The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Things national media say about the Broncos that drive you nuts... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111371)

montrose 07-04-2013 08:18 AM

Things national media say about the Broncos that drive you nuts...

Need help brainstorming here... what are some of the things national media says/does that just drive you crazy as a Denver sports fan? Both positive and negative, here are a few I came up with...

- It's cold here
- There's no black people here
- Home Runs still fly out of Coors Field at a record pace
- Sports Authority Field at Mile High is intimidating with "savvy" fans
- Calling DT, De-MAR-iyus

Any others stand out?

RhymesayersDU 07-04-2013 09:10 AM

I don't know, the math seems to check out on all of those.

Tombstone RJ 07-04-2013 09:29 AM

--The Broncos will struggle in 2012 because Manning is not 100% and they have no talent

--The Broncos don't deserve much credit for going 13-3 because it was all Manning and they were loaded anyway

paraphrasing of course but that's the type of arguments you see by the national media.

v2micca 07-04-2013 09:42 AM

--Minus Manning, this is still the same team that went 4-12 in 2010.

I see that one a couple of times a day and it never fails to infuriate me. Its like they completely forget we drafted Von Miller.

I also get annoyed at the pundits that want to dismiss Thomas and Decker because they never had a break-out season with Tebow and Orton chucking them the ball. Normally the same tools that want to give Larry Fitz recent stats decline the benefit of the doubt with his QB situation.

Archer81 07-04-2013 09:49 AM

The loaded/not loaded argument is a tired one. Hard to go 13-3 with a below average football team.

:Broncos:

Tombstone RJ 07-04-2013 09:59 AM

--The Broncos oline sucks

--The Broncos won with TT because of the oline

--Manning elevates the Broncos oline (makes it better than what it is)

so much back and forth crap on this stuff by the national media.

underrated29 07-04-2013 10:00 AM

That Denver is some cow town.

That our air/altitude is a major major disadvantage. These players are elite. They are in the best shape of all people aside from the other pro sports players who train sure hard. Wen you are in as good of shape as they are the altitude is negligible.

It's cold here and we gets lots of snow or have to shovel snow.- I know, not directly bronco related but when the hosting of a SB comes up we get that for whatever reason.

We win because we have the worst division in football. Which is partly true, our division sucks. Has for a while, but what have the pats had to go against the past 10 years? All star dolphins? Juggernaut bills? Jets? Jets had 2-3 years where they made it on defense, now they have nothing left and before that didnt either.

Aldon smith is better than miller. The numbers are so backwards on this one. Smith is a boss! But he is no way better than Von. Smith has a couple more career sacks but all he does is rush. We know what Von does as a lb and yet he still has equal/better numbers. Von deserves that recognition as being behind JJ Watt.

Tombstone RJ 07-04-2013 10:09 AM

--Randy Gradishar's numbers are inflated because the defense was designed around funneling plays to him.

--FLIP--FLOP--

--Ray Lewis is the best MLB evah because the defense was designed around him.

WELL WHICH ONE IS YOU FRIGGEN MORONS?!?!?

Mogulseeker 07-04-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3873256)
The loaded/not loaded argument is a tired one. Hard to go 13-3 with a below average football team.

Honestly my pet peeve these days is the phasing out of verb contractions in American English.

"Feeling' good."
"Loving the Broncos season this year."
"Hard to go 13-3 with a below average football team."

^None of these are sentences.

"I'm feeling good."
"I'm loving this Broncos season."
"It's hard to go 13-3 with a below average football team."
Or even better "A below average football team wouldn't go 13-3."

^These are real sentences.

/end snob rant.

Mogulseeker 07-04-2013 10:55 AM

But seriously ... the only thing that really bugs me is when people talk about the altitude."

And Solomon Wilcotts constantly messing up player names. Who the hell is DeMario Thomas? William McGahee? James Beadles?

Archer81 07-04-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3873280)
Honestly my pet peeve these days is the phasing out of verb contractions in American English.

"Feeling' good."
"Loving the Broncos season this year."
"Hard to go 13-3 with a below average football team."

^None of these are sentences.

"I'm feeling good."
"I'm loving this Broncos season."
"It's hard to go 13-3 with a below average football team."
Or even better "A below average football team wouldn't go 13-3."

^These are real sentences.

/end snob rant.

Pain. You cause me pain, smurf.

OBF1 07-04-2013 11:28 AM

The Mile High air/stadium is a huge home town advantage. Sorry, but I have not seen it in years.

bronco militia 07-04-2013 11:34 AM

I hate the medias love affair with any east coast team. Thank god for the internet.

broncosteven 07-04-2013 11:47 AM

This might not be current but: Anything Randy Cross says.

SeedReaver 07-04-2013 12:00 PM

It annoys me that the only thing I hear NFL Network/ESPN speak about Broncos related is Clady's contract "situation." Number one, I don't feel it's much of a negative "situation," and two, the only thing they can find to talk about Broncos related is negative.

Mogulseeker 07-04-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 (Post 3873285)
Pain. You cause me pain, smurf.

It's only because you're one of the good ones on the mane :D

Mogulseeker 07-04-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3873298)
The Mile High air/stadium is a huge home town advantage. Sorry, but I have not seen it in years.

For high-performance athletes it is.

I trained hard when I was in the Navy... in Maine and Florida. I ran a half marathon no problem. Then I get back to Denver and try to run Clement park (2.5 miles) and got winded. So I talked about it with a trainer, and she says it takes about 6 months to acclimate to a new altitude with the same pace.

Since it's a matter of pacing yourself in an optimal way to maximize your energy efficiency, many athletes make the mistake of going at it with their "sea-level" pace at altitude, and they find the burn out much easier.

You'll notice you get burned out much faster from sprinting than from jogging... it's the same with altitude.

bowtown 07-04-2013 12:20 PM

I hate it when they say the Broncos are only good because weed is legal in Colorado.

07-04-2013 12:20 PM

That Denver is a haven for potheads, swarming in because of the legalization, and laying around in their own filth smoking weed.

bowtown 07-04-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3873303)
For high-performance athletes it is.

I trained hard when I was in the Navy... in Maine and Florida. I ran a half marathon no problem. Then I get back to Denver and try to run Clement park (2.5 miles) and got winded. So I talked about it with a trainer, and she says it takes about 6 months to acclimate to a new altitude with the same pace.

Since it's a matter of pacing yourself in an optimal way to maximize your energy efficiency, many athletes make the mistake of going at it with their "sea-level" pace at altitude, and they find the burn out much easier.

You'll notice you get burned out much faster from sprinting than from jogging... it's the same with altitude.

Depends on whether you are outside or on a treadmill.

Br0nc0Buster 07-04-2013 12:27 PM

Not specific to the Broncos, but I hate it when the media judges players on team accomplishments

that Patriot douche McGinnest kept going on about how Manning "cant win playoff games" during the NFL Network's top 10 countdown discussion

I even heard someone use the "but hes got no rings" argument on Champ one time

ColoradoDarin 07-04-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3873302)
It's only because you're one of the good one's on the mane :D

Random apostrophe strikes again!

Mogulseeker 07-04-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin (Post 3873315)
Random apostrophe strikes again!

Dammit. You got me.... "ones."

ColoradoDarin 07-04-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3873338)
Dammit. You got me.... "ones."

I would have let it slide, but the whole pet peeves rant post prior to it...

:)

KipCorrington25 07-04-2013 05:20 PM

Rahim Moore.