The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Walton and Kuper to PUP (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111523)

MABroncoFan 07-24-2013 01:03 PM

Walton and Kuper to PUP
 
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-to-pup/20346/

bronco militia 07-24-2013 01:12 PM

fyi.....

Preseason PUP[edit|edit source]

A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-Season PUP[edit]

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season

TheReverend 07-24-2013 01:14 PM

Kuper won't be practicing? Thought he was ready to go for camp?

broncocalijohn 07-24-2013 01:16 PM

I think Koppen deserved another chance and now we will see if he can do the job against some good competition to start the season...if he starts.

broncosteven 07-24-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3881790)
Kuper won't be practicing? Thought he was ready to go for camp?

It is probably a paperwork type move for Kuper.

If they don't do it now they can't do it later so this way they can give him some extra time to sit while being able to take him off at any time they want. It only hurts if he is on it to start the season.

Let the dude heal up.

Hopefully there isn't a set back or new issue.

Requiem 07-24-2013 01:26 PM

Surprise, surprise.

07-24-2013 01:33 PM

Bad news for kuper.

07-24-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyEli (Post 3881800)
Bad news for kuper.

I didnt expect him to come out that fast anyways. This time of year I get worried about meaningless injuries. Nothing worse than seeing a slew of starters go down in camp/preseason games.

They really need to cut preseason in half IMO. 2 games

mwill07 07-24-2013 02:06 PM

if Kuper is to be released as many have speculated, this explains why. He is on PUP because he hasn't passed the physical. If he can't pass the physical he would be entitled to an injury settlement if released.

broncosteven 07-24-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyEli (Post 3881800)
Bad news for kuper.

I would say this is worse news than going on the PUP list for Kuper

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111518

I don't see them cutting a guy who can return to form, if he can't play ever again then that is another thing all together.

rugbythug 07-24-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosteven (Post 3881825)
I would say this is worse news than going on the PUP list for Kuper

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111518

I don't see them cutting a guy who can return to form, if he can't play ever again then that is another thing all together.

Visit cancelled

ZONA 07-24-2013 03:58 PM

Umm, I think if Kuper was at the stage where he wasn't going to be able to contribute at some point in the near future, they would have just released him. The fact he went on PUP, to me, means they're keeping him and they see enough progress that they feel he could come back and help this team at some point during the season.

broncogary 07-24-2013 04:11 PM

So he wasn't injured in his last game and hes PUP. When did he get hurt.

Irish Stout 07-24-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3881809)
I didnt expect him to come out that fast anyways. This time of year I get worried about meaningless injuries. Nothing worse than seeing a slew of starters go down in camp/preseason games.

They really need to cut preseason in half IMO. 2 games

I disagree. Preseason games are where you build the fringe of your roster. 2 games is about all the starters see over the 4 week period... if not less. I predict Manning will see about 5.34 quarters of action.

colorado jones 07-24-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwill07 (Post 3881821)
if Kuper is to be released as many have speculated, this explains why. He is on PUP because he hasn't passed the physical. If he can't pass the physical he would be entitled to an injury settlement if released.

Initiate Kaylore suicide watch.

On a serious note, what will Kaylore masterbate too?

Backdoormormonchicks.com?

broncogary 07-24-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colorado jones (Post 3881933)
Initiate Kaylore suicide watch.

On a serious note, what will Kaylore masterbate too?

Backdoormormonchicks.com?

Link?

RaiderH8r 07-24-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colorado jones (Post 3881933)
Initiate Kaylore suicide watch.

On a serious note, what will Kaylore masterbate too?

Backdoormormonchicks.com?

Is...uh...is that site legit?

Bigdawg26 07-24-2013 06:30 PM

I have a funny feeling Kup aint gonna be hear to long!

colorado jones 07-24-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderH8r (Post 3881952)
Is...uh...is that site legit?

Yup... I know the webhoster.




He is lives in Provo.

bowtown 07-24-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 (Post 3881954)
I have a funny feeling Kup aint gonna be hear to long!

His ears are not injured.

TheReverend 07-24-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtown (Post 3881957)
His ears are not injured.

Personal foul: Flagrant corny observation. 15 yard penalty.

bowtown 07-24-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3881959)
Personal foul: Flagrant corny observation. 15 yard penalty.

Aw shucks.

Pony Boy 07-24-2013 06:50 PM

Gibbs will plug in players that are healthy and follow his blocking scheme, and if you can't do that you won't be on the roster. It will be interesting to see who starts the season.

RaiderH8r 07-24-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colorado jones (Post 3881956)
Yup... I know the webhoster.




He is lives in Provo.

Uhhhhh.....just a minute.

pricejj 07-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3881883)
Umm, I think if Kuper was at the stage where he wasn't going to be able to contribute at some point in the near future, they would have just released him. The fact he went on PUP, to me, means they're keeping him and they see enough progress that they feel he could come back and help this team at some point during the season.

Releasing Kuper would initiate an instant $2.745M cap hit plus an an injury settlement, because he can't pass a physical. Placing him on the PUP is their best option right now.

The fact that Kuper still can't pass a physical this late in the offseason (20 months after the initial injury) speaks volumes.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.