slot), Manning, Hillman (I), Julius, and Decker. Defense didn't have a prayer without pressure. That is a nasty combination of offensive talent. I truly believe this team can a average 35 points per game.

Who is this Bruton you speak off? do you mean David Bitton the safety?

Broncoman13 07-29-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3884379)

Yes, yes that is exactly who I'm talk'n bout

Popps 07-29-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3884374)
WR/TE: The stars of camp today! OJ was running with the 1's in the "221" set (2wr, 2te, 1rb). This is not hype. This is what is happening. OJ has better skills and abilities than Green and better size and strength than Tamme. Having Welker is going to make a world of difference this year. Stokley was good but Welker is another story. You hear him rip the field with his cuts.

Insta-wood.

crowebomber 07-29-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3884358)
RB: The RB's did do some drills on our end of the field. The QB's and RB's did do hand-off drills and did do a new hand-off. I'll only say it has a look to freeze the DE. Today was a better day for the running game.

M. Ball: He's a big back and he's fluid in his cuts. Made a couple good cuts off the tackle/Guard combo. Also caught the ball well out of the backfield, granted it was against no coverage. Split time with the 1's and 2's.

Hillman: Played almost all snaps with the 1's. Hasn't done anything to lose that position. Caught the ball well.

L. Ball: I don't know if we are going to keep him. Had 2 drops during drills.

CJ Anderson: Made the play that got the crowd and the team wowing. ZBS off the TE and took it 50 yards to the house.

J Johnson: Uneven day. Make a play then disappear.

O-line:

The ZBS was a lot better today. It was better with the Tackle/Guard and the Guard/Center combo. The Tightend/Tackle combo needs a lot of work still because that side of the line got caved in a lot of times. Wish I could tell you more but a lot of it happened on the other side of the field.

Thanks! Rep!

outdoor_miner 07-29-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyldenlove (Post 3884379)

I hear that Bitton and Burton have been splitting reps with the 1s. It is the camp battle I am most interested in... And don't sleep on Brenton. He was a beast on Special Teams last year.

HILife 07-29-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

WR/TE: The stars of camp today! OJ was running with the 1's in the "221" set (2wr, 2te, 1rb). This is not hype. This is what is happening. <strong>OJ has better skills and abilities than Green and better size and strength than Tamme.</strong> Having Welker is going to make a world of difference this year. Stokley was good but Welker is another story. You hear him rip the field with his cuts.

fap

ludo21 07-29-2013 03:09 PM

Gerrell Robinson has been absent from most reports so far. Is this a good or bad sign from those that have been?

ghwk 07-29-2013 03:13 PM

At least no one was carted off, thanks Hobo!

DivineLegion 07-29-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3884443)
Gerrell Robinson has been absent from most reports so far. Is this a good or bad sign from those that have been?

Bad, Cecil Lammey has mentioned him a few times, and his assessment is that Robinson is still very raw. He's not running crisp routes, he's slow, and outside of his size he doesn't offer a whole lot. He's getting outplayed by Greg Orton, Tavarres King, Quincy McDuffie, and 'Mr.Excluded' Bubba Caldwell.

ColoradoDarin 07-29-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Work? Neg rep.

broncosteven 07-29-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivineLegion (Post 3884448)
Bad, Cecil Lammey has mentioned him a few times, and his assessment is that Robinson is still very raw. He's not running crisp routes, he's slow, and outside of his size he doesn't offer a whole lot. He's getting outplayed by Greg Orton, Tavarres King, Quincy McDuffie, and 'Mr.Excluded' Bubba Caldwell.

I am hearing a lot about King so far this week.

ludo21 07-29-2013 03:34 PM

ouch sucks for Gerrell I am rooting for the guy!

Maybe he will make the Practice Squad again

07-29-2013 03:39 PM

Youre reports dont match up with what the local media reports. Everyone praises osweiler . Taking ur reports with a grain of salt

Archer81 07-29-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g6matty (Post 3884462)
Youre reports dont match up with what the local media reports. Everyone praises osweiler . Taking ur reports with a grain of salt

...It is his report, and what he saw. You do understand the meaning of subjective, yes? You should take anything you do not see on your own with a grain of salt.

:Broncos:

07-29-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3884465)
...It is his report, and what he saw. You do understand the meaning of subjective, yes? You should take anything you do not see on your own with a grain of salt.

:Broncos:

Thanks for the life advice

Kaylore 07-29-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g6matty (Post 3884462)

This coming from the dude who still heaps praises on Incarcerated Bob.