The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Immigration Reform (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111223)

ludo21 06-13-2013 02:09 PM

Immigration Reform
 
Thoughts?

I am all for a path to citizenship it is NCESSARY, but i am not sure I like the de facto amnesty to this, and lack of border security.

I am back and forth on this issue..What does the WRP forum think?

(sorry if i missed a thread)

Pony Boy 06-13-2013 02:26 PM

We need to secure the border first but the Senate has blocked that bill by a vote of 57 to 43. All this does is give the GOP the ability to stall the final passage of the bill passage.

Business as usual ...............

ludo21 06-13-2013 02:39 PM

oh ouch... i thought it would get to the house then fail

peacepipe 06-13-2013 03:29 PM

It'll pass the senate,the GOP can't afford to continue obstructing. The bill grassley pushed for on by border security was a poison pill. It would've created an unrealistic goal on closing the border,essentially nullifying the immigration bill by creating an absurd trigger which could never be realistically met.

peacepipe 06-13-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3861938)
Thoughts?

I am all for a path to citizenship it is NECESSARY, but i am not sure I like the de facto amnesty to this, and lack of border security.

I am back and forth on this issue..What does the WRP forum think?

(sorry if i missed a thread)

So for a pathway to citizenship,but at the same time you're against it cause it would be considered amnesty by some?

ant1999e 06-13-2013 05:15 PM

Citizenship no, legal status yes after securing the border or at least make a better effort to.

06-13-2013 05:38 PM

A path to citizenship is "necessary"??? Why not deportation, enforcement measures to encourage self-deportation, or work permits?

Keep feeding the hungry birds and expect to continue to be deluged with more. What we have now is a direct result of the 86 amnesty. We legalized 3 million then with some officials saying 1/3 of the applications were fraudulent. Less than 10 years later, we had a full-blown invasion and had about 7 million more new arrivals.

06-13-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ant1999e (Post 3862077)
Citizenship no, legal status yes after securing the border or at least make a better effort to.

They claimed they were going to take care of that after the 86 amnesty and they also claimed no more amnesties. We're being had.

06-13-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3862017)
So for a pathway to citizenship,but at the same time you're against it cause it would be considered amnesty by some?

It IS amnesty. Giving them ANYTHING is a form of amnesty.

06-13-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pony Boy (Post 3861946)
We need to secure the border first but the Senate has blocked that bill by a vote of 57 to 43. All this does is give the GOP the ability to stall the final passage of the bill passage.

Business as usual ...............

Good. This should be stalled and strangled in its cradle. It's a total SELLOUT of the American worker and they know it.

peacepipe 06-13-2013 05:58 PM

Hey, politically speaking I would love for the GOP to kill immigration reform. Rethugs/conservatives wouldn't see the white house for a generation or so.

06-13-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3862106)
Hey, politically speaking I would love for the GOP to kill immigration reform. Rethugs/conservatives wouldn't see the white house for a generation or so.

So American voters want their jobs handed over permanently to illegal aliens who are already taking millions of American jobs, sucking the system dry, stealing identities, dealing drugs, leaving unpaid medical bills, and lowering overall blue collar wages.

Epic liberal effing genius.

peacepipe 06-13-2013 07:56 PM

Lol there are millions of american citizens stealing identities, dealing drugs,leaving unpaid medical bills. You're FOS as usual.

Requiem 06-13-2013 08:08 PM

Diversity is scary.

cutthemdown 06-14-2013 07:21 AM

I like to hire Mexicans to do work. Its fun to sit around on a sat drinking beer watching some guy clean your yard up. Its the closest thing to being a rich person you can get. I wonder what it would cost to hire a personal assist newly americanized mexican. Say like 3-4 hours a day. Hell I bet you could get it for 10 bucks an hour. Just make him/her clean, run errands, wash clothes, do the lawn, get car washed, pick up dog ****. Hell It would be like having a robot only its a mexican.

cutthemdown 06-14-2013 07:22 AM

I wonder what is a better deal a mexican or a robot. Only the future will tell.

cutthemdown 06-14-2013 07:24 AM

Lets face it they haven't made a robot that can weed your garden and mow your lawn that really works that well. We still need Mexicans.

Requiem 06-14-2013 07:55 AM

How come nobody ever mentions the Canadian illegal immigrants in the States?

BroncoInferno 06-14-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3862169)
So American voters want their jobs handed over permanently to illegal aliens who are already taking millions of American jobs

If an illegal alien took your job, you probably have about a 4th grade education, no marketable skills whatsoever, and used to ride the short bus. The jobs you need to worry about are those being "outsourced."

houghtam 06-14-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoInferno (Post 3862356)
If an illegal alien took your job, you probably have about a 4th grade education, no marketable skills whatsoever, and used to ride the short bus. The jobs you need to worry about are those being "outsourced."

Nyuk apparently didn't watch C-SPAN when the hearings were going on for this months ago.

The idea that Americans won't work many jobs that immigrants will is not a myth. There were witnesses upon witnesses stating that even when programs were put in place to specifically target US citizens as workers for certain jobs (picking apples was the first one I remember), time and time again the American workers would quit within a week, even at jobs that were paying $12. The work was "too hard."

Besides which, even if we implemented everything he's saying, prices would go through the roof due to lack of labor, and entire crops would die in the process. Not only would we see a huge lack of food production and out of control prices, all but the most hearty agro companies would go out of business.

It's an unfortunate fact that until you find people to replace those workers.

ant1999e 06-14-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoInferno (Post 3862356)
If an illegal alien took your job, you probably have about a 4th grade education, no marketable skills whatsoever, and used to ride the short bus. The jobs you need to worry about are those being "outsourced."

Is this your description of an illegal alien?

ant1999e 06-14-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3862362)
Nyuk apparently didn't watch C-SPAN when the hearings were going on for this months ago.

The idea that Americans won't work many jobs that immigrants will is not a myth. There were witnesses upon witnesses stating that even when programs were put in place to specifically target US citizens as workers for certain jobs (picking apples was the first one I remember), time and time again the American workers would quit within a week, even at jobs that were paying $12. The work was "too hard."

Besides which, even if we implemented everything he's saying, prices would go through the roof due to lack of labor, and entire crops would die in the process. Not only would we see a huge lack of food production and out of control prices, all but the most hearty agro companies would go out of business.

It's an unfortunate fact that until you find people to replace those workers.

I blame the labor unions. They've pussified the American worker.

houghtam 06-14-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ant1999e (Post 3862389)
I blame the labor unions. They've pussified the American worker.

Congratulations.

I blame Vishnu.

It doesn't matter who you blame, it's the fact that matters, and it's not changing.

BroncoInferno 06-14-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ant1999e (Post 3862388)
Is this your description of an illegal alien?

Most illegal aliens know little if any English which, regardless of their level of education in Mexico, would make them uncompetitive with the average U.S. worker.

06-14-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoInferno (Post 3862356)
If an illegal alien took your job, you probably have about a 4th grade education, no marketable skills whatsoever, and used to ride the short bus.

Yeah, totally. Why have jobs for those Americans?

That's why we have food stamps.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.