The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Colorado Fires AD Mike Bohn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111077)

bombay 05-28-2013 01:35 PM

Colorado Fires AD Mike Bohn

...Out of leftfield. No one is giving a reason yet, although the university says he resigned. He was fired. Some speculation that fundraising for new facilities was lagging, and that's the reason. Also speculation that big booster Solich was a driving force.

Tombstone RJ 05-28-2013 01:40 PM

lol. Just wait, CU will hire a woman AD.

bombay 05-28-2013 01:46 PM

That's what I'm afraid of. Ceal Berry would be bad news for football.

NFLBRONCO 05-28-2013 02:30 PM

I wish they did this BEFORE hiring a HC.

extralife 05-28-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3853254)
lol. Just wait, CU will hire a woman AD.

yeah, what is it with women being able to get jobs these days? next thing you know they'll be asking to vote!

Rohirrim 05-28-2013 02:41 PM

Took ya ****ing long enough.

Kaylore 05-28-2013 02:44 PM

This school is bass-ackwards about so many things.

I mean their credibility took a big hit when they fired Jon Embree but the let the guy who has crapped the bed with past hires get to pick the new one again. Then after the hiring, in the middle of nothing, THEN they fire Bohn.

I'm not saying Mike MacIntyre is going to be a bad coach or was a poor choice, but this makes no sense at all.

SoCalBronco 05-28-2013 02:49 PM

Herc will be happy

Tombstone RJ 05-28-2013 02:51 PM

and CU wonders why it's having trouble finding boosters to hand them millions of dollars? It's blatantly obvious to everyone except the CU administration that the school has absolutely no interest in fielding a winning men's football program. I mean, now that they are getting $20m+ dollars a year from the PAC Animal, they turn around and start a woman's D1 lacrosse team. I mean, at least field both a men and a woman's lacrosse team, why just a woman's team?

Its because a bunch of Sandy Vaginas run the school. Thats why.

bombay 05-28-2013 03:03 PM

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images...e3_normal.jpeg Bruce Feldman @BFeldmanCBS
<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 58px; HEIGHT: 20px" class="twitter-follow-button twitter-follow-button" title="Twitter Follow Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/follow_button.1368146021.html#_=1369778520644&id=t witter-widget-1&lang=en&screen_name=BFeldmanCBS&show_count=false &show_screen_name=false&size=m" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no data-twttr-rendered="true"></IFRAME>
AD Mike Bohn out at #CU: http://cbsprt.co/143DIfH Expect #TexasRangers pres Rick George to be high on #Buffs list.
2:34 PM - 28 May 2013

spdirty 05-28-2013 04:09 PM

I'll have to look George up, but right now Solich would be my first choice to replace him, if Solich wants the gig.

05-28-2013 05:08 PM

Wait, a baseball guy as AD at Colorado? Hasn't that school refused to bring back baseball for years? Oh and why on earth do you wait to fire your AD until after he hires your new football coach? Was the guy ****ing someone he shouldn't have been or something?

HILife 05-28-2013 05:13 PM

http://www.thewizofodds.com/.a/6a00e...2ddd970d-500wi

also

http://www.tailgatelot.com/storage/p...=1279041089523

Would someone please help the children! The children are the future!

pricejj 05-28-2013 05:37 PM

Thanks for the press passes for the Stanford game Mike. You're a good dude. The basketball program wouldn't be the same without you.

05-28-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3853338)
Thanks for the press passes for the Stanford game Mike. You're a good dude. The basketball program wouldn't be the same without you.

which username is Mike Bohn? Tailgatenut?

Mogulseeker 05-28-2013 08:46 PM

Tombstone isn't sexist at all, lol.

Tombstone RJ 05-28-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert (Post 3853414)
Tombstone isn't sexist at all, lol.

nope, just calling a spade a spade.

extralife 05-28-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3853418)
nope, just calling a spade a spade.

you're right, there's nothing sexist about one 1) immediately assuming and then deriding the hiring of a female, or 2) equating the promotion of female sports with a lack of moral fiber, and then couching that negative trait in gendered language.

bombay 05-28-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombay (Post 3853255)
That's what I'm afraid of. Ceal Berry would be bad news for football.

ceal berry is interem ad.

****!!!

Tombstone RJ 05-28-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3853419)
you're right, there's nothing sexist about one 1) immediately assuming and then deriding the hiring of a female, or 2) equating the promotion of female sports with a lack of moral fiber, and then couching that negative trait in gendered language.

I'm pointing out how the CU, in all it's fairness, is using the money from the conference to fund women's sports and not men's sports. The money coming from the conference is because of the men's programs like football and basketball. I'm pointing out the irony of the situation, but whatever. I don't care if CU hires a woman AD, it would be apropo anyway.

Lestat 05-28-2013 10:02 PM

and Colorado actually thought a top tier coach wanted to deal with this nonsense?
this is a damn joke. he should have been fired before Embree was.

kappys 05-29-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3853292)
This school is bass-ackwards about so many things.

I mean their credibility took a big hit when they fired Jon Embree but the let the guy who has crapped the bed with past hires get to pick the new one again. Then after the hiring, in the middle of nothing, THEN they fire Bohn.

I'm not saying Mike MacIntyre is going to be a bad coach or was a poor choice, but this makes no sense at all.

It was all down hill once they got rid of the sex parties to snare in recruits

theAPAOps5 05-29-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 3853446)
and Colorado actually thought a top tier coach wanted to deal with this nonsense?
this is a damn joke. he should have been fired before Embree was.

It is embarrassing what a cluster **** that school is, it always has in regards to athletics but it is now at a whole new level. There is no clear leadership at the top to guide or not guide the mission of CU athletics. The school leadership just floats by and changes with the wind. No real direction and asinine moves like firing an AD after he led a coaching search for the 4th head football coach in his tenure and the 3rd he has hired.

The school bows to the hippy nerd faculty who thinks the athletic department serves no purpose at all and would be better to devote energy to academia only. Ignoring the fact that one of their top alum was a football player in Byron White. Or the fact that one of their faculty members (or at least very recent) was a Rhodes Scholar and two time All-American in Joe Romig.

They want to be big time athletics........ Except they don't want to at all.

Lestat 05-29-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 (Post 3853842)
It is embarrassing what a cluster **** that school is, it always has in regards to athletics but it is now at a whole new level. There is no clear leadership at the top to guide or not guide the mission of CU athletics. The school leadership just floats by and changes with the wind. No real direction and asinine moves like firing an AD after he led a coaching search for the 4th head football coach in his tenure and the 3rd he has hired.

The school bows to the hippy nerd faculty who thinks the athletic department serves no purpose at all and would be better to devote energy to academia only. Ignoring the fact that one of their top alum was a football player in Byron White. Or the fact that one of their faculty members (or at least very recent) was a Rhodes Scholar and two time All-American in Joe Romig.

They want to be big time athletics........ Except they don't want to at all.

the sad part is, only Rutgers is saving CU from being the biggest embarrassment in college sports.

pricejj 05-29-2013 10:15 PM

Can't be that pissed about Bohn. 8 years is enough. MacIntyre was as good as they were going to find anyway.