The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The Heritage Foundation; OR, The Center for Racist Policy Research (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110955)

houghtam 05-10-2013 01:26 PM

The Heritage Foundation; OR, The Center for Racist Policy Research
 
<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc9525f6" classid="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=51837420&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc9525f6" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=51837420&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit NBCNews.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.nbcnews.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

Heritage Foundation Senior Policy Analyst is an out of the closet racist.

The video gets particularly good around the 10:00 mark.

05-10-2013 02:09 PM

If you can only see racism coming from one direction, you might be a racist.

houghtam 05-10-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845758)
If you can only see racism coming from one direction, you might be a racist.

Do you deny that HF opinions on the immigration law were influenced by a known and unabashed racist?

05-10-2013 02:23 PM

Do you deny that liberal immigration policy is in part a huge play on Latino racism and nepotism? One direction fingerpointing again? Why is that liberals can only find a racist if he's white? Hm?

05-10-2013 02:32 PM

Ok I watched the segment. I'm wondering what is specifically racist about it, because Maddow failed to explain it and instead went off on a loud puff of typical liberal moral indignation.

houghtam 05-10-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845776)
Ok I watched the segment. I'm wondering what is specifically racist about it, because Maddow failed to explain it and instead went off on a loud puff of typical liberal moral indignation.

Then you weren't listening.

I'm not doing your research for you.

05-10-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3845784)
Then you weren't listening.

I'm not doing your research for you.

I've done the research. You're ticked off at a lack of equals signs. That doesn't tell me anything. What is your beef other than no equals signs? Is it the information is inaccurate or that it lacks equals signs and therefore you dislike it regardless and knee-jerk label it "racissss"?

I'm amused especially when liberals are so eager to post these isolated, hokey IQ tests which show conservatives allegedly have depressed IQ averages which liberals have also suggested be used to qualify these people for voting rights, but when it comes to multiple tests which show that pet groups that liberals favor have similarly lower averages, the loud bleating moral outrage and namecalling starts without any question to the accuracy of the testing. Which is it?

How about a little consistency here? So what's the problem? Bad, false data or what? What is "racist" about it?

houghtam 05-10-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845792)
I've done the research. You're ticked off at a lack of equals signs. That doesn't tell me anything. What is your beef other than no equals signs? Is it the information is inaccurate or that it lacks equals signs and therefore you dislike it regardless and knee-jerk label it "racissss"?

I'm amused especially when liberals are so eager to post these isolated, hokey IQ tests which show conservatives allegedly have depressed IQ averages which liberals have also suggested be used to qualify these people for voting rights, but when it comes to multiple tests which show that pet groups that liberals favor have similarly lower averages, the loud bleating moral outrage and namecalling starts without any question to the accuracy of the testing. Which is it?

How about a little consistency here? So what's the problem? Bad, false data or what? What is "racist" about it?

LOL nice try.

The IQ data isn't the story here. It's already questionable data presented by someone who posts regularly on a site that's a gate ring place for racist rhetoric.

You obviously either did not watch or could not understand the video, nor did you research any of the data or sites listed in the video.

Anyone with half a brain have a response to this (ie not you, dramallama?)

Requiem 05-10-2013 04:58 PM

Just remember, race and IQ are linked according to Knuckles.

05-10-2013 05:02 PM

It is the story here. In fact it's the ONLY story here. It is why you and Menstrual Maddow are ****ting bricks.

You've explained nothing. You're being vague, you're being party line, and you're giggling like a child.

What IS the story here, then? What are you objecting to? If it's not the IQ data, then what? You say the data is questionable but instead of bolstering this with some source we can read, you instead try character assassination by association (wasn't it racist when they did that to Obama) in that he posts on a "racist" site which you likewise don't explain why is racist.

Why... is... it... racist?

05-11-2013 10:01 AM

Due to this thread's unsubstantiated demonizing claims, I submit this thread be moved to The Butt.

peacepipe 05-11-2013 10:05 AM

It's substantiated,the guy was forced to resign over it. Claiming IQs are related to someones race,is by definition racist.

05-11-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3846055)
It's substantiated,the guy was forced to resign over it. Claiming Mexicans have lower IQs as a result of being Mexican,is by definition racist.

It's PC, and you're PC by that you automatically and blindly attack someone as "racist" without bothering to check if the data is accurate, and that's my point.

If this isn't a "butt" thread, I don't know what is.

peacepipe 05-11-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3846057)
It's PC, and you're PC by that you automatically and blindly attack someone as "racist" without bothering to check if the data is accurate, and that's my point.

If this isn't a "butt" thread, I don't know what is.

Don't have to check cause any moron,except for you obviously, knows race isn't an indicator when it comes to IQ.

05-11-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3846061)
Don't have to check cause any moron,except for you obviously, knows race isn't an indicator when it comes to IQ.

So I assume you have the education and expertise to know that these multiple international studies conducted over decades by people with advanced degrees in psychology are all hocus pocus.

If that's the case, I'd encourage you to help lend a hand to Maddow and houghtam, because they're having great difficulty.

I can only hope that this silly appeal to supposed popular knowledge (which it isn't) isn't the only defense you have for your attacking people, but I know better.

barryr 05-11-2013 10:20 AM

Liberals call black conservatives idiots and puppets all day long, but that isn't racist of course.

peacepipe 05-11-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryr (Post 3846067)
Liberals call black conservatives idiots and puppets all day long, but that isn't racist of course.

Conservatives are all idiots,race has nothing to do with it.

peacepipe 05-11-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3846064)
So I assume you have the education and expertise to know that these multiple international studies conducted over decades by people with advanced degrees in psychology are all hocus pocus.

If that's the case, I'd encourage you to help lend a hand to Maddow and houghtam, because they're having great difficulty.

I can only hope that this silly appeal to supposed popular knowledge (which it isn't) isn't the only defense you have for your attacking people, but I know better.

Anyone with half a brain knows race isn't an indicator when it comes to intelligence.
If you want to call it hocus pocus, I'll call it BS used to justify ones racist views.

houghtam 05-11-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3846064)
So I assume you have the education and expertise to know that these multiple international studies conducted over decades by people with advanced degrees in psychology are all hocus pocus.

If that's the case, I'd encourage you to help lend a hand to Maddow and houghtam, because they're having great difficulty.

I can only hope that this silly appeal to supposed popular knowledge (which it isn't) isn't the only defense you have for your attacking people, but I know better.

If you're really interested in the validity of IQ tests, google their criticisms. The psychological community is far from unanimously behind them. But you're not, you're just here to hear yourself talk.

And what part of "supposed Holocaust" isn't racist?

05-11-2013 12:08 PM

LMAO....

Houghtam, take a basic college psychology course if you believe that ****. You're digging yourself into a deeper hole. Stop while you're ahead, I BEG YOU.

Peacepipe - I asked for more than namecalling and vague appeals to alleged popularity. You cannot provide anything else, as I suspected.

05-11-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacepipe (Post 3846076)
Conservatives are all idiots,race has nothing to do with it.

Use appropriate grammar before calling names. You're saying what I already said earlier in this thread, that namely it's OK to call conservatives of lower than average IQ but if a pet liberal group gets called it... FOUL!

Thanks for proving my point. Your purpose is served here.

houghtam 05-11-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3846103)
LMAO....

Houghtam, take a basic college psychology course if you believe that ****. You're digging yourself into a deeper hole. Stop while you're ahead, I BEG YOU.

Peacepipe - I asked for more than namecalling and vague appeals to alleged popularity. You cannot provide anything else, as I suspected.

The validity and bias of IQ tests is debated at even the lowest levels of psychology at the collegiate level. Unless you care to question the professors at Valparaiso, Michigan State an U. of Cincinnati where I took 3 years of educational psychology. Have you ever read Culture-Fair Cognitive Ability Assessment: Information Processing and Psychophysiological Approaches?

Have you ever actually taken a post-secondary course? Considering your epic failure in the last few threads, I'm beginning to think you're too stupid to pull off the dramallama/nyuk nyuk exchange.

05-11-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houghtam (Post 3846111)
The validity and bias of IQ tests is debated at even the lowest levels of psychology at the collegiate level. Unless you care to question the professors at Valparaiso, Michigan State an U. of Cincinnati where I took 3 years of educational psychology. Have you ever read Culture-Fair Cognitive Ability Assessment: Information Processing and Psychophysiological Approaches?

Have you ever actually taken a post-secondary course? Considering your epic failure in the last few threads, I'm beginning to think you're too stupid to pull off the dramallama/nyuk nyuk exchange.

Epic failure where? Basic college freshman psychology - regardless of what textbook you use and who you take it with - teaches that IQ has been shown to be valid. Is there some dissent? Yes - but its validity is the accepted norm while you point at the small minority. Developmental psychology teaches the same about IQ and also that adopted twin longevity studies show IQ among other characteristics to have a heavy genetic input. I asked for information we can reasonably look up, not anecdote or hearsay or muscle flexing.

You said there was something in the video on the OP itself that had data we could look up. I didn't watch it all but did scroll through it and found no such thing. I saw something about Latino crime rates and an angry Latino guy.

Now let me ask one more time: What information do you have that shows the man you're railing against is "racist" other than that you don't like he mentioned data that isn't bathed in equals signs? Dealing with blind liberals such as yourself is like dealing with religious extremists; you both hate scientific data that contradicts your faith. You hate it and you persecute and demonize those who say otherwise.

You also claimed that IQ isn't the point of your grudge against him. What in fact, then, is? What makes him "racist"?

05-11-2013 01:09 PM

Wait - this guy took 3 years of educational psychology and works in a movie theater?

houghtam 05-11-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3846119)
Epic failure where? Basic college freshman psychology - regardless of what textbook you use and who you take it with - teaches that IQ has been shown to be valid. Is there some dissent? Yes - but its validity is the accepted norm while you point at the small minority. Developmental psychology teaches the same about IQ and also that adopted twin longevity studies show IQ among other characteristics to have a heavy genetic input. I asked for information we can reasonably look up, not anecdote or hearsay or muscle flexing.

You said there was something in the video on the OP itself that had data we could look up. I didn't watch it all but did scroll through it and found no such thing. I saw something about Latino crime rates and an angry Latino guy.

Now let me ask one more time: What information do you have that shows the man you're railing against is "racist" other than that you don't like he mentioned data that isn't bathed in equals signs? Dealing with blind liberals such as yourself is like dealing with religious extremists; you both hate scientific data that contradicts your faith. You hate it and you persecute and demonize those who say otherwise.

You also claimed that IQ isn't the point of your grudge against him. What in fact, then, is? What makes him "racist"?

Information you can reasonably look up? The paper I referenced is not only common knowledge, but is on the reading list for most educational psychology curricula I have had contact with. Now granted, I never attended Bob Jones University, but Valpo is a fairly conservative school, and it was taught their too.

The sites I was referring to weren't about the IQ data, they were about the nature of the site which he contributes to. Have you been there? I ask again, what part of suggesting the holocaust didn't happen isn't racist?

In the gun thread you suggested that the anti-gun lobby would produce studies biased in their results toward anti-gun sentiment. Now tell me, why is that the case, but when someone is closely associated with a website which not only suggests the holocaust didn't happen, but also discusses how "white people don't have anyone looking out for them", why wouldn't you hold that study to the same standards you held the anti-gun argument? Because you're either too dumb or too stubborn to realize you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Just like the time when you mentioned the possibility of left-wing influence on the Boston Marathon bombers, and then in the next post when someone suggested it could be a right-wing plot too, you chime in with "THIS ISN'T A LEFT OR RIGHT THING WHY ARE YOU POLITICIZING IT". Yeah. That happened. And the whole forum got a big laugh.

As far as my education vs my career goes, I'm not going to go into it, though suffice it to say if you've been around long enough, you can piece it together. It's not that hard.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.