The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Center situation? Does Walton have your confidence? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110902)

ludo21 05-02-2013 03:26 PM

Center situation? Does Walton have your confidence?

I see a lot of hate on JD Walton. From my untrained eyes I saw a REALLY good player before he got hurt.

Any thoughts on the Center spot this year? Does Blake really make the leap this year?

Vote!

05-02-2013 03:31 PM

The center from Baylor has my confidence

Smiling Assassin27 05-02-2013 03:50 PM

4th choice: whomever's arse PFM wants to put his hands under.

OBF1 05-02-2013 03:56 PM

I voted for Kuper, but was hoping for the "Other" choice

gunns 05-02-2013 04:08 PM

Blake I have no idea what he can do. I was amazed the difference when Koppen took over for Walton in the change in play. It's a position that worries me.

Ziggy 05-02-2013 04:30 PM

I want to see Beadles at center.

LT- Clady
LG- Kuper
C- Beadles
RG- Vasquez
RT- Franklin

I think that's our most effective line combination if Kuper could somehow stay on the field.

pricejj 05-02-2013 04:31 PM

Walton had Manning's confidence before the injury. Hopefully he comes back 100%.

SonOfLe-loLang 05-02-2013 04:38 PM

I think the coincidence of the Broncos winning streak starting with Walton went down is just that...a coincidence. I assume the broncos line would be fine with him

Ziggy 05-02-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3842282)
Blake I have no idea what he can do. I was amazed the difference when Koppen took over for Walton in the change in play. It's a position that worries me.

The line improved immensely when Walton went out. Koppen could get to the 2nd level, Walton can't.

05-02-2013 04:44 PM

Not sure how anyone could vote for Blake without seeing him actually play...

DBroncos4life 05-02-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy (Post 3842294)
The line improved immensely when Walton went out. Koppen could get to the 2nd level, Walton can't.

If this was true then why is Koppen not signed?

Broncojef 05-02-2013 05:12 PM

The line improved for a reason when Walton went down. Really hoping Blake can step in and be the man, zero confidence in Walton at this point.

BroncoMan4ever 05-02-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 3842271)
The center from Baylor has my confidence

The one who is already almost 30 and sucked so bad we wrnt out and signed a free agent in place of him being the primary backup?

Broncojef 05-02-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agamemnon (Post 3842297)
Not sure how anyone could vote for Blake without seeing him actually play...

Sometimes any other solution appears a better option than what you have.

gunns 05-02-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3842299)

I've wondered.

Mat'hir Uth Gan 05-02-2013 05:30 PM

I think JD is a very solid player. I'll be keeping a close eye on him during the preseason games though.

FireFly 05-02-2013 05:33 PM

I wouldn't say he has my complete confidence, I really liked Koppen last season. But I think he's our starter and I think he's good enough and should only get better

ZONA 05-02-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3842282)

Cracks me up that so many here seem to forget that when Walton went out was after the tuff part of the schedule and through those early growing pains with all the new players and coaches. But, please, discount that and conintue on with your opinion, even though it's full of flaws. Koppen started playing just in time to play the weaker opponents and when everybody at least had some games under them to somewhat gel.

Ziggy 05-02-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3842299)

You'd have to ask Elway that question. My guess is that the Broncos want to go younger at the position and give Blake a chance to compete, but that's just speculation. They might also be planning to move Kuper or Beadles to center if they are both healthy. I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors at Dove Valley.

extralife 05-02-2013 05:52 PM

I wonder why they don't just resign Koppen and go with him for one more year. If he doesn't stay healthy, then no problem, go back to the original Walton/Blake plan.

Ziggy 05-02-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3842325)
Cracks me up that so many here seem to forget that when Walton went out was after the tuff part of the schedule and through those early growing pains with all the new players and coaches. But, please, discount that and conintue on with your opinion, even though it's full of flaws. Koppen started playing just in time to play the weaker opponents and when everybody at least had some games under them to somewhat gel.

Cracks me up that so many here seem to forget that Koppen came in and had less than a month to learn a new team and a new offense and still outplayed JD Walton. Talk all you want about having time to gel. Fact is, Beadles had played with the 2 guards around him the season prior, and through camp and preseason. Koppen came in and instantly upgraded the level of play on this Oline despite barely having time to adjust to his new team and his new system.

DBroncos4life 05-02-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy (Post 3842326)
You'd have to ask Elway that question. My guess is that the Broncos want to go younger at the position and give Blake a chance to compete, but that's just speculation. They might also be planning to move Kuper or Beadles to center if they are both healthy. I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors at Dove Valley.

Or maybe he wasn't as huge of an upgrade as you are making him out to be.

Broncojef 05-02-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3842325)

Maybe we can ask to have only cream puffs on the schedule for Walton this year.

DivineLegion 05-02-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy (Post 3842294)

Really, I thought the running game was less effective without Walton. We were money on 3rd/4th and short with Walton, not so much with Koppen.

05-02-2013 07:13 PM

poll is terrible

no, walton does not have my confidence tho