The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Broncos vs Cowboys - WTF? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111529)

ZONA 07-25-2013 09:12 AM

Broncos vs Cowboys - WTF?
 
I have heard so many broadcasters say how concerned they are about this game. I've heard Big Al say it and just now some guy filling in on 104.3 just said it. And I've heard it a few times on ESPN. Seriously? WTF do the Cowboys have that is scaring everybody so much. I mean, you have to play the games and anything can happen but this is not a game I'm looking at that should be overly difficult. I could understand being concerned about going to Houston, SF, NE or Seattle or places like that. But cmon man, the Cowboys? They've been nothing but pretenders for years.

Irish Stout 07-25-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3882115)
I have heard so many broadcasters say how concerned they are about this game. I've heard Big Al say it and just now some guy filling in on 104.3 just said it. And I've heard it a few times on ESPN. Seriously? WTF do the Cowboys have that is scaring everybody so much. I mean, you have to play the games and anything can happen but this is not a game I'm looking at that should be overly difficult. I could understand being concerned about going to Houston, SF, NE or Seattle or places like that. But cmon man, the Cowboys? They've been nothing but pretenders for years.

I do not know. People seem to think that Romo is an excellent QB too. I've never seen more than occasional flashes from him.

DBroncos4life 07-25-2013 10:01 AM

Ive heard zero people say this. I also heard zero people say Irving is poised for a break out year either so...

razorwire77 07-25-2013 10:10 AM

Living in NM, I'm surrounded by Cowboy fans. The mythology of the Dallas Cowboys highlights how little many talking heads actually know about the NFL. Dallas has been bad to mediocre for damn near 18 years now. It's like the pundits think 1995 was a couple of years ago or something. Do some ****ing research.

Since the SB dynasty, they have had three 5-11 seasons (2000, 2001, 2002), three 6-10 seasons (2010, 2004, 1997), three 8-8 seasons (2012, 2011, 1999) and three 9-7 seasons ( 2008, 2006, 2005).

The 2009 team got killed in the divisional round 34-3
The 2007 team lost in the divisional round
and the 2006 team lost in the wildcard round.

07-25-2013 10:19 AM

Ok what is the big deal if Denver did lose the game which is a good possibility. It's an NFC opponent on the road. Whoopty do.

Drunk Monkey 07-25-2013 10:25 AM

I live in Dallas. For the most part everyone is prepared for yet another 8-8 7-9 9-7 team. The standard belief over here is as long as Jerra is in charge they will never be great. But just wait, as soon as they win 2 games in a row it's Super Bowl time.

07-25-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3882115)
I have heard so many broadcasters say how concerned they are about this game. I've heard Big Al say it and just now some guy filling in on 104.3 just said it. And I've heard it a few times on ESPN. Seriously? WTF do the Cowboys have that is scaring everybody so much. I mean, you have to play the games and anything can happen but this is not a game I'm looking at that should be overly difficult. I could understand being concerned about going to Houston, SF, NE or Seattle or places like that. But cmon man, the Cowboys? They've been nothing but pretenders for years.

The Cowboys always seem to lose tough games at home. Their secondary is not that good and their offensive line is subpar.

They have a great DL but I think that will be offset by Denver's line and Manning. I look for Denver to win but by 1 point or 10 points I could not tell you.

ZONA 07-25-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3882160)
I heard zero people say this. I also heard zero people say Irving is poised for a break out year either so...

Well obviously you don't listen to the radio. Don't try and call me out dude. I don't make **** up just to post here. I heard it a few times and it's just something I had a question on. I think anybody listening to 104 today would back me up. So just move on son.

ZONA 07-25-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3882195)
The Cowboys always seem to lose tough games at home. Their secondary is not that good and their offensive line is subpar.

They have a great DL but I think that will be offset by Denver's line and Manning. I look for Denver to win but by 1 point or 10 points I could not tell you.

And doesn't Manning have like some ridiculous success rate in domes, even on the road?

07-25-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3882211)
And doesn't Manning have like some ridiculous success rate in domes, even on the road?

Of course he has a great record in domes because he played home games there. In fact Manning has a great record everywhere he has laced up the cleats other than the playoffs.

DBroncos4life 07-25-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3882209)
Well obviously you don't listen to the radio. Don't try and call me out dude. I don't make **** up just to post here. I heard it a few times and it's just something I had a question on. I think anybody listening to 104 today would back me up. So just move on son.

2 = SO many. :thumbs: Did I say you are making it up? No. Do I think you take something a couple people suggest too extreme? Yes.

ZONA 07-25-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3882215)
2 = SO many. :thumbs: Did I say you are making it up? No. Do I think you take something a couple people suggest too extreme? Yes.

Oh so now you're my therapist? And since when is posting a question on a forum extreme? I would say the loser who threatened the lives of those CNN reporters on that murder case, because the guy was infatuated with the defendant, that's extreme dude. Asking why some people think the Cowboys would be favored to win a game is not exactly extreme....haha.

bronco militia 07-25-2013 11:11 AM

Kyle Orton ‏@KingNeckbeard 25 Jul 12
Football starts tomorrow? I guess I've spent too much time/$$ at this Tijuana whorehouse anyway... Hasta luego skankoritas! Off to Dallas
Expand

crush17 07-25-2013 11:11 AM

To be fair ZONA, you do tend to sensationalize things a bit.

DBroncos4life 07-25-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3882220)
Oh so now you're my therapist? And since when is posting a question on a forum extreme? I would say the loser who threatened the lives of those CNN reporters on that murder case, because the guy was infatuated with the defendant, that's extreme dude. Asking why some people think the Cowboys would be favored to win a game is not exactly extreme....haha.

Again, I'm not saying YOU are extreme. I'm saying hearing one or two people say something then making it sound so many broadcasters/reporters saying it is extreme. If anything they just needed something to talk about to fill air time.

Like with Irving. 90% of the people talking about him says this is a make or break year for him. Some how the 10% that said he would break out this year, became so many people in your mind.

Kaylore 07-25-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorwire77 (Post 3882173)
Living in NM, I'm surrounded by Cowboy fans. The mythology of the Dallas Cowboys highlights how little many talking heads actually know about the NFL. Dallas has been bad to mediocre for damn near 18 years now. It's like the pundits think 1995 was a couple of years ago or something. Do some ****ing research.

Since the SB dynasty, they have had three 5-11 seasons (2000, 2001, 2002), three 6-10 seasons (2010, 2004, 1997), three 8-8 seasons (2012, 2011, 1999) and three 9-7 seasons ( 2008, 2006, 2005).

The 2009 team got killed in the divisional round 34-3
The 2007 team lost in the divisional round
and the 2006 team lost in the wildcard round.

/thread

broncocalijohn 07-25-2013 11:32 AM

THey brought in Monte Kiffin as their Def. Coordinator. He is old and done. Such a disappointment at USC and even though that is college, that team is talented enough to be able to stop Oregon from scoring 70 points (oh, somewhere around that total). They are going to want his head once Manning finishes that defense. Bank on this.

El Guapo 07-25-2013 12:06 PM

They're also in another bind at HC. Jason Garrett has been stripped of his play calling abilities in a controversial off season move by Jerra. That pretty much means Garrett has to have a 9+ win season to keep his job or else they're going to have yet another HC next year.

In other cowgirl news; Jerra just signed away the soul of the stadium by renaming it AT&T Stadium in place of the always "Cowboys Stadium."

$$$ talks, as always.

I always follow the boys as my family are all Cowboys fans and I'm from Texas... My dad whole heartedly believes that they will be effectively trampled by the Broncos this year.

spdirty 07-25-2013 01:34 PM

That's game 5. Von miller is probably suspended for 4 games. We'll have him back and no doubt he'll be jacked up for that one.

Irish Stout 07-25-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Guapo (Post 3882252)
They're also in another bind at HC. Jason Garrett has been stripped of his play calling abilities in a controversial off season move by Jerra. That pretty much means Garrett has to have a 9+ win season to keep his job or else they're going to have yet another HC next year.

In other cowgirl news; Jerra just signed away the soul of the stadium by renaming it AT&T Stadium in place of the always "Cowboys Stadium."

$$$ talks, as always.

I always follow the boys as my family are all Cowboys fans and I'm from Texas... My dad whole heartedly believes that they will be effectively trampled by the Broncos this year.

Who is calling plays? What is the point of having a head coach if they don't delegate that kind of stuff themselves? Either fire the man or let him coach.

broncocalijohn 07-25-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3882319)
That's game 5. Von miller is probably suspended for 4 games. We'll have him back and no doubt he'll be jacked up for that one.

Jacked up on what?:giggle:

Irish Stout 07-25-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncocalijohn (Post 3882324)
Jacked up on what?:giggle:

Looking at your avatar, I am curious if your neighbor has noticed the sticker yet. How long has it been?

07-25-2013 01:46 PM

The Cowboys are going to be a mess this year.

DBroncos4life 07-25-2013 01:48 PM

The only thing I have heard about the Cowboys this year is Dez looks better then ever.

ColoradoDarin 07-25-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverDynamite (Post 3882332)
The Cowboys are going to be a mess this decade and probably the next one too, as long as Jerra is the owner/GM.

FYP


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.