The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   AFC West's top 40 players (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111385)

07-06-2013 07:25 PM

AFC West's top 40 players

4 out of the top 5 players are Broncos.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...c-wests-top-40

07-06-2013 07:27 PM

Wesley Woodard should be much higher and Champ should be a top 10.

TheReverend 07-06-2013 07:46 PM

Damn man, if you had told me two years ago that Von would instantly be more important to the Broncos than Clady, I'd have called you crazy.

07-06-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3874036)
Damn man, if you had told me two years ago that Von would instantly be more important to the Broncos than Clady, I'd have called you crazy.

Good point and its not because Clady has done anything wrong. Miller has just studded out! Of course two years ago who would have thought PFM would be a Denver Bronco?

07-06-2013 08:10 PM

Let us be real. Eric Decker and...Rahim Moore (like it or not one play shouldn't tarnish judgment of entire season) should be in top 15 players!

Mogulseeker 07-06-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3874032)
Wesley Woodard should be much higher and Champ should be a top 10.

WW is the most underrated player the Broncos have had in a decade.

If I know more about the hidden talent other teams have, I'd say one of the most underrated players in the NFL. It's amazing he didn't make the ProBowl last year with the stats he had.

Br0nc0Buster 07-06-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3874042)

If I know more about the hidden talent other teams have, I'd say one of the most underrated players in the NFL. It's amazing he didn't make the ProBowl last year with the stats he had.

yeah him or Chris Harris
I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone when it seems like when people talk about the Broncos no one mentions Harris

I honestly think the guy is the 2nd best(better than DRC) corner on the team just behind Champ and is arguably the best nickel corner in the league

But hes not even mentioned on this list

bpc 07-06-2013 08:56 PM

Welker behind Weddle n Rivers? Lol

DBroncos4life 07-06-2013 09:16 PM

I would take Harris over any of those CBs not named Bailey. Sean Smith is garbage.

BroncoMan4ever 07-06-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3874042)

His stat line was at a level that had only been accomplished something like 3 times in NFL history. The last to have it was Urlacher and that was like a decade ago

BroncoMan4ever 07-06-2013 10:30 PM

Truth be told I think right now Osweiler is better than Alex Smith. And Rivers is way overvalued.

TheReverend 07-07-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3874077)
Truth be told I think right now Osweiler is better than Alex Smith. And Rivers is way overvalued.

You literally have no other information other than minicamp reports to base this off of

errand 07-07-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3874036)

LOL

You would have seen Miller's LT-like potential had you not been gargling Patrick Peterson's balls during the months, weeks, and days leading up to the draft.

cutthemdown 07-07-2013 09:24 AM

I can't wait to see Brock Oswieller in preseason. I'm expecting a huge jump for him and for us all to get really excited about him. Player has a cannon, John Elway for a GM, Peyton Manning for a tutor and one of the strongest franchises in the NFL. He is in a dream position for a big strong young NFL qb.

TheReverend 07-07-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3874111)
LOL

You would have seen Miller's LT-like potential had you not been gargling Patrick Peterson's balls during the months, weeks, and days leading up to the draft.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...ztQWfvsJTEj9qw

07-07-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3874077)

Lol wut? That's pushing it............quite a bit.

cutthemdown 07-07-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by errand (Post 3874111)
LOL

In fairness though that draft was loaded for balls out NFL domination. Miller is awesome but several other teams got studs as well in the top 5 of that draft.

errand 07-07-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3874100)
You literally have no other information other than minicamp reports to base this off of

And you have no information to base your belief that he has no information

It's just his opinion....but again, you just can't help yourself

cutthemdown 07-07-2013 09:27 AM

I'm hoping the bigger DT and deeper DT rotation means that Wolfe could concentrate more on playing DE. I think him and Miller on the strongside togther could really become a deadly force. I also think if Phillips could play some SSL maybe they could have some packages where Miller moves around forcing the oline to worry where he is coming from.

cutthemdown 07-07-2013 09:28 AM

It's sort of stupid to hold someone to every draft opinion. If so you would still be calling me out for saying Jarvis Moss was going to be awesome!

TheReverend 07-07-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3874119)
It's sort of stupid to hold someone to every draft opinion. If so you would still be calling me out for saying Jarvis Moss was going to be awesome!

It's done out of insecurity.

People here attack Peterson despite being the best CB in the league BECAUSE he's been so successful.

After all, you see anyone even mentioning Dareus anywhere? :rofl:

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3874115)
In fairness though that draft was loaded for balls out NFL domination. Miller is awesome but several other teams got studs as well in the top 5 of that draft.

pretty much this. I think we can all be thankful the Broncos didn't swing and miss!

07-07-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3874122)
It's done out of insecurity.

People here attack Peterson despite being the best CB in the league BECAUSE he's been so successful.

After all, you see anyone even mentioning Dareus anywhere? :rofl:

Who cares though? I think most here would agree that Peterson is a great player. Von Miller is a great pass rusher though, which is more of a commodity. I'd love to have both, but I think elite pass rushers take precedent over elite corners.

TheReverend 07-07-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyEli (Post 3874152)
Who cares though? I think most here would agree that Peterson is a great player. Von Miller is a great pass rusher though, which is more of a commodity. I'd love to have both, but I think elite pass rushers take precedent over elite corners.

Well if we're talking right NOW I'd take Watt over both. But yes, can't go wrong there.

Crushaholic 07-07-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan (Post 3874114)
Lol wut? That's pushing it............quite a bit.

Yes. I'm all for Chiefs smack, but calling Osweiler better than Smith AT THIS POINT is insane...:rofl: