The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   War, Religion and Politics Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   CO2 passes 400ppm (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110954)

W*GS 05-10-2013 01:45 PM

CO2 passes 400ppm
 
1 Attachment(s)
Carbon Dioxide Passes 400 PPM Milestone, NOAA Finds

baja 05-10-2013 02:00 PM

Become a vegetarian if you want to have an real and immediate impact.

houghtam 05-10-2013 02:18 PM

I would also point out that CO2, carbon dioxide, is not a pollutant in any normal definition of the term. I am creating it as I talk to you. Its in your Coca-Cola, youre Dr. Pepper, your Perrier water. It is necessary for human life. It is odorless, colorless, tasteless, does not cause cancer, does not cause asthma.

- Joe Barton

cutthemdown 05-10-2013 02:31 PM

No wonder weed is getting better and better.

baja 05-10-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3845740)
No wonder weed is getting better and better.


That's not it - it's that you have less and less brain cells to get stoned thus the pot seems more potent.

05-10-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3845740)
No wonder weed is getting better and better.

The cartels thank you.

I wonder if they play handpuppets with their headless victims?

05-10-2013 03:01 PM

CO2 is in the body and is part of naturally-occurring body processes. Has this been factored in in terms of the population explosion globally?

The mere existence of lots of stuff isn't necessarily bad.

baja 05-10-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845748)
The cartels thank you.

I wonder if they play handpuppets with their headless victims?

Who do you think runs the cartels?

05-10-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3845750)
Who do you think runs the cartels?

Mass murdering Mexican gangsters.

baja 05-10-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845757)
Mass murdering Mexican gangsters.

The people that clean their money are their bosses.

Rohirrim 05-10-2013 03:15 PM

I can only hope it cuts off Imhofe's air.

W*GS 05-10-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845749)
CO2 is in the body and is part of naturally-occurring body processes. Has this been factored in in terms of the population explosion globally?

Too small to matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
The mere existence of lots of stuff isn't necessarily bad.

Nor is it necessarily good. Drinking a cup of water won't hurt you. Drinking a couple gallons in short order very likely will.

05-10-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3845759)
The people that clean their money are their bosses.

What does this tangent have anything to do with anything?

05-10-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W*GS (Post 3845789)
Too small to matter.

Nor is it necessarily good. Drinking a cup of water won't hurt you. Drinking a couple gallons in short order very likely will.

Yes, love, so what's the concern with CO2? I don't think the population explosion produces anything too small to matter, but I'm admittedly not familiar with science on CO2. Plants process the stuff, you know. Deforestation may be also in play with that.

baja 05-10-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845798)
What does this tangent have anything to do with anything?


I has everything to do with everything. It creates your reality.

cutthemdown 05-10-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845748)
The cartels thank you.

I wonder if they play handpuppets with their headless victims?

I get my weed from a hippy bass player I know that grows it himself. How does that help the cartels?

cutthemdown 05-10-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3845741)
That's not it - it's that you have less and less brain cells to get stoned thus the pot seems more potent.

Catarac Kush called and said hello. I'd say a tad better then the cheap mexican weed of the 80's.

05-10-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3845813)
I get my weed from a hippy bass player I know that grows it himself. How does that help the cartels?

How'd I know you say this? You see, not one pot smoker I have ever talked to says he gets his weed from the cartels. It's always good Americans with families. Quite amazing considering how many endless tons of the stuff keep coming over here.

05-10-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutthemdown (Post 3845814)
Catarac Kush called and said hello. I'd say a tad better then the cheap mexican weed of the 80's.

Whups, what did I just say about Mexican weed?

Arkie 05-10-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845748)
The cartels thank you.

I wonder if they play handpuppets with their headless victims?

Imagine all the violence that could be avoided if we legalized weed. It's more harmless than alcohol.

W*GS 05-10-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk (Post 3845800)
Yes, love, so what's the concern with CO2?

As a species, we've never experienced this level of CO2, which is causing considerable changes in the climate system. The impacts of those changes are likely to be unpleasant (at best) and dangerous to us and the biosphere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
I don't think the population explosion produces anything too small to matter, but I'm admittedly not familiar with science on CO2.

I recommend doing some research, then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
Plants process the stuff, you know. Deforestation may be also in play with that.

Yes, deforestation does play a role. Our burning of fossil fuels is of much greater significance.

Requiem 05-10-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3845741)
That's not it - it's that you have less and less brain cells to get stoned thus the pot seems more potent.

Not at all.

El Minion 05-10-2013 06:15 PM

No worries, Jesus will save us when he returns, for the second time no less, riding on a dinosaur to save us. Yay science! :oyvey:

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...l-original.jpg

Requiem 05-10-2013 06:42 PM

What is your carbon footprint?

Mine is 9.5 Tons of CO2 a year. Average in USA per person is 27. Average person in the world is 5.5.

Are you doing your part?

orinjkrush 05-10-2013 07:11 PM

in related news, on this date in 1752, Benjamin Franklin begins man's systematic destruction of the troposphere with his testing of the lightening rod. Criminal proceedings in the Hague are pending.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.