The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   WR Titus Young is still available in FA!!! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110939)

05-08-2013 07:40 AM

WR Titus Young is still available in FA!!!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/05/nfl-...ce-in-one-day/

NFL free agent arrested twice in one day

Titus Young had quite a day.

By Nick Schwartz – May 7, 2013 at 10:28pm EDT

Former Detroit Lions wide receiver and current NFL free agent Titus Young, who once punched a teammate and intentionally lined up on the wrong spot on the field, was arrested twice in a 15-hour span Sunday in California. At 12:01 AM, Young was stopped by the Moreno Valley Police Department after making an illegal maneuver with his car, and arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. He was taken to the Robert Presley Detention Center and given a citation before being released.

Later that day, at 2:22 PM, workers at a tow company called police to report a man jumping over a fence.

Via the Detroit Free Press:

A witness called Moreno Valley Police to report an adult male scaling a fence of the tow company’s storage area. Officers found Young in the tow yard and determined he was attempting to take his vehicle back, according to police.

Smiling Assassin27 05-08-2013 07:47 AM

Dude's starting two-a-days early. What a douche.

socalorado 05-08-2013 08:03 AM

The cops said his route running in the impound was Hall of Fame worthy.

TheReverend 05-08-2013 08:18 AM

He was trying to steal his car back...?

How is anyone this stupid?

Jason in LA 05-08-2013 08:33 AM

So... I kind of know Titus. I'm good friends with one of his trainers from back when he was in high school, and some times Titus shows up at these training sessions. So this one session, which was a couple months ago, this high school wide receiver beats Titus in a drill, which seemed to be no big deal. But Titus was pissed. He was so pissed that he was calling the kid out, calling him "young n***a", cursing at the kid. It was weird, because Titus was challenging the kid to cover him on routes, and as the trainers tried to get Titus to chill out, he just kept digging into the kid, and I would say that if the kid had taken Titus up on the challenge it would have turned into a fight.

The way this kid handled it was just awesome. The kid goes to Crenshaw, so he wasn't worried about Titus. I'm not sure what area of LA that Titus grew up in, but he went to University High School, which is in West LA. I'd take a Crenshaw guy over a Uni guy in a fight any day. So the kid saw how pissed off Titus was and he started to heckle Titus. As Titus got more pissed off and was firing back at the kid, the kid was just laughing at him as he fired back.

It got to the point that all of the athletes at this session, who were mostly high school football players and a few college players, had pretty much turned on Titus so that they could get threw the workout. They were all telling him to shut up.

It was embarrassing, but funny to watch at the same time. Titus had a meltdown over something that some high school player said to him.

Jason in LA 05-08-2013 08:38 AM

One more thing, and this is just what I heard. I'm not sure if it was ever stated why the Rams released him, and I'm not sure if this was the exact reason why the Rams let him go.

In one practice the receivers were told to go to one area of the field, and the DBs to another area. Titus started to go with the DBs. So a coach, thinking that Titus must have heard wrong, simply told him that he was going to the wrong area. So Titus tells the coach that he's playing DB today.

I guess that didn't fly with the Rams.

OBF1 05-08-2013 10:20 AM

I think we should bring him in for a loo auhhhh never mind

Rohirrim 05-08-2013 10:30 AM

Gardena High, here. Don't mess with Gardena. :redpunch:

Tombstone RJ 05-08-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason in LA (Post 3844519)
One more thing, and this is just what I heard. I'm not sure if it was ever stated why the Rams released him, and I'm not sure if this was the exact reason why the Rams let him go.

In one practice the receivers were told to go to one area of the field, and the DBs to another area. Titus started to go with the DBs. So a coach, thinking that Titus must have heard wrong, simply told him that he was going to the wrong area. So Titus tells the coach that he's playing DB today.

I guess that didn't fly with the Rams.

lol

Jason in LA 05-08-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3844595)
Gardena High, here. Don't mess with Gardena. :redpunch:

When did you go to Gardena High? I went to Fairfax in the early/mid 90s, but I knew some folks at Gardena.

Los Broncos 05-08-2013 12:01 PM

That guy has some major issues, bring him in just for laughs.

p7superfly 05-08-2013 12:19 PM

Jason in LA's retelling is classic...

Then the, "Let's bring him in for a loo....."

In spite of all sorts of people claiming the Mane was dying - this board is great.

Rohirrim 05-08-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason in LA (Post 3844602)
When did you go to Gardena High? I went to Fairfax in the early/mid 90s, but I knew some folks at Gardena.

It was back in the Paleocene. ;D

gyldenlove 05-08-2013 12:27 PM

Are we going to have a pool on when this kid pulls a Sam Hurd or Eric Naposki?

Also, if you grew up in the same area as him you should have your water tested, there may be a mercury problem.

TheReverend 05-08-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohirrim (Post 3844656)
It was back in the Paleocene. ;D

I had assumed the Cretaceous Ha!

delany 05-08-2013 12:30 PM

What was his plan for the tow yard? Get into his car and what? Drive the gate down?

ludo21 05-08-2013 12:55 PM

to think he was my fantasy sleeper last year. I was sooo high on him, man i was dumb

Smiling Assassin27 05-08-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ludo21 (Post 3844685)
to think he was my fantasy sleeper last year. I was sooo high on him, man i was dumb

don't feel bad. i've played FF with guys that will probably have Titus as their fantasy sleeper THIS year. ;D

Pony Boy 05-08-2013 01:23 PM

Titus Young goes Reese Witherspoon on AT&T

Here's a story from Ryan Randolph AT&T employees living in the Detroit suburbs.

I would regularly get Lions players in my store. One of particular note was Titus Young. One night he came up after we had closed and started banging on the door. We couldn't unlock the doors because of policy, but he proceeded to hold up his driver's license to the window and say, "Do you know who I am?? I'm Titus Young". We ignored him.

The next day he came back during business hours and started yelling that we wouldn't let him in. He also demanded everything in the store should have been given to him for free. He had his sister with him who seemed like his assistant at the time. She was extremely professional and nice, almost like a parent trying to keep their child in line. After his sister took over dealing with us, Titus fell asleep on the bench and started snoring extremely loud in front of the other customers and employees.

http://deadspin.com/titus-young-will...tore-496122722

05-08-2013 01:29 PM

Wow, this guy sounds like he might be mentally unstable.

Tombstone RJ 05-08-2013 01:31 PM

this Titus kid is pure gold, Gold Jerry! :thanku:

R8R H8R 05-08-2013 01:52 PM

What's taking the Bengals so long to sign him?

socalorado 05-08-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 3844706)
this Titus kid is pure gold, Gold Jerry! :thanku:

Ha!

http://aofg.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451c...e47b970c-800wi

broncosteven 05-08-2013 02:07 PM

This is the same dude who thinks he is better than Calvin Johnson right?

bowtown 05-08-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReverend (Post 3844492)
He was trying to steal his car back...?

How is anyone this stupid?

I think he was actually just trying to get his Creedence tape back.