The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Demaryius Thomas ranked #68 on NFLN top #100 of 2012 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111008)

MVP-06 05-18-2013 05:49 AM

Demaryius Thomas ranked #68 on NFLN top #100 of 2012

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100...a-Owen-Daniels

Not sure how to imbed vids but here is the link. I would expect him to break the top 40 after this year.

TheReverend 05-18-2013 07:16 AM

Even though Welker should open up more 1 on 1s it will probably still be harder to put up the #s he did last year with Wes around to the distribute the ball to as well.

...and we won't pass too often after we're up by 40.

Ironlung 05-18-2013 08:11 AM

If the ranking goes off of last year, I don't see how D. Bowe was ranked higher. (even if it was only a couple of spots)

peacepipe 05-18-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironlung (Post 3849232)
If the ranking goes off of last year, I don't see how D. Bowe was ranked higher. (even if it was only a couple of spots)

Thomas had a better QB,a lot better QB actually. They probably took that into account.

razorwire77 05-18-2013 08:22 AM

He's going to put up some monster numbers in the red zone with Welker on the team. He'll jump into the top 50 or higher next year.

phibacka31 05-18-2013 09:24 AM

I honestly think he's ranked too low...oh well

05-18-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phibacka31 (Post 3849240)

He's only had one great year, and that was with a guy who has a history of making receivers look good.

DBroncos4life 05-18-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phibacka31 (Post 3849240)

He would be ranked higher if he didn't play his first two years with a back up QB and a punt protector throwing him the ball.

ZONA 05-18-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3849300)
He's only had one great year, and that was with a guy who has a history of making receivers look good.

Well he didn't really have anybody worth a damn throwing to him his rookie year, and he was injured. The year after that it was the same thing but halfway through the year we went to a college option offense. I don't think him having a great season last year was all on Manning. Hard to make plays as a WR in this league if you don't have somebody decent to great throwing you the ball. Which he didn't have his 1st 2 years. So let's give a little credit to DT shall we.

baja 05-18-2013 02:49 PM

where is the list of 100

05-18-2013 03:29 PM

These rankings seem to kind of follow John Foxs understanding of the Pro Bowl......its takes you a year to get in and a year to get out.

DT should be much higher imo, but hes still a pup.

Lestat 05-18-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3849302)
He would be ranked higher if he didn't play his first two years with a back up QB and a punt protector throwing him the ball.

now now, he's not a punt protector. he's "a football player"

extralife 05-18-2013 04:22 PM

the entire list is ridiculous. when people start making arguments that awards and such are meaningless because players don't vote on them, direct them to these lists. they're terrible. taken as a whole, the players are idiots.

05-18-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3849351)
Well he didn't really have anybody worth a damn throwing to him his rookie year, and he was injured. The year after that it was the same thing but halfway through the year we went to a college option offense. I don't think him having a great season last year was all on Manning. Hard to make plays as a WR in this league if you don't have somebody decent to great throwing you the ball. Which he didn't have his 1st 2 years. So let's give a little credit to DT shall we.

Not the point. One year of pro-bowl level production just isn't going to raise a guy as high as some might want on a list like this.

Lestat 05-18-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extralife (Post 3849381)
the entire list is ridiculous. when people start making arguments that awards and such are meaningless because players don't vote on them, direct them to these lists. they're terrible. taken as a whole, the players are idiots.

i think they've been pretty accurate the times they've done them.
just because fans rank a player highly doesn't mean the people who play with and against them do.

extralife 05-18-2013 05:41 PM

You're right, I guess that Jacoby Jones is better than Percy Harvin, Bernard Pollard is a top five safety (at least) while Dashon Goldson is not, Dwight Freeny and Robert Mathis are both better than Cameron Wake, there are only 6 good offensive linemen in the NFL, Trent Richardson lol, etc. etc.

05-18-2013 07:01 PM

I really enjoy watching any kind of nfl rankings show and I'm glad DT is on it this year, I think he'll be the first of champ,clady, welker, Von, and Peyton on he list. If champ isn't on next Thursday his chances are swindling though.

05-23-2013 09:10 PM

For those of you without cable,

Champ bailey #53 on tonight's show 60-51

Abqbronco 05-24-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestat (Post 3849380)
now now, he's not a punt protector. he's "an unemployed football player"

FIFY

cutthemdown 05-24-2013 04:24 PM

Welker won't cut into DT or Deckers targets one bit. Stokley and Tamme had about 90 balls between them. Those balls are now mostly Welkers. Instead a 4 man passing attack Broncos will be going more with a 3 man attack. Thats good though it makes us better at the LOS. If anything maybe we run a bit more but I don't think Welker there to change anything that happens outside with Decker and Thomas. They are turning into a fine tuned duo and when that happens look out. People don't think WR need chemistry with each other but that isn't true. Its not as important as guys on defense obviouse, or the oline but still when they reach a high level together it can be something special. Welker is the perfect guy. Think about it we don't have to subsitute and defenses want to. Tamme is out, Dressen is in. Stokely is out Welker is in. Dressen is now the number TE and there to mostly block and help out the pass protection/run game. Seriously we could get people on the field then just attack them no huddle. Teams trying to subsitute would be screwed. IMO rotating Dressen/Tamme/Stokley made that tougher. Its easy now especially if a RB can pass block and stay healthy at the same time. Hell probably 1000 yrds there for even a scrub runner who is tough, can block, and get the yards when defense occupied stopping our WR.

DBroncos4life 05-24-2013 04:52 PM

I still get a kick out of this....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-on-final-play

being ranked ahead of this...
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...batic-TD-catch

05-30-2013 07:02 PM

Welker at #44.

Clady's chances are dwindling fast but I wonder where Von and Peyton end up.

BMarsh615 05-31-2013 07:58 AM

Welker's video

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...er-Jairus-Byrd

LRtagger 06-17-2013 09:38 AM

Dez Bryant #35 lololol

TheReverend 06-17-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 3854332)
Welker at #44.

Clady's chances are dwindling fast but I wonder where Von and Peyton end up.

Von should be teens at the lowest.

I imagine the top 10 will have a slew of QBs but Watt, Von and Aldon Smith won't be far behind after their 2012 seasons.