The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Quanterus Smith (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110842)

04-27-2013 11:42 AM

Quanterus Smith

Yeah let it be known I have talked him up day one! Before anyone!

I will take full credit!

Seriously this is a steal, he will be the best pass rusher from the class!

Baba Booey 04-27-2013 11:45 AM

I like this pick. Dominated Fluker for three sacks last season.

Just hope he's healthy though (coming off an ACL tear).

cutthemdown 04-27-2013 11:46 AM

Sounds like he needs some rehab but in the 5th round you either take avg players or you take some risks with a high ceiling. Sure his floor is Paul Toveossi because he may never get healthy but he looks fast off the edge when he was playing.

stoxman 04-27-2013 11:46 AM

Yep, if healthy...SOLID pick. Love the value picks.

cutthemdown 04-27-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3838549)

I will take full credit!

It's nice to see people excited instead of poo pooing everything. GO BRONCOS!

04-27-2013 11:52 AM

Bmore Manning's thread > Rohirrim's thread

04-27-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COWheatGrower (Post 3838594)
Bmore Manning's thread > Rohirrim's thread

No, his is better with a nice profile, write up and all.. I just did this to talk myself and Quantereus Smith up..

I know most around here don't like me, and I can't even get respect for anything I say.

OBF1 04-27-2013 12:01 PM

Who are you

baja 04-27-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3838630)
No, his is better with a nice profile, write up and all.. I just did this to talk myself and Quantereus Smith up..

I know most around here don't like me, and I can't even get respect for anything I say.

Good call Bmore. people are just riding ya.

Lycan 04-27-2013 12:04 PM

I wouldn't have been upset if we took him with our 4th instead of moving back.

Value.

cutthemdown 04-27-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

No one around here feels like anyone likes them. :)

04-27-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3838642)
Who are you

Just a guy who knows a little bit about football..

Aftermath 04-27-2013 12:16 PM

Lies

04-27-2013 12:20 PM

Someone said he was ready to go for training camp is this true?

fontaine 04-27-2013 12:20 PM

Man I love this pick. The kid has a great shoulder dip at speed, can redirect inside, and has seriously violent hands.

One of the best pure pass rushers in the draft.

UberBroncoMan 04-27-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3838549)

I will take full credit!

Would you say he's the Dumervil of the draft?

04-27-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan (Post 3838833)
Would you say he's the Dumervil of the draft?

Value and Round? Yes!!!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 04-27-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

04/17/13 - WKU’s Quanterus Smith visits with Eagles, will visit Giants...Western Kentucky defensive end Quanterus Smith has visited with the Philadelphia Eagles and will visit with the New York Giants this weekend. Smith (6-foot-5, 250 pounds) was at the NFL Scouting Combine, but unable to do drills due to a left ACL injury. He returned to Indianapolis for further medical evaluation last week, and checked out healthy.Smith was in Texas rehabbing his knee when Western Kentucky held its pro day on March 20. Smith is a pass-rushing defensive end, and was a productive player before the ACL injury cut short his senior season (he finished as the Football Bowl Subdivision leader in sacks per game with 1.25 - he had 12.5 sacks through 10 games in 2012). - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

02/23/13 - Only quarterbacks hold more value in today's NFL than pass rushers and thus, Western Kentucky defensive end Quanterus Smith, who led the country with an average of 1.25 sacks in 2012, is certain to attract plenty of attention from scouts... even though he won't be able to workout at the Combine or potentially at all before the draft.Smith was leading the nation with 12.5 sacks when he tore the ACL in his left knee against Louisiana-Lafayette on November 17. He underwent surgery to repair the ligament November 29 and hasn't been able to workout sufficiently since. In fact, he told NFLDraftScout.com that he doesn't plan to start running on his knee until he leaves the combine early next week and isn't sure that he'll be able to work out at Western Kentucky's Pro Day.As such, teams may have to draft him based on the faith that he'll recover from the injury, making the medical reports clubs receive on him as critical to his draft stock as with any player in the 2013 draft.The 6-4, 253-pound Smith lacks the bulk teams prefer at defensive end and is the first to admit that he needs to get better at setting the edge against the run. He is, however, a talented pass rusher who stepped up his game against top competition, including posting three sacks against the vaunted Alabama offensive line in the second game of the 2012 season for both clubs. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=DE

pricejj 04-27-2013 01:38 PM

Bmore called late-round DE Quanterus Smith all along.

Did we trade up for Damontre Moore yet? :rofl:

04-27-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricejj (Post 3838988)
Bmore called late-round DE Quanterus Smith all along.

Did we trade up for Damontre Moore yet? :rofl:

Apparently MED called it! Not me.. :)

cutthemdown 04-27-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic (Post 3838753)
Someone said he was ready to go for training camp is this true?

Yes it's true! Someone did say that.

ColoradoDarin 04-27-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

It's because you say things like this. People would respect you and give you credit, but you jump in and do the attention whore "LOOKATME!LOOKATME!LOOKATME!LOOKATME!" thing, then get all butthurt when people then give you crap for it.

04-27-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmore Manning (Post 3838993)
Apparently MED called it! Not me.. :)

You'll find that people are much more willing to give you credit and respect if you stop doing it yourself before anybody else has the chance.

Vegas_Bronco 04-27-2013 03:14 PM

This place gets old with all the fighting...it's sad at times bc it use to be a great site and now is too filled with inbytching. Quit fighting like ill girls...your both pretty. Read up on this site if you've lost your manliness:

http://http://touch.artofmanliness.c...443d6c8e465760

04-27-2013 03:34 PM

The potential value with this pick is amazing. He's arguably the best pass rusher in this draft class. It sucks for him that he had such a major injury, but it works out amazingly for us. Even if Tayvon Webster is the massive reach many think he is, this pick will likely totally make up for it.

1st round talent in the 5th round? Yes please.

Edit:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vWCAavZMJBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
If you can give the line of Alabama fits like this you probably have a bright future in the NFL.