The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Will the AFC West be a tight race? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111255)

06-18-2013 07:59 AM

Will the AFC West be a tight race?

Burger Bill wants to know.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-division-race

spdirty 06-18-2013 08:25 AM

I think a better question would be...will the broncos have more wins than the chiefs, raiders, and chargers will combined?

06-18-2013 08:27 AM

Was it supposed to be last season?

Kaylore 06-18-2013 08:32 AM

Will Burger Bill do any real work?

06-18-2013 08:36 AM

It is funny that on the map, California has conceded the title to the Broncos but Nebraska and Missouri are still holding onto hope.

BroncoMan4ever 06-18-2013 09:00 AM

i don't think it will be tight, but i think the 2nd place team in the division will surprise. I think Oakland is on the upswing and San Diego is going to be a bottom feeder.

bronco militia 06-18-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever (Post 3863936)
i don't think it will be tight, but i think the 2nd place team in the division will surprise. I think Oakland is on the upswing and San Diego is going to be a bottom feeder.

LOL

baja 06-18-2013 09:14 AM

I think Denver would win the division with, God forbid, Osweiler at QB.

Durango 06-18-2013 09:28 AM

I honestly believe the Broncos will have a just slightly worse record than 2012, probably 12-4, and I don't think we will sweep the division this time.

A loss at Kansas City is possible in my thinking, otherwise (barring an injury plague), it's hard to imagine Oakland or San Diego winning either game against the Broncos.

I could see the Broncos with the #2 seed, but still advancing to the championship, but a tight AFC West race? No.

SeedReaver 06-18-2013 10:03 AM

I'm not sure I buy the Chiefs being the second best team in the division, much less going from 2-14 (in 2012) to beating the AFC's most talented team that went 13-3 last year (the Broncos). I don't think it's hard to predict that we cock slap our way to the playoffs before we meet much of a real challenge (minus NWE, HOU, and possibly NYG). Chiefs? Ha.
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/funn...2a7baf3-72.gif
It seems the "in" thing this offseason is the idea that the Chiefs underachieved and the Seahawks overachieved. I believe fans of both teams will be disappointed with their 2013 season.

Kid A 06-18-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3863928)

"The Broncos will almost certainly win the AFC West, but they also very well could not. I would not count on KC, San Diego or Oakland improving that much in one season, but I could also see it as well. The Broncos may win 13 games again. They may win fewer. Or more. Any of those outcomes seems possible. The Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders also have the potential to win more or less games than they did last season, by my estimation. One of those four teams will win the AFC West. The real question is, which one?"

There, I wrote Bill's next blog post for him. He can PM me for the address to send the check to.

errand 06-18-2013 10:20 AM

To quote John Elway the last time he was asked a very stupid question -

"Ah, no....."

broncocalijohn 06-18-2013 10:25 AM

Division wrapped up by early December, 1st or 2nd week.

Kaylore 06-18-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid A (Post 3863972)
"The Broncos will almost certainly win the AFC West, but they also very well could not. I would not count on KC, San Diego or Oakland improving that much in one season, but I could also see it as well. The Broncos may win 13 games again. They may win fewer. Or more. Any of those outcomes seems possible. The Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders also have the potential to win more or less games than they did last season, by my estimation. One of those four teams will win the AFC West. The real question is, which one?"

There, I wrote Bill's next blog post for him. He can PM me for the address to send the check to.

LOL

06-18-2013 10:34 AM

I remember the Chiefs being a very sexy pick last preseason. A lot of talking heads picked them for reasons I cannot fathom. That said, I think Denver will have the division wrapped by week nine.

Cito Pelon 06-18-2013 10:34 AM

I believe KC will improve a lot, enough to challenge SD for 2nd place. Oakland takes 4th.

SD probably same as last year, 8 maybe 9 wins. They made some changes, but I think mostly it was just change not improvement.

So no, it won't be a tight race (except for 2nd place).

ColoradoDarin 06-18-2013 10:41 AM

We might not sweep the division, just because we play in Oakland the final week - and Oz will probably start that game.

bronco militia 06-18-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid A (Post 3863972)

LOL:strong:

awesome

Cito Pelon 06-18-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverDynamite (Post 3863986)
I remember the Chiefs being a very sexy pic last preseason. A lot of talking heads picked them for reasons I cannot fathom. That said, I think Denver will have the division wrapped by week nine.

Nit-picking, but definitely won't have it mathematically wrapped up. SD won't be a pushover, neither will KC I'm thinking. I can see both in the 7-9 win range. Nine wins may be a bit high.

SD may not have the horsepower to be in the playoffs but I expect they'll be in the hunt (for a wildcard). McCoy and Whisenhunt running the offense, those guys are pretty well respected. The DC is the same so they have continuity there.

KC is much better roster-wise than their record last year, and Andy Reid is no slouch. Again they may not make the playoffs, but I expect they'll be in the hunt (for a wildcard).

theAPAOps5 06-18-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3863928)

Does eating count?

06-18-2013 01:23 PM

38% of the voters in that poll don't believe the Broncos are the clear favorite. Oh the retardation... Hilarious!

Broncos_OTM 06-18-2013 01:30 PM

Its why the games are played. Who knows. Id like to believe Denver is leading going into the first corner though

06-18-2013 02:13 PM

I don't think there will be any question that the Chiefs will be better than the Raiders and Chargers.

The Raiders are in full rebuild mode and the Chargers have major holes in a ton of places. They can't protect the QB or get pressure on the opposing teams QB.

Rivers is a below average QB when the pressure is on and the only weapon of theirs that concerns me is Gates.

FireFly 06-18-2013 02:32 PM

I very much believe that the Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers will have more wins this years. The Raiders and the Chiefs are both on the upswing although I think it will take the Raiders several years of careful planning before they can legitimately consider themselves to be division contenders.

I think the Chargers are on the way down, but also that they're better than they showed last year.

We'll win the division, but it won't be as easy as last year and I don't think that sweeping the division is a foregone conclusion. I certainly don't think we'll have it wrapped up in the first week of December.

06-18-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearLanier (Post 3864200)
I don't think there will be any question that the Chiefs will be better than the Raiders and Chargers.

The Raiders are in full rebuild mode and the Chargers have major holes in a ton of places. They can't protect the QB or get pressure on the opposing teams QB.

Rivers is a below average QB when the pressure is on and the only weapon of theirs that concerns me is Gates.

I still think the Chiefs are going to suck.