The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   QB situation (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110892)

05-01-2013 07:31 PM

QB situation
 
I haven't seen much while scourging this forum on Zac Dysert. I admit I only joined here because of Osweiler, but I figure Peyton has two or three more years.

The way I see it, the Broncos are setting themselves up to put in Osweiler, with Dysert being a possible long-term option at backup QB.

I was really hoping for better QB prospects in the this draft for AZ...

spdirty 05-01-2013 07:42 PM

Bullhead City eh? My grandparents have lived there for about 30 years now. Use to go there every summer as a kid. Real cool place, I just couldn't take the heat. Anyway, welcome aboard. Hopefully Oz will be here a good 15 years and has a great career here.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oKM7fZKP1x...0/DSC_0001.jpg

05-01-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3841995)
Bullhead City eh? My grandparents have lived there for about 30 years now. Use to go there every summer as a kid. Real cool place, I just couldn't take the heat. Anyway, welcome aboard. Hopefully Oz will be here a good 15 years and has a great career here.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oKM7fZKP1x...0/DSC_0001.jpg

I'm actually originally from Mesa.... studied environmental engineering at AZ, took a water compliance job out here. Nice little town. Huge water issues, lol.

05-01-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryHeat (Post 3841993)
I haven't seen much while scourging this forum on Zac Dysert. I admit I only joined here because of Osweiler, but I figure Peyton has two or three more years.

The way I see it, the Broncos are setting themselves up to put in Osweiler, with Dysert being a possible long-term option at backup QB.

I was really hoping for better QB prospects in the this draft for AZ...

I think you're right. Everything I've heard, the staff loves Osweiler, but you never want complacency so bringing in Dysert gives them another project and competition for #2. I loved this pick

DBroncos4life 05-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schaaf (Post 3842034)
I think you're right. Everything I've heard, the staff loves Osweiler, but you never want complacency so bringing in Dysert gives them another project and competition for #2. I loved this pick

We needed that other QB for the Manning (QB) meetings. Might as well have two that we can develop, possibly both and pick up a high draft pick if we can trade the one that we don't like best.

Durango 05-01-2013 08:47 PM

I think the Dysert pick sets Denver on a great path at QB for years and years to come. At worst, Dysert pushes Osweiler, at best we have another QBOTF. Dysert has real skills. He very possibly could be the face of this franchise in 3-4 years AND the Broncos actually have some time to develop him, something you don't seem to see in the NFL anymore these days.

Sensational pick-up in the 7th round, regardless.

Lestat 05-01-2013 09:17 PM

Osweiler is the QBOTF. but you need depth and you want to gain that depth and have it developing before Manning retires. this way you have guys who have studied under Manning and learned from him. you don't wanna have cold rookies or new starters coming into the fold and needing mentoring like some other franchises do.

if Os pans out it allows us to maintain a certain level of success even after Peyton retires and it allows us to have solid depth at the position and not to have to go through what we did when Elway retired.

i can see us taking another QB next season depending on value and how Dysert develops.
i personally think Dysert will end up being a super back up for us who will give us leverage to make improvements elsewhere and get good draft pick value for in the future.

OBF1 05-01-2013 09:45 PM

Our first OZ-Boner.

maher_tyler 05-01-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryHeat (Post 3841993)
I haven't seen much while scourging this forum on Zac Dysert. I admit I only joined here because of Osweiler, but I figure Peyton has two or three more years.

The way I see it, the Broncos are setting themselves up to put in Osweiler, with Dysert being a possible long-term option at backup QB.

I was really hoping for better QB prospects in the this draft for AZ...

Was Matt Scott even drafted? UDFA?

uplink 05-01-2013 09:54 PM

Three good QB prospects on the team. As a long term fan, the broncos have never had more than one at a time IMO. Looking strong at the most important position in the NFL.

FireFly 05-01-2013 09:57 PM

Next year we can trade one of them for a bundle of picks Patriot style!

huh?? 05-01-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdirty (Post 3841995)
Bullhead City eh? My grandparents have lived there for about 30 years now. Use to go there every summer as a kid. Real cool place, I just couldn't take the heat. Anyway, welcome aboard. Hopefully Oz will be here a good 15 years and has a great career here.

Ha! Ha! In reading his post, I didn't notice the location. I'm just down the road in Ft Mohave right now. I live in Denver, but work out here. Not a short commute.

Vegas_Bronco 05-01-2013 11:45 PM

Brock is still pretty raw in nfl terms. He is consistent with his reads but errant throws are common. Dude can put some fire on the ball when needed. I'd love to see him get 4 yrs with Manning. Maybe then we can convince Elway and Manning to buy the team and pump qbs out of the mile high bullpen.

2KBack 05-02-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco (Post 3842088)
Brock is still pretty raw in nfl terms. He is consistent with his reads but errant throws are common. Dude can put some fire on the ball when needed. I'd love to see him get 4 yrs with Manning. Maybe then we can convince Elway and Manning to buy the team and pump qbs out of the mile high bullpen.

Not to be argumentative....but what have you seen of Oz since last preseason? All I've seen is a bunch of handoffs and kneeldowns.

cmhargrove 05-02-2013 06:22 AM

I personally love the fact that we are stockpiling young talent to learn from Manning. We have two talented young kids that will fight it out when the time comes. Great move by Elway to crank up the competition.

socalorado 05-02-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maher_tyler (Post 3842062)
Was Matt Scott even drafted? UDFA?

Nope. Unreal.
I would take Matt Scott over Geno Smith at QB everyday of the week and twice on sunday.
Scott went to JAX. Smartest move they have made in a long time.

Lestat 05-02-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco (Post 3842088)
Brock is still pretty raw in nfl terms. He is consistent with his reads but errant throws are common. Dude can put some fire on the ball when needed. I'd love to see him get 4 yrs with Manning. Maybe then we can convince Elway and Manning to buy the team and pump qbs out of the mile high bullpen.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...OPfs9oAiWtPuHQ

NUB 05-02-2013 11:43 AM

Manning is not the sort of QB backups "learn" behind.

SonOfLe-loLang 05-02-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUB (Post 3842202)
Manning is not the sort of QB backups "learn" behind.

Im sure he's a great resource for any QB. Indy trotted out a bunch of late round picks behind him...and it was like 2 guys. Hardly a sample size

05-02-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang (Post 3842206)
Im sure he's a great resource for any QB. Indy trotted out a bunch of late round picks behind him...and it was like 2 guys. Hardly a sample size

They have been quoted as saying he wasn't the best teacher. He's so freakin QB smart that he apparently doesn't have much time for those that don't reach his level of genius.

NUB 05-02-2013 12:10 PM

Teaching is just another skill. Being great at something doesn't mean one automatically knows how to teach it to others. And, yeah, Manning has a history of not really reaching out to his backups. The same could be said for a number of great QBs past and present. That said, I still think Osweiler will get a shot at starting. I wouldn't be surprised if Denver jumps high on a QB though in 2014, like what was done with Cutler.

DBroncos4life 05-02-2013 12:21 PM

It's up to the backup QB's to soak up what Manning is doing, not up to Manning to be a babysitter to these guys to make sure they are learning. If they want to be the best they can be then, they are in the right spot with Manning and Elway to learn from by watching and listening.

pricejj 05-02-2013 12:31 PM

Ravens are losers because they put Hanie under contract, to try to learn everything they can about Manning.

Both Osweiler and Dysert only cost $1.3M for the next 3 years, and that's a good thing.

broncocalijohn 05-02-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBroncos4life (Post 3842041)
We needed that other QB for the Manning (QB) meetings. Might as well have two that we can develop, possibly both and pick up a high draft pick if we can trade the one that we don't like best.

Actually, they got Dysert once Caldwell started b****ing about not being invited by Manning to Duke for offseason workouts. Guess who is going to be playing catch with Dysert over at North Tullupu Community College next week?

broncocalijohn 05-02-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryHeat (Post 3842029)
I'm actually originally from Mesa.... studied environmental engineering at AZ, took a water compliance job out here. Nice little town. Huge water issues, lol.

You are right across the river from Laughlin!!! Love going there once they let the water flow and weather is hot. Boating in Lake Mohave or the Colorado river right in front of the hotels. Such great times with friends.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.