The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anybody wishing Lattimore in the 4th? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110836)

ZONA 04-27-2013 12:17 AM

Anybody wishing Lattimore in the 4th?
 
I can't help but think after FA and with the draft so far, we've got one hell of a team and have a great chance to go to the big show. At this point, 4th round, most picks are either projects, small school guys with NFL bodies and speed but not the competition level, or guys that have slid back due to injury or off the field issues.

I like the idea of Lattimore in the 4th if he falls to us. I would not move up to get him but if if he's there, I'd love to take a shot at him. If he can recover to near full health during the season, wow, what a gem of a backfield we'll have.

OBF1 04-27-2013 12:29 AM

Why not move up if he is our guy? We throw in a 5th or 6th and grab him... What in reality would we get using that extra 5th or 6th? Lattimore is a really good RB. I would be all for moving up and getting him.

But I know we will not so why dream.

OBF1 04-27-2013 12:32 AM

If we did get Lattimore, we could instantly cut McGahee and Lance Ball... Cap savings!

ZONA 04-27-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3837685)
If we did get Lattimore, we could instantly cut McGahee and Lance Ball... Cap savings!

Get Lattimore, cut McGahee and Ball, sign Freeney......championship!!!

Lestat 04-27-2013 12:38 AM

i'm actually hoping for a QB. either Bray or Dysert for value purposes.
but a S like Thomas from Fresno or a DE like Okafor,Jenkins or Smith. even a WR like Patton would be great value right now.

OBF1 04-27-2013 12:45 AM

A late round QB would do what exactly for us besides waste a pick? We got Oz early last season and we have PFM running this team, I just do not get wasting a draft pick this year on a QB, He would never help us win the SB in our short window of time.

Lestat 04-27-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3837696)
A late round QB would do what exactly for us besides waste a pick? We got Oz early last season and we have PFM running this team, I just do not get wasting a draft pick this year on a QB, He would never help us win the SB in our short window of time.

trade chip for the future and a guy who can help push Oz now.
the NFL is a QB driven league and teams are willing to pay out the nose for even back ups.
not every draft pick is for right now or for a certain window.
if we were drafting only for now it'd be all RB's,WR's,OL and DE's.

UberBroncoMan 04-27-2013 12:53 AM

That's a bit overkill on the RB.

OBF1 04-27-2013 01:08 AM

Was it overkill when first McGahee went down, then Moreno leaving us with Ball and Hillman in the playoff loss to the Ravens? I think not.

We are in the here and now with Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey, we can not look for trade bait down the line, What good will that do you after our team leaders and future HOF players are gone? We need a solid defense and a killer offense NOW, not camp fodder and trade chips.

spdirty 04-27-2013 01:18 AM

I'd love it if Barrett Jones and Schwenke are gone but I know it won't happen so why bother? We're gonna take a quarterback or wideout from jackoff state so I'm not getting my hopes up.

cutthemdown 04-27-2013 01:20 AM

Broncos aren't going to draft Hillman, then M. Ball, then another running back. Not this yr. I'd rather them trade up to grab Schwenke or Jones.

cutthemdown 04-27-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3837703)
Was it overkill when first McGahee went down, then Moreno leaving us with Ball and Hillman in the playoff loss to the Ravens? I think not.

We are in the here and now with Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey, we can not look for trade bait down the line, What good will that do you after our team leaders and future HOF players are gone? We need a solid defense and a killer offense NOW, not camp fodder and trade chips.

Yeah but Broncos will rehab Moreno, rehab Willis, they drafted Hillman, M. Ball and will probably think only so many rbs can make the team. If one of the vets cant get healthy they could still bring in a vet journeyman like Bradshaw.

Broncos IMO will look for interior oline, maybe a pass rusher.

OBF1 04-27-2013 01:36 AM

McGahee and Moreno can only rehab so much, At what point do you think they are never going to be healthy for more than a couple games? Willis is old, broke and fumbles like he has dipped his hands in slick 50 oil treatment. Moreno is who he is. Montee Ball/Marcus Lattimore and Ronnie Hillman would be plain sick... and not only a short term fix, but here for the long haul.

cutthemdown 04-27-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBF1 (Post 3837719)
McGahee and Moreno can only rehab so much, At what point do you think they are never going to be healthy for more than a couple games? Willis is old, broke and fumbles like he has dipped his hands in slick 50 oil treatment. Moreno is who he is. Montee Ball/Marcus Lattimore and Ronnie Hillman would be plain sick... and not only a short term fix, but here for the long haul.

I just don't think they will do it.

OBF1 04-27-2013 02:01 AM

LOL I never said they would do it... I said I would like them to do it. If I based the Broncos draft on what I want, I would bitter like Baja.

DarkHorse 04-27-2013 05:27 AM

I'd like to have Lattimore - give us a 'feel good' story. At this point i'm really happy with the draft so far. Ball looks like an instant starter to me, the CB that we drafted is interesting - i'm no expert but I know 90% of the guys here are so.....

Ratboy 04-27-2013 05:37 AM

As much as I would like to see Ball, Lattimore, and Hillman... I am very concerned with his knees. If he never had those injuries, he is easily a top pick in the draft.

FireFly 04-27-2013 05:46 AM

If he fell to us, I'd definitely take a flyer on him. We're unlikely to get a starter in the 4th or beyond this year so we could even afford to red shirt him. If it works out, he and Ball would be our one two punch in the long term!

Hillman... I don't see what everyone else seems to see at this point but he's good depth and a change of pace. Mcgahee has this season left (if he's lucky) and Moreno, well I can't say I'll be sad when we replace him. The rest of our stable isn't worth mentioning imo.

barryr 04-27-2013 05:51 AM

I'd take Lattimore as well since with the other RB's, he wouldn't need to play much at all this year and could get more time to heal. But I think with the way the draft is shaking out, I think the Broncos will take another QB. Lattimore could be had in the 5th round though.

winstoncup bronco 04-27-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireFly (Post 3837767)
If he fell to us, I'd definitely take a flyer on him. We're unlikely to get a starter in the 4th or beyond this year so we could even afford to red shirt him. If it works out, he and Ball would be our one two punch in the long term!

Hillman... I don't see what everyone else seems to see at this point but he's good depth and a change of pace. Mcgahee has this season left (if he's lucky) and Moreno, well I can't say I'll be sad when we replace him. The rest of our stable isn't worth mentioning imo.

I feel the same way. At this point, picking at the end of the middle-late rounds, take chances on guys like this. Guy was on his way to being a top draft pick before he got hurt, and we certainly won't need him this year, so give him a year to recover and train, learn the playbook, get some carries in, and become the #2 back or maybe more the following year.

Rohirrim 04-27-2013 08:06 AM

I think one running back per draft is enough. Since we have PeytonMFManning, I don't see the need for it. Sure would be nice to get a MLB or a DE.

cmhargrove 04-27-2013 08:27 AM

Lattimore is an interesting prospect and I love his story, but I think it would be better to pass on him.

Pass rusher, MLB, And SS are at the top of my list. However, players like Jesse Williams and Barrett Jones also have tremendous upside at positions of need. This would be a good round to trade up for one of these talented (if not injured) prospects that could potentially heal and start for us later.

04-27-2013 08:52 AM

Lattimore simply isn't very good. Plus the broncos have enough backs.

BroncoMan4ever 04-27-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZONA (Post 3837674)
I can't help but think after FA and with the draft so far, we've got one hell of a team and have a great chance to go to the big show. At this point, 4th round, most picks are either projects, small school guys with NFL bodies and speed but not the competition level, or guys that have slid back due to injury or off the field issues.

I like the idea of Lattimore in the 4th if he falls to us. I would not move up to get him but if if he's there, I'd love to take a shot at him. If he can recover to near full health during the season, wow, what a gem of a backfield we'll have.

Not before the 5th for my own beliefs. I still see good talent without injury. If he is there in the 5th than go ahead and take him if he is your guy.

KipCorrington25 04-27-2013 09:06 AM

No, I don't want to see that injury replayed over and over thank God we took Ball.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.