The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Jets Cut Tebow (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110873)

Rohirrim 04-29-2013 05:33 AM

Jets Cut Tebow

And so the Tebow era ends in the NFL.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...cut-tim-tebow/

RhymesayersDU 04-29-2013 05:40 AM

I don't think the era will be done for at least a month. Let the speculation of where he goes next, and sources close to so-and-so claiming a team or teams are interested begin!

baja 04-29-2013 05:50 AM

That's great for Tim. Hope he finds a team that will give him a shot

All he's done if give 110% every day of his life and tried to be the best person and team mate he possibility could every day. Kids a class act and has my respect.

peacepipe 04-29-2013 05:57 AM

His career is over,he has a slight chance if he gives up trying to be a QB.

kent156 04-29-2013 06:02 AM

guess we know what espn first take is leading with

FireFly 04-29-2013 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baja (Post 3840276)
That's great for Tim. Hope he finds a team that will give him a shot

All he's done if give 110% every day of his life and tried to be the best person and team mate he possibility could every day. Kids a class act and has my respect.

QUoted for truth!

I've always thought he could play in the NFL. Not as the starting QB, but as a wildcard! Line him up beside or next to the QB. Who knows what's going to happen next!!? Probably won't happen, but I harbour no ill feelings and wish him every success

04-29-2013 06:05 AM

Well guess I'll get a chance to watch him here up North.

The Joker 04-29-2013 06:10 AM

Hard to see a team taking him on to be the backup, as has been said before there's too much nonsense that goes with him to be worth it.

It'll be insane if this is the end of him though, when you think about it. Second year QB, a first round draft pick no less, takes over a 1-4 football team and leads them to the playoffs, winning a postseason game to cap it all off. He's then traded for nothing and is never given another shot in the league.

Anything like that ever happened before?

Rohirrim 04-29-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan (Post 3840284)
Well guess I'll get a chance to watch him here up North.

That would be my guess.

gunns 04-29-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schism (Post 3840288)
Hard to see a team taking him on to be the backup, as has been said before there's too much nonsense that goes with him to be worth it.

It'll be insane if this is the end of him though, when you think about it. Second year QB, a first round draft pick no less, takes over a 1-4 football team and leads them to the playoffs, winning a postseason game to cap it all off. He's then traded for nothing and is never given another shot in the league.

Anything like that ever happened before?

If it was the 4th quarter he led the team, but if the defense hadn't kept scores so close and the Broncos in the game, he'd have never had a chance to do that last minute winning run.

As far as giving 110% there were lots of rumblings that he never took opportunities for off season learning experiences offered to him or working with his teams. I have nothing against the kid either and wish him much success in his future endeavors but seeing as everyone knew the Jets were getting rid of him and no one has come forward I think his NFL days are over.

Rohirrim 04-29-2013 06:37 AM

Maybe now he can concentrate on saving the Filipinos from Catholicism?

colorado jones 04-29-2013 06:49 AM

In b4 the butthurt.

barryr 04-29-2013 06:52 AM

Never understood the silly rooting against Tebow and hoping he failed by some. Meanwhile complete jackasses who can't stay out of trouble with the law are quickly forgiven it seems. Says a lot about the state of society.

MileHighMagic 04-29-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunns (Post 3840297)
If it was the 4th quarter he led the team, but if the defense hadn't kept scores so close and the Broncos in the game, he'd have never had a chance to do that last minute winning run.

As far as giving 110% there were lots of rumblings that he never took opportunities for off season learning experiences offered to him or working with his teams. I have nothing against the kid either and wish him much success in his future endeavors but seeing as everyone knew the Jets were getting rid of him and no one has come forward I think his NFL days are over.

I find this hard to believe. Link? Doubt it.

BroncoInferno 04-29-2013 07:01 AM

@Adam Schefter
Jets had granted Tim Tebow permission this off-season to seek a trade. More than one team asked if were willing to play TE, but he was not.

EmpireOrange 04-29-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryr (Post 3840313)
Never understood the silly rooting against Tebow and hoping he failed by some. Meanwhile complete jackasses who can't stay out of trouble with the law are quickly forgiven it seems. Says a lot about the state of society.

Its not rooting against Tebow, it's Teboners people can't stand. Tebow would still be with Denver had he not came with the circus that he did. Tebow fans deprived Tebow of his dream of playing in the NFL. I for one, after watching them dip****s get on twitter and attack Elway relentlessly a few years back, love the irony that Teboners ruined Tebow's NFL career before it even got started. All teboners must hang!

Stay tune for the only reliable insider information out there today.

peacepipe 04-29-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Whatever,no one that I saw rooted against him. We merely pointed out with great accuracy that tebow is not an NFL QB.

crush17 04-29-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

No, it says players who can actually play the position they are assigned to play will get more chances. Tim Tebow can't play NFL QB and he is not willing to try another position, and there you have it.

Traveler 04-29-2013 07:20 AM

Wish the kid well. His NFL could very well be over unless he swallows his pride and makes a position switch.

04-29-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmpireOrange (Post 3840321)
Stay tune for the only reliable insider information out there today.

Hilarious!

Crushaholic 04-29-2013 07:26 AM

I understand WANTING to play quarterback. He's a former two-time Heisman Trophy winner. His college game was really, really, good. However, if NFL people are telling Tebow that his game doesn't translate to the NFL level, he needed to listen. I'm sure he's a great guy, but his stubborness led him right out of the league. It wasn't the Tebow fans that forced him out of the league. It was Tebow, himself...

strafen 04-29-2013 07:31 AM

Let's bring him in for a look...

Crushaholic 04-29-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strafen (Post 3840341)
Let's bring him in for a look...

He'll break off 2k ground balls, in our system...

Meck77 04-29-2013 07:36 AM

The reality is nobody's opinion really matters. The NFL decides the fate of Tim Tebow and nobody wanted to trade for him and he's without a job in this league. Maybe he'll latch on somewhere as another "experiment" or as others had mentioned another league might be a better fit.

I hope none of you really wasted money on Tebow jersey. Next time you think about latching onto to something like that go get a gradishar.

baja 04-29-2013 07:37 AM

He could break off 2K in our system.