The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   OT - Sipping drink thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111444)

HILife 07-15-2013 06:48 PM

OT - Sipping drink thread
 
What kind of liquor/liqueur do you prefer to down, straight up or on the rocks? Right now I'm drinking some 10 Cane, but I usually rotate through many different ones like, Gentlemen Jack, Belvedere, Macallan 12 year, Crown Royal and some other stuff.

Note: The original thread got moved to the OT section, I guess because it got bumped during the season. Not sure. Here it is the link if you want to see what kind of things people picked out.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=91968

ak1971 07-15-2013 06:52 PM

Peppermint Schnapps while driving to Breck

huh?? 07-15-2013 07:19 PM

Not a lot has changed for me in the past year hooch-wise.
Sippin' on some Knob Creek with my whiskey rocks at the moment.

http://americanrightsatwork.org/blog...k_duffy_01.jpg

Still down with Evan Williams when the budget's tight. Put your favorite "Jack Daniel's or nuttin'" minded person to a blind taste test. They may have a very difficult time picking their fave; or mix that in when they ask for a Jack-n-Coke. They probably won't notice the difference.

Archer81 07-15-2013 07:22 PM

I went to a restaurant in Louisville, KY called Z's Oyster Bar. At the time I was a more regular drinker but 3 rounds of bourbon nearly put me on my ass.

:Broncos:

RaiderH8r 07-15-2013 07:26 PM

Hibiki whiskey. Any age.

oubronco 07-15-2013 07:26 PM

Crown Royal on the rocks

huh?? 07-15-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3877700)
I went to a restaurant in Louisville, KY called Z's Oyster Bar. At the time I was a more regular drinker but 3 rounds of bourbon nearly put me on my ass.

:Broncos:

I used to be more of a drinker too. My typical night out w/ friends would be mostly beer until the last 1 1/2 hour before the bars closed. That's when I would switch to a single malt Scotch. Kicks the buzz into a new level. You can feel it down deep. Kinda like getting your soul drunk.:yayaya:

DBroncos4life 07-15-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huh?? (Post 3877697)
Not a lot has changed for me in the past year hooch-wise.
Sippin' on some Knob Creek with my whiskey rocks at the moment.

http://americanrightsatwork.org/blog...k_duffy_01.jpg

Still down with Evan Williams when the budget's tight. Put your favorite "Jack Daniel's or nuttin'" minded person to a blind taste test. They may have a very difficult time picking their fave; or mix that in when they ask for a Jack-n-Coke. They probably won't notice the difference.

That **** is dangerous to start drinking after you are already **** faced. I've never once had good luck drinking it.

TheReverend 07-15-2013 07:36 PM

I had a "Mayan coffee" at a resort and it had me wobbly. Still have no idea what goes in it, but I suspect it's half roofie.

Archer81 07-15-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huh?? (Post 3877707)
I used to be more of a drinker too. My typical night out w/ friends would be mostly beer until the last 1 1/2 hour before the bars closed. That's when I would switch to a single malt Scotch. Kicks the buzz into a new level. You can feel it down deep. Kinda like getting your soul drunk.:yayaya:


That was a rough week in Kentucky. Irish car bombs, bourbon, beer, vodka. My liver still bears the scars. And it was a work related trip. And I remember nearly nothing of the evenings after 8pm.


:Broncos:

cmhargrove 07-15-2013 08:17 PM

This summer has been all about Jameson's Whiskey Sours. Double the booze, add Bar-Tender's whiskey sour powder, shake it up, then top it off with a little diet Ginger ale. It's an awesome summer drink, and two of them will give you a good start to the evening.

HILife 07-15-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3877709)
I had a "Mayan coffee" at a resort and it had me wobbly. Still have no idea what goes in it, but I suspect it's half roofie.

Did you wake up in a strange hotel room, with a naked man (or men) with a beer belly and a hairy back? If not, then it wasn't roofie.

HILife 07-15-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3877714)
That was a rough week in Kentucky. Irish car bombs, bourbon, beer, vodka. My liver still bears the scars. And it was a work related trip. And I remember nearly nothing of the evenings after 8pm.


:Broncos:

Sounds like you might have had some of that "Mayan Coffee" too. Also when was the last time someone drunk posted on the Mane? I've heard about it, but I don't think I've ever seen it.

HILife 07-15-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HILife (Post 3877722)
Sounds like you might have had some of that "Mayan Coffee" too. Also when was the last time someone drunk posted on the Mane? I've heard about it, but I don't think I've ever seen it.

Holy Crap! With that last post, I just hit the magical 3500 post count. It's such a beautiful, round number. I...am...awesome.

broncosteven 07-15-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3877709)
I had a "Mayan coffee" at a resort and it had me wobbly. Still have no idea what goes in it, but I suspect it's half roofie.

You stole my favorite sipping drink, an Ice cold Pepsi and a handful of goofballs.

Archer81 07-15-2013 08:31 PM

I forgot amaretto sours. Normal drink of choice to start with. I dont care how gay it is. I like it.


:Broncos:

bowtown 07-15-2013 08:34 PM

Dark 'n Stormys, bourbon, or gin martinis in the summer.

Scotch, Toddies, or vodka martinis in the winter.

HILife 07-15-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3877726)
I forgot amaretto sours. Normal drink of choice to start with. I dont care how gay it is. I like it.


:Broncos:

<img src= "http://beyondwonderful.com/images/recipes/beverages_apple_martini_300x450.jpg" />

I'm not going to lie, I've had them both, and they taste good.

Bigdawg26 07-15-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huh?? (Post 3877697)
Not a lot has changed for me in the past year hooch-wise.
Sippin' on some Knob Creek with my whiskey rocks at the moment.

http://americanrightsatwork.org/blog...k_duffy_01.jpg

Still down with Evan Williams when the budget's tight. Put your favorite "Jack Daniel's or nuttin'" minded person to a blind taste test. They may have a very difficult time picking their fave; or mix that in when they ask for a Jack-n-Coke. They probably won't notice the difference.

I never really had Knob Creek, but I heard it taste really smooth. I like Maker's Mark and Crown if my money's tight!

bowtown 07-15-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 (Post 3877729)
I never really had Knob Creek, but I heard it taste really smooth. I like Maker's Mark and Crown if my money's tight!

Try Bulleit Rye, Buffalo Trace or Four Roses if you are sipping on a budget. I prefer all three to Maker's.

myMind 07-15-2013 08:49 PM

Nothing beats some Ardbeg, Laphroaig, or even simply some JW Red, Black, or Blue...Though blue is super pricey. I love Scotch. Scotch, Scotch, Scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.

bowtown 07-15-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myMind (Post 3877731)
Nothing beats some Ardbeg, Laphroaig, or even simply some JW Red, Black, or Blue...Though blue is super pricey. I love Scotch. Scotch, Scotch, Scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.

Laphroaig is definitely my go to when I don't want to spring for Lagavulin (aka nectar of the gods). The peatier the better in my book, though Ardbeg is a little too much on the charcoal-ly side to me.

Jason in LA 07-15-2013 09:11 PM

I'm a Jack Daniel's fan. That honey Jack is really good.

underrated29 07-15-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak1971 (Post 3877694)
Peppermint Schnapps while driving to Breck

I see what you did there.

underrated29 07-15-2013 09:20 PM

I'm a rum guy. Captain and coke does me fine.

If I have the time I love bushwackers. Super good and smooth and it's one of those sneaky drinks. You don't know how drunk you are til you try to stand up. Then you're like whoa, that's some sneaky **** right there.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.