The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "Manning Working to Ease Transition for Ball, Welker" (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111110)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 05-31-2013 05:31 PM

"Manning Working to Ease Transition for Ball, Welker"

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...d-7e30659aee10

Quote:

"Just kind of going through plays, going through games, getting him comfortable hearing audibles at the line of scrimmage," Manning said of the post-practice sessions. "Because we are going to count on him in a big way this year. He’s a rookie, but (Head) Coach (John) Fox is not going to bring him along slowly. We are going to put him in there and make him a contributor this year. So, the more repetitions we can get out here talking football, talking scenarios, I think the more comfortable he’ll be once the regular season gets here.”
It it wierd that chub a little when I hear stuff like this? LOL

rmsanger 05-31-2013 05:35 PM

don't remember Jake or Cutler ever making these kind of statements.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 05-31-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmsanger (Post 3854945)
don't remember Jake or Cutler ever making these kind of statements.

Well Cutler did workout with B-Marsh and Scheff during the offseason. Elway used to work himself in the weightroom to the point of muscle failure during the offseason.

R8R H8R 05-31-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun (Post 3854942)
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...d-7e30659aee10

It it wierd that chub a little when I hear stuff like this? LOL

I firmly believe that McGahee is blowing it by not being at the "voluntary" OTA's. Some of the local talkingheads are saying he is healthy enough to be there, but isn't. It really looks like Fox & Manning want Ball to take the starting spot ASAP!

They won't get an argument from me.

BroncoMan4ever 05-31-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3855116)
I firmly believe that McGahee is blowing it by not being at the "voluntary" OTA's. Some of the local talkingheads are saying he is healthy enough to be there, but isn't. It really looks like Fox & Manning want Ball to take the starting spot ASAP!

you don't draft a guy in the 2nd round and not want him to start. especially when the incumbent starter is coming off injuries and is having issues holding onto the ball.

Thanks for the help McGahee, but your services are no longer required.

Cito Pelon 05-31-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8R H8R (Post 3855116)

And Knowshon is still not cleared to practice. I'm thinking this is gonna be another year of thin RB's. Willis is good for another year, but he's been injured three years in a row, same as Moreno. We have two young guys, Hillman and Montee, a UDFA, Hester, Lance Ball, and Jeremiah Johnson. That's kind of a thin RB corps.

ZONA 06-01-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito Pelon (Post 3855122)
And Knowshon is still not cleared to practice. I'm thinking this is gonna be another year of thin RB's. Willis is good for another year, but he's been injured three years in a row, same as Moreno. We have two young guys, Hillman and Montee, a UDFA, Hester, Lance Ball, and Jeremiah Johnson. That's kind of a thin RB corps.

Meh, we'll be fine. I think we'll keep both Moreno and McGahee, to go along with Hillman and Ball. I know Ball is going to be good but honestly, we'll be a much better run team once the OL does a much better job at run blocking. At times they were decent, but all too often they were below average. I think Gibbs is not only here to give us a few looks in the zone scheme but to also help with driving the motivation to get these guys to improve their run blocking technique.

ShutDownPoster 06-01-2013 02:50 AM

With Balls' work ethic, skills, and college production. I have good faith that he wil be a productive runner in the NFL. Methinks all this time PM is spending with him, is to let him get up to speed in Pass Pro. That will decide how much PT he gets.

Bring him along a bit slowly in the first month ala Portis and have him start by week 5.

Chris 06-01-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3855136)
Meh, we'll be fine. I think we'll keep both Moreno and McGahee, to go along with Hillman and Ball. I know Ball is going to be good but honestly, we'll be a much better run team once the OL does a much better job at run blocking. At times they were decent, but all too often they were below average. I think Gibbs is not only here to give us a few looks in the zone scheme but to also help with driving the motivation to get these guys to improve their run blocking technique.

Your avatar is driving me nuts man Yikes!

ANTS. AAANTS I TELL YA.