The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Thomas and Beadles named to 2010 NFL All-Draft Team (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111098)

05-31-2013 03:12 AM

Thomas and Beadles named to 2010 NFL All-Draft Team

Thomas and Beadles named to 2010 NFL All-Draft Team. Decker could have made it as well.

2010 NFL All-Draft Team

BroncoBuff 05-31-2013 04:04 AM

NICE, newbie!

Threads like this one make me second-guess the 100-post rule.

SeedReaver 05-31-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBuff (Post 3854418)
NICE, newbie!

Threads like this one make me second-guess the 100-post rule.

There is more evidence to suggest otherwise. Newbies suck. Except me, of course.

05-31-2013 05:12 AM

Why is Dez Bryant ahead of Decker? Who would you rather have?

05-31-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacchus (Post 3854424)

I will always be biased when it comes to the Broncos but Dez wasn't exactly a slouch after pulling his head out of his ass.

05-31-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

yeah that was pretty dumb. who picks a white receiver over a black one lol

BroncoBuff 05-31-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

In Broncoland or OrangeMane, Decker any day of the year.

(but in the real world Dez)

BroncoBuff 05-31-2013 06:51 AM

Bradford is 1st string QB. I wonder who made 2nd string, they didn't say. Any ideas?

TheReverend 05-31-2013 06:55 AM

That's a really solid team (outside of QB). 2 of those guys are from my OM draft (Dunlap and Washington).

cutthemdown 05-31-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Dez Bryant. Him and Bey Bey would be the scariest tandem in football.

cutthemdown 05-31-2013 07:01 AM

Decker a good football player but Dez Bryant has the ability to dominant in a way that Decker doesn't. Bey Bey same sort of player. Can dominate the opponent. I like Decker he's one of the better number 2 WR in the NFL. But he is in a way lower teir then Bryant.

05-31-2013 09:14 AM

I don't get all the Zane Beadles love...he must be knocking people back every single time I blink or looked away because I didn't see much to justify it.

TheReverend 05-31-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnykbr (Post 3854498)
I don't get all the Zane Beadles love...he must be knocking people back every single time I blink or looked away because I didn't see much to justify it.

Last year he went from one of the worst to possibly the best pulling guard in the league, imo.

DivineLegion 05-31-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3854522)
Last year he went from one of the worst to possibly the best pulling guard in the league, imo.

Truth

Everyone gets wrapped up in how painful his first year as a starter turned out, and then they have a hard time wrapping their head around how good he was last season. I still daydream about him running down the sideline stride for stride with Thomas in the Steelers game blowing up defenders at a sprint. I don't get why people expect so much from linemen on either side of the ball in their first or second year when 'it is known' that most linemen take 2-3 years to fully develope, and then peak in their late 20's. it's simply a matter of physical and mental maturity that a 22 year old kid can't magically attain. There is a tremendous difference between the planned and sculpted body of a 3-13 year veteran that most of these kids have to work to attain. In truth it's tendon strength aka old man strength that takes years to develope. Beadles this year showed a huge improvement in his overall strength, he had always been quick and smart, but what separated 2011 Zane from 2012 Zane was simply a year in the conditioning program.

TheReverend 05-31-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivineLegion (Post 3854561)
Truth

Everyone gets wrapped up in how painful his first year as a starter turned out, and then they have a hard time wrapping their head around how good he was last season. I still daydream about him running down the sideline stride for stride with Thomas in the Steelers game blowing up defenders at a sprint. I don't get why people expect so much from linemen on either side of the ball in their first or second year when 'it is known' that most linemen take 2-3 years to fully develope, and then peak in their late 20's. it's simply a matter of physical and mental maturity that a 22 year old kid can't magically attain. There is a tremendous difference between the planned and sculpted body of a 3-13 year veteran that most of these kids have to work to attain. In truth it's tendon strength aka old man strength that takes years to develope. Beadles this year showed a huge improvement in his overall strength, he had always been quick and smart, but what separated 2011 Zane from 2012 Zane was simply a year in the conditioning program.

Good post, but I personally disagree with it.

I think what separated Zane from his previous work was simply contact. In 2011, we have MANY plays where he's running stride for stride with our skill position guys and in amazing position on screens ...but would barely make contact--and sometimes not at all!

That's clearly changed and I think it's the core of his progressive leap. Developing more of a mean-streak.

DivineLegion 05-31-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3854564)
Good post, but I personally disagree with it.

I think what separated Zane from his previous work was simply contact. In 2011, we have MANY plays where he's running stride for stride with our skill position guys and in amazing position on screens ...but would barely make contact--and sometimes not at all!

That's clearly changed and I think it's the core of his progressive leap. Developing more of a mean-streak.

I see your point, and I think we are both right because both physical development and willingness to engage could be cumulative developments. As in, he developed more strength and as a result was more willing to engage defenders. Confidence plays a huge role in players development, and that confidence can come from coaching, physical aptitude, or mental awareness. So you could argue, he got stronger and was therefore more willing to be a physical force on the football field, thereby putting us in agreement.

ColoradoDarin 05-31-2013 11:27 AM

Coaching. Makes a big difference when you have a guy like Magazu.